I Love Lucy DVD re-issue (Seasons 1-4 on Oct. 9) -- Cover Art!

Brock

CBS is re-issuing ILL on DVD beginning with the first four seasons on October 9. The series continues in November.

Amazon has recently released the (kinda groovy) cover art. It certainly has a very different look!

reissue-01.jpg

reissue-02.jpg

reissue-03.jpg

reissue-04.jpg

I was taken aback by the new look of it, but on fourth glance I'm starting to dig the simplicity.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CBS is re-issuing the first three seasons of ILL on DVD beginning with the first four seasons on October 9. The series continues in November.

Amazon has recently released the (kinda groovy) cover art. It certainly has a very different look!

reissue-01.jpg

reissue-02.jpg

reissue-03.jpg

reissue-04.jpg

I was taken aback by the new look of it, but on fourth glance I'm starting to dig the simplicity.

The first THREE starting with the first FOUR? Splain please, i dun't get it.

Typo. See revised post and all will be revealed.

Well, this may shock you or some others here but i have every intention of buying them all again. I just cannot stand that boxed set, it takes a day and a half to get to the shows i want to see so i will get them in individual seasons again for easier access. I never should have given mine away when i got that huge box, it's terrific looking but not very practical for playing any particular show.

I know that Gregg was talking about this in Jamestown, i didn't realize it was going to happen so quick! I'm going to buy the series over again, my copies are getting really scratched anyway. I also agree with CLAUDE, i hate the 4 individual slim DVD cases inside that cheap cardboard box, hopefully they don't do that again, i just hate it. Do you know if there is going to be a new menu design or that same old low-tech design they've use forever?

I know that Gregg was talking about this in Jamestown, i didn't realize it was going to happen so quick! I think I'm going to buy the series over again, my copies are getting really scratched anyway. Do you know if there is going to be a new menu design or that same old low-tech design they've use forever?

The only way I'd consider buying these again is if they're new pressings with new menus. The old Columbia House menus drive me nuts, they're so cluttered and not season-specific!

On another note, it's interesting to see CBS is using the word "complete" again in a TV season release. Haven't seen that in some time. Even the re-issues of "Fraiser" in keep cases dropped the word complete from the covers.

Well, this may shock you or some others here but i have every intention of buying them all again. I just cannot stand that boxed set, it takes a day and a half to get to the shows i want to see so i will get them in individual seasons again for easier access. I never should have given mine away when i got that huge box, it's terrific looking but not very practical for playing any particular show.

I'm probably going to buy these and make this set my "working" set. The clear case the full season set comes in is already showing so much wear and tear and I don't even have the disks in that damn box.

I know that Gregg was talking about this in Jamestown, i didn't realize it was going to happen so quick! I'm going to buy the series over again, my copies are getting really scratched anyway. I also agree with CLAUDE, i hate the 4 individual slim DVD cases inside that cheap cardboard box, hopefully they don't do that again, i just hate it. Do you know if there is going to be a new menu design or that same old low-tech design they've use forever?

The box itself is flimsy too, all that wear and tear means they won't last very long, but it IS pretty though, nice gift box, nice presentation, just too flimsy with all that light clear plastic. Of course that's what they want, for us to buy it again and again, the old cash cow has to keep being milked. :lucythrill:

I'm probably going to buy these and make this set my "working" set. The clear case the full season set comes in is already showing so much wear and tear and I don't even have the disks in that damn box.

Me too!! I have to spend an hour looking for all those stupid disks, and then all the cardboard boxes are almost torn to pieces after the five years I've owned them. I hope these are like the HL and TLS DVD releases.

Your copies are ALREADY scratched????? I heard if you smear peanut butter on discs, it goes in the cracks and that makes them play ok, but putting peanut butter on the ep where the maid gives her that thick peanut butter might be redundant. :lucythrill:

Agreed! They're so bland compared to the great job on the set for the alleged seventh, eighth, and ninth seasons.

Yes, I totally agree! I love the LDCH DVD title menus, the animations and all. They remind me a lot of TLS season 1 menus, probably the same designer. Yes, my discs are already scratched, I've probably played them a million times each, lol, and I have a bad habit of keeping the discs on my table and they scratch then too.

Same here! Although i haven't played them much, too complicated to get them out. So my plastic box still looks showroom fresh, LOL!

Yes, I totally agree! I love the LDCH DVD title menus, the animations and all. They remind me a lot of TLS season 1 menus, probably the same designer.

Yes, LDCH onwards Jonathan Angus has designed the menus. He's actually "liked" a few comments I've made on the official Lucy Show board on facebook, LOL!

i hate the 4 individual slim DVD cases inside that cheap cardboard box, hopefully they don't do that again, i just hate it.

This is a "You Know You Might Be Too Much of a Lucy Fan When..." moment, but... getting a little bit overjoyed thinking these new sets might be in the same kinds of cases as the TLS and HL sets and visualizing how awesome all three series will look on a shelf lined up side by side. LOL

This is a "You Know You Might Be Too Much of a Lucy Fan When..." moment, but... getting a little bit overjoyed thinking these new sets might be in the same kinds of cases as the TLS and HL sets and visualizing how awesome all three series will look on a shelf lined up side by side. LOL

You just made me laugh so hard... I was thinking the exact same thing!!! :lucyhaha:

It's such a shame companies didn't figure out keepcases could hold four or more discs back in the early 2000s when "TV on DVD" first took off. All this big bulky digipaks I got at the time are really eating up shelf space.

Archived