Desi's Bongos

Brock

While looking for something else this morning, I stumbled across this cool photo of Desi's Bongos just hanging out on a shelf at the Smithsonian Institute:

http://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/news-photo/bongos-once-belonging-to-desi-arnaz-are-seen-above-a-pair-news-photo/149575482

The Caption: Bongos once belonging to Desi Arnaz are seen above a pair of shoes worn by Jon Provost 'Timmy' in the TV series 'Lassie' among other items in the vaults at the Smithsonian's American History Museum July 27, 2012 in Washington, DC. The items are stored onsite at the American History Museum on the National Mall with other objects of significance that are not on display.

I knew Lucie and Desi had donated the bulk of Lucy and Desi's papers, music, etc., to the Library of Congress, so I wonder what other groovy iems have found their way to the Smithsonian.

While looking for something else this morning, I stumbled across this cool photo of Desi's Bongos just hanging out on a shelf at the Smithsonian Institute:

http://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/news-photo/bongos-once-belonging-to-desi-arnaz-are-seen-above-a-pair-news-photo/149575482

The Caption: Bongos once belonging to Desi Arnaz are seen above a pair of shoes worn by Jon Provost 'Timmy' in the TV series 'Lassie' among other items in the vaults at the Smithsonian's American History Museum July 27, 2012 in Washington, DC. The items are stored onsite at the American History Museum on the National Mall with other objects of significance that are not on display.

I knew Lucie and Desi had donated the bulk of Lucy and Desi's papers, music, etc., to the Library of Congress, so I wonder what other groovy iems have found their way to the Smithsonian.

Very cool, they are in wonderful shape! They should really do something with them rather than just let them sit. It's exactly like the L-D Museum, they haven't made any major changes in quite a while, but they have so much in archives just sitting in the basement.

Very cool! Last summer when I was in Washington DC I was able to see the exhibit The Library of Congress had to honor Lucy's Centennial and the 60th anniversary of I Love Lucy. It was a small exhibit but very groovy. They had many of Lucy and Desi's scrapbook pages on display.

Archived