Desi and Linda Purl to Play Feinstein's in New York!

HarryCarter

Desi and his former wife Linda Purl will be performing at Feinstein's at the Regency in New York on September 30 and October 1! I'm very excited about this. The September 30 performance will be recorded for a live CD. Feinstein's is scheduled to close at the end of the year, so I'm glad this is happening so soon.

My link

• 2 months later...

Linda Purl on her former in-laws:

PC: Another great lady of the stage and screen I would love to hear your recollections of is your former mother-in-law Lucille Ball. What was she like one-on-one?

LP: Oh, she was great. You know, I knew her after she had not been working for a certain amount of time - she had chosen to stop working. In my interactions with her, I found that she was a very strong woman who was very smart, very loving, extremely family-orientated and a great backgammon player.

PC: She had had quite a life. Was she hard on you at all?

LP: Well, I honestly have to say that I never saw any of that with her - I can’t speak to any of that, but she really struck me as a very strong woman with a lot of strength of character. She had a beautiful life and really treasured her family - and she was always very loving to me.

PC: Desi, Jr. will be joining you at Feinstein’s, correct?

LP: Yes. Desi, Jr. will be on percussion.

PC: Obviously, your relationship remains amicable, post-divorce.

LP: Oh, of course - I’ve just been so blessed to have such a close friendship with him, and, also his lovely wife, Amy. They have been together for more than twenty-five years now. Desi, Jr. is just an incredible musician - he is phenomenal.

PC: What was Desi, Sr. like, from what you remember?

LP: Well, I don’t think he was ever tested for it, but I suspect that if he had been he would have been categorized as a genius.

PC: He was a true pioneer.

LP: He wasn’t a linear thinker - you know, somebody would come to him with a problem and he would go way outside the box, but he had this capacity to approach problem-solving from the underside of a brick wall; just a huge, huge talent. Again, I did not know him when he was working, I knew him much later in his life when he was having a very lovely, calm, quiet life by the seaside in Mexico.

FULL INTERVIEW: LINDA PURL

I went to the show tonight and it was excellent! Linda Purl is a terrific singer and picked some great songs. The show really came alive with Desi. He is a phenomenal musician! Wow. The audience was amazed by his talent. Lucie was in the audience and it was great to see the two of them together.

Here is the link to an interview with Desi and Linda from the local New York show "The Couch." THE COUCH

I went to the show tonight and it was excellent! Linda Purl is a terrific singer and picked some great songs. The show really came alive with Desi. He is a phenomenal musician! Wow. The audience was amazed by his talent. Lucie was in the audience and it was great to see the two of them together.

Here is the link to an interview with Desi and Linda from the local New York show "The Couch." THE COUCH

Harry: Thanks SO MUCH for sharing this wonderful interview; I don't believe I've ever heard Desi as animated and down to earth as he was in that interview....WOW! The inherited genius lives....

Loving you, JK

Archived