60th Anniversary "Lucy" Cruise is a go!

Brock

Ship Ahoy, “Lucy” lovers – all fans on deck!

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

By Staff Report

Remember when Lucy Ricardo set sail for Europe – only to miss the boat while kissing her son goodbye? Remember how she later spent a night wedged into a porthole? Lucy fans everywhere are invited to relive these magic moments – and create some ocean-going memories of their own – on a special, week-long I LOVE LUCY DIAMOND JUBILEE CRUISE!

Booked aboard the Royal Caribbean Line’s beautiful Oasis of the Seas, this once-in-a-lifetime double-anniversary celebration will set sail from Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Friday, October 15, 2011 (the 60th Anniversary of “I Love Lucy”!), returning one week later. The ship will make stops in the Western Caribbean ports of Labadee , Haiti ; Falmouth , Jamaica ; and Cozumel , Mexico .

While on board, fans will celebrate both the 60th anniversary of the most famous TV comedy series of all time, and the 100th birthday of its famous star, Lucille Ball. Events include special banquets, “Lucy”-themed “live” shows, discussions with special guests who knew and worked with the great lady, screenings of her most-loved episodes, trivia contests, and more.

Packages are now on sale. For pricing and additional information, please contact Barb Shulman (cruiseseller@cox.net) 619.548.1289 Toll Free 877.278.9386 or

Danielle Marsh (dmarsh@cruiseplanners.com) 864.228.7992 Toll Free 866.403.1318

The I LOVE LUCY DIAMOND JUBILEE CRUISE promises to be seven days that Lucy fans will never forget!

http://gltnewsnow.com/2010/09/21/ship-ahoy-lucy-lovers-all-fans-on-deck/

The destinations or ports of call or whatever you call them don't sound very appealing to me. :blink: I'd probably stay on the boat and get blasted. Since it's an "ILL" cruise I'd get blasted on some Vitameatavegamin, tangy Elderberry Wine, beer and a salami sandwich--then I'd pop some seasick pills and pass out--with my azz hanging out the port hole. Would you come help me??? :lol:

The destinations or ports of call or whatever you call them don't sound very appealing to me. :blink: I'd probably stay on the boat and get blasted. Since it's an "ILL" cruise I'd get blasted on some Vitameatavegamin, tangy Elderberry Wine, beer and a salami sandwich--then I'd pop some seasick pills and pass out--with my azz hanging out the port hole. Would you come help me??? :lol:

LOL! Sure. ;)

Regarding the ports of call, Haiti seems to be an... odd choice. :mellow:

Archived