The New Favourite Lucy Photos Thread! (Vol. 2)

Brock

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hoping the Emmy win from 1968 will be on the Season 6 DVD set. I've never seen the whole thing, only a snippet in b/w that was up on youtube which seems to join Lucy mid-thanks. She certainly went for the upswept hair that night! Lucy's win was a surprise that year. I think the feeling was that it should have gone to newcomer Paula Prentiss. There was a bit of negative backlash because all four actors who won for drama and comedy were repeats from 1967. Of the 4 only Lucy was never nominated again.

On the 1968 Emmys, Lucy and Carol sang "I Remember It Well" (with intro from Frank Sinatra) with lyrics about early TV. Not sure with music rights (Lerner and Loewe) whether they could include this on the DVDs.

"I remember the 12 inch screen

We were so impressed.

Bishop Fulton Sheen.

You mean "Father Knows Best"?"

$(KGrHqV,!rcE+nmzSRfZBQIFfCwU7Q~~60_12.JPG

I'm hoping the Emmy win from 1968 will be on the Season 6 DVD set. I've never seen the whole thing, only a snippet in b/w that was up on youtube which seems to join Lucy mid-thanks. She certainly went for the upswept hair that night! Lucy's win was a surprise that year. I think the feeling was that it should have gone to newcomer Paula Prentiss. There was a bit of negative backlash because all four actors who won for drama and comedy were repeats from 1967. Of the 4 only Lucy was never nominated again.

On the 1968 Emmys, Lucy and Carol sang "I Remember It Well" (with intro from Frank Sinatra) with lyrics about early TV. Not sure with music rights (Lerner and Loewe) whether they could include this on the DVDs.

"I remember the 12 inch screen

We were so impressed.

Bishop Fulton Sheen.

You mean "Father Knows Best"?"

I just saw the whole telecast recently. Lucy and (a very pregnant) Carol present an award for special achievement, which has very weird, unrelated nominees: performers Art Carney and Pat Paulsen, a Charlie Brown special, the choreography for Movin' with Nancy, special effects for Star Trek, and sound editing for Mission Impossible. Lucy and Carol announce that it's a tie between Carney and Paulsen. This was a bicoastal show and Paulsen is in California and Carney is in New York. New York host Dick Van Dyke presents the award to Paulsen. This begins the most awkward Emmy moment I've ever seen - even more so than Lucy forgetting her glasses in 1975. Nobody knows who should speak first. It keeps cutting between confusion in NY and in LA. This goes on for minutes. Lucy's yelling, "Someone speak!" At one point, they have the audio of Paulsen and the camera on Carney. Paulsen finally starts to speak and they cut him off almost immediately. After more confusion, Carney finally gives his speech. Poor Paulsen. This was the only Emmy he ever won. Carney won five others. Also, I've never seen so many Nehru jackets in one room.

I just saw the whole telecast recently.

But what about Lucy's win? Does the camera pick up her reaction when her name was announced? Is her acceptance speech longer than the short clip up on youtube?

And did they show any clips of the Best Comedy Series nominees?

But what about Lucy's win? Does the camera pick up her reaction when her name was announced? Is her acceptance speech longer than the short clip up on youtube?

And did they show any clips of the Best Comedy Series nominees?

Lucy's speech is much longer. The YouTube is just the end of it. It's a very nice speech, but not as emotional as the previous year. They did not show Lucy's reaction when her name was announced. I don't think they showed any of the nominees in the audience when they read their names. They did not show any clips of any of the shows.

Ebay holds some great gems! She was so beautiful, cannot get over her beauty.

Beautiful my aunt Ethel, she's positively gorgeous in that first shot. I just got Lucy TREASURES by Cindy de la Hoz and even though the pictures are seldom ones i have never seen, when they're BIG and in COLOR, i just never tire of looking at them. Some of the ones shown here are NEW to me although at my age i may just have forgotten them.

Beautiful nmy aunt Ethel, she's positively gorgeous in that first shot. I just got Lucy TREASURES by Cindy de la Hoz and even though the pictures are seldom ones i have never seen, when they're BIG and in COLOR, i just never tire of looking at them. Some of the ones shown here are NEW to me although at my age i may just have forgotten them.

Oh yes! The Lucille Ball Treasures book! It's a great book with some great rarities in it!

Archived