LucyFest 2012

Sure wish I knew those of you who are attending the 'Fest'; I'm gonna be downtown looking for familiar faces; but, would sure LOVE to meet those of you from the Lounge who are attending...

HarryCarter, will be especially 'looking to meet you', since my chronology will be dedicated to my 'little Lucy', born on Lucille's birthday - this is what I would love to have you autograph: "To Lakin: Your NeMa's 'little Lucy'..." This will be an addition to her birthday gift, which I've already sent - she lives in Illinois for the past several years...she turns 22 on 8/6. So, I'll be seeing you at booksigning...

Love, JK

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure wish I knew those of you who are attending the 'Fest'; I'm gonna be downtown looking for familiar faces; but, would sure LOVE to meet those of you from the Lounge who are attending...

HarryCarter, will be especially 'looking to meet you', since my chronology will be dedicated to my 'little Lucy', born on Lucille's birthday - this is what I would love to have you autograph: "To Lakin: Your NeMa's 'little Lucy'..." This will be an addition to her birthday gift, which I've already sent - she lives in Illinois for the past several years...she turns 22 on 8/6. So, I'll be seeing you at booksigning...

Love, JK

Well, can you wait another year? Me and Gypsy Rose will be there next August. :lucythrill:

Charlie wants to know how Paula is ( if you are going to that).

Paula was surprisingly hilarious! The first thing I had seen Paula in in years was Craig Ferguson the other night and I wasn't very impressed. But she can really connect to an audience (tonight's had a surprising number of Canadian schoolteachers). She really put on a good show.

Always look forward to Brock's recaps and humorous observations. Charlie wants to know how Paula is ( if you are going to that).

Paula was terrific tonight.

We got into Jamestown a bit later than planned today, so Paula's event was really the only thing left. The museums and Desilu...Studios were still open for business, but the silent auction had wrapped and the Collectors' Show (one vendor, but one vendor with lots of cool stuff) has too, so a lot of window shopping was in order. While window shopping, I saw Lucie, Elisabeth Edwards and Ron Abel from the rear as they were heading in the direction of the Reg Lenna Civic Centre. (Ron's pony tail helps them stand out from the crowd. LOL) Around the Civic Centre, I ran into HC on the streets (as one does) and from there we settled our ticket situations and then went to grab a quick bite to eat with my mother before Paula's program.

There was a pretty packed crowd for Paula's show -- lots of familiar faces but lots of new ones too, and she was wonderful. The odd thing about Poundstone is she is much better in front of a live audience where she can interact and play off of them, rather than appearing on a talk show for instance. She's so engaging and quick on her feet that she is really a marvel to watch. Unfortunately she didn't have Michael Stern in the crowd to play off of like she did last year that was fuelled by her hatred for Doctor Phil, but there seemed to be inordinate numbers of Canadians, teachers, and Canadian teachers in the crowd to pick on, which was hilarious. She also re-connected with Lou, her nemesis from last year who is a member of the Lucy-Desi board.

Following the show, most of us just hung outside of the Reg Lenna re-connecting. It's fantastic to see the same great crowd year after year. On the way back to hotel we ( *looks around* :mred: ) found an...after hours collector show for a late night paw. LOL

More tomorrow!

Late night collectors show? What kind of after hours Lucy collectables are they selling? Maybe an appearence of Lucy's garter from her Gary wedding. Saw that one in LA in 99 and it didn't sell ( reserve too high).

:marionstrong:

It was the collectors show that closed at 3.30 p.m., but we just happened to walk by as they were setting up for tomorrow.

My dad and I got in around 9:30 last night, so we missed Thursday's events. I'm so excited to hear there's a collector's show this year. I'll undoubtedly be dropping some cash there! Our first event is the lunch with Gregg Oppenheimer, but I'll be heading downtown soon to check things out. Any Loungers in Jamestown, hope to see you there! :lucythrill:

I'm too exhausted to write a full recap, but here's a news brief:

(0.5. HC and I bumped into Magster first thing this morning. It was meant to be! lol)

1. The members only party had a couple of interesting pieces this year, but paled in comparison to the variety of stuff they took out of the archive last year.

2. I really enjoyed the Gregg Oppenheimer lunch, although no new ground was really covered. It's great to hear his stories though...and Elegant Edibles served up another mysterious dish. :D

(2.5. Met a new Lucy Lounger! Howdy, Desiluforever!)

3. The Cemetery Tour was actually REALLY cool! It would be even cooler if done at night. Maybe that's what their Paranormal Activity event was.

4. The Opening Ceremony for the Lucy Games was a bit too disorganized and chaotic for my taste, but was a really neat idea. Hopefully the closing ceremonies tomorrow will be an improvement.

5. Lucie was terrific as always in her show tonight and seemed to be having a blast! Tammy Pescatelli was a riot as well. In the chaos, it was difficult to tell what kind of material she would be bringing to the 8:30 show, but was hysterically funny.

6. Most of us splurged and got tickets for Lucie's after party. So glad I did -- there was the added bonus of having a professional photo taken with the lady of the hour.

(0.5. HC and I bumped into Magster first thing this morning. It was meant to be! lol)

1. The members only party had a couple of interesting pieces this year, but paled in comparison to the variety of stuff they took out of the archive last year.

2. I really enjoyed the Gregg Oppenheimer lunch, although no new ground was really covered. It's great to hear his stories though...and Elegant Edibles served up another mysterious dish. :D

3. The Cemetery Tour was actually REALLY cool! It would be even cooler if done at night. Maybe that's what their Paranormal Activity event was.

4. The Opening Ceremony for the Lucy Games was a bit too disorganized and chaotic for my taste, but was a really neat idea. Hopefully the closing ceremonies tomorrow will be an improvement.

5. Lucie was terrific as always in her show tonight and seemed to be having a blast! Tammy Pescatelli was a riot as well. In the chaos, it was difficult to tell what kind of material she would be bringing to the 8:30 show, but was hysterically funny.

6. Most of us splurged and got tickets for Lucie's after party. So glad I did -- there was the added bonus of having a professional photo taken with the lady of the hour.

So glad I bumped into you and HC this morning. It was definitely fate! :D Sorry I didn't get to hang around with you guys more today, but hopefully tomorrow? I was called today to do an interview for whatever documentary the Center is making at some point tomorrow. lol.

I'm also way too exhausted to do a recap, but can I just say how proud I was of myself for not fainting and being able to carry on a convo with Lucie? LOL.

Me: Hi, I'm Maggie. It is so wonderful to be able to meet you!

:lucie: Hi! Oh, my GOD! Has anyone ever told you you look EXACTLY like Linda Purl?!?! That's Desi's ex-wife you know, but she's lovely. Ron, look! LINDA! It's Maggie but she's Linda!

:marionstrong: :marionstrong: :marionstrong:

And then Ron proceeded to agree and tell me I also look like a young Celeste Holm. lol.

Can't wait for another awesome day tomorrow!

Been downtown both previous days, and will do so today; if you see a fat little old lady, with a large pink and white striped beach bag, hail her down, it's me.

Sat on the Plaza for an hour; but, of course, if I've never met you, don't know what you look like. Looking for Kay Statz, Brock, got Jamie's autograph for my granddaughter on his FAQ book; Magster, Mr. Hep; Desilu; others; if you go on-line before you go downtown, I'll be around sometime again today. Had I not had dinner arrangements with friends from Lakewood last night (which fizzled, by the way) I'd have stayed downtown longer. Then, of course, there is the terrible heat (today supposed to be even hotter; record-setting; so, be careful) and the having to keep the meters fed; up and down the darn hills - oh, well, it's worth it. Does everyone stay at the Best Western downtown? I never thought of checking that out; I know the McCulloughs do, ALWAYS....

Enjoy all . . . I KNOW you will...Love, JK

So glad I bumped into you and HC this morning. It was definitely fate! :D Sorry I didn't get to hang around with you guys more today, but hopefully tomorrow? I was called today to do an interview for whatever documentary the Center is making at some point tomorrow. lol.

I'm also way too exhausted to do a recap, but can I just say how proud I was of myself for not fainting and being able to carry on a convo with Lucie? LOL.

Me: Hi, I'm Maggie. It is so wonderful to be able to meet you!

:lucie: Hi! Oh, my GOD! Has anyone ever told you you look EXACTLY like Linda Purl?!?! That's Desi's ex-wife you know, but she's lovely. Ron, look! LINDA! It's Maggie but she's Linda!

:marionstrong: :marionstrong: :marionstrong:

And then Ron proceeded to agree and tell me I also look like a young Celeste Holm. lol.

Can't wait for another awesome day tomorrow!

Whoa, you got to meet Lucie, cool! I would've totally fangirled out and made a fool of myself. Sounds like you handled it well though. :professor:

Brock, it was great meeting you and HarryCarter! I left a few hours ago, but really enjoyed my time there and I'm already excited for next year. Sadly, they center was wrong again and they still didn't have our photos ready with Lucie when we left around 7:00. So now they have to mail them to me. Whatever, still was a great festival again!!

Brock, it was great meeting you and HarryCarter! I left a few hours ago, but really enjoyed my time there and I'm already excited for next year. Sadly, they center was wrong again and they still didn't have our photos ready with Lucie when we left around 7:00. So now they have to mail them to me. Whatever, still was a great festival again!!

It was great meeting you too! Don't forget to hang your rose upside down. :lucywow: I certainly hope the Lucie photos make an appearance before I leave tomorrow.

Again, I am too exhausted to write a full recap until tomorrow (that seems to happen when there are more than two members of the Lounge in any one place at any one time), but there were some TERRIFIC costumes in the costume contest this year. But not only that, Joyce was there too! Great seeing you again! It has been way too long.

Organizers also had a great idea of doing the preliminary rounds of the Trivia Contest by ballot so not only was it more inclusive for everyone instead of waiting for their names to get pulled out of a hat, and then as the numbers dwindled they came up on stage. The Radio Show was another great effort and I particularly enjoyed the Baby Snooks recreation. The same actress played Liz Cooper and Baby Snooks, but it seemed like she was having a particular ball playing the latter and it was a lot of fun to watch. It had a great reception.

Billy Gardell was interesting too. He was very, very funny but I feel I would have got more out of his performance had I been more familiar with his work. For the first half of the show, I thought the guy sitting next to me was crazy but as the show went on it was clear he was more or less a typical Gardell Groupie. :marionstrong: A lot of fun, capped by a great evening of shooting the breeze with fellow fans -- with some walk-on appearances by Adrian Israel. LOL!

Boat cruise in the morning!

(I would be posting photos by now, but the camera cord seems to be the only one I left at home. :rolleyes: )

It was great meeting you too! Don't forget to hang your rose upside down. :lucywow: I certainly hope the Lucie photos make an appearance before I leave tomorrow.

Again, I am too exhausted to write a full recap until tomorrow (that seems to happen when there are more than two members of the Lounge in any one place at any one time), but there were some TERRIFIC costumes in the costume contest this year. But not only that, Joyce was there too! Great seeing you again! It has been way too long.

Organizers also had a great idea of doing the preliminary rounds of the Trivia Contest by ballot so not only was it more inclusive for everyone instead of waiting for their names to get pulled out of a hat, and then as the numbers dwindled they came up on stage. The Radio Show was another great effort and I particularly enjoyed the Baby Snooks recreation. The same actress played Liz Cooper and Baby Snooks, but it seemed like she was having a particular ball playing the latter and it was a lot of fun to watch. It had a great reception.

Billy Gardell was interesting too. He was very, very funny but I feel I would have got more out of his performance had I been more familiar with his work. For the first half of the show, I thought the guy sitting next to me was crazy but as the show went on it was clear he was more or less a typical Gardell Groupie. :marionstrong: A lot of fun, capped by a great evening of shooting the breeze with fellow fans -- with some walk-on appearances by Adrian Israel. LOL!

Boat cruise in the morning!

(I would be posting photos by now, but the camera cord seems to be the only one I left at home. :rolleyes: )

Yep, the rose is indeed upside down! lol! :)

I will post a much better recap later (probably sometime tomorrow), but, as usual, the weekend has been such a blast! And this year has been even more special because I (finally!) got to meet Brock and HC! Definitely two of the grooviest guys I've had the pleasure of meeting. :) I'm sorry I couldn't make it over to the Best Western last night, but I so enjoyed shooting the breeze with you two over delicious Taco Hut margaritas (thanks, HC!). :D Hopefully I'll see you both again before we have to go our separate ways. I'm not doing the boat cruise this morning, and I haven't had time to go through the Playhouse yet this weekend, so I'm going to do that before heading over to Celoron for the (fantastic) "Celoron through Lucy's Eyes" presentation. Aaaaaand, in case anyone's wondering, the final count for Maggie Money gone bye-bye at the Collector's Show...$420. :lucywow: Oooooopsies! :lucythrill:

Archived