Favorite Lucy comic scene of all time . . .

C L A U D E

Although it changes all the time, i have to say that bit when she's in bed with Danny Thomas on the Lucy/Desi Comedy Hour and Danny thinks it's his wife and he starts nuzzling her and she makes these faces . . .well, i just never tire of watching that one and still laugh to this day.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gosh Claude, your questions are tough! I don't really have specific moments, I more have specific episodes but whatever scenes make me literally cry are the ones that I love and there are tooooo many to answer! If I had to pick one episode that comes into my mind right now is "The Freezer". This is the last one that I can recall actually crying with laughter at. But yes, the Danny Thomas episode is truly hilarious. Anytime that Lucy is trying to find a way out of a sticky situation is the funniest to me.

Gosh Claude, your questions are tough! I don't really have specific moments, I more have specific episodes but whatever scenes make me literally cry are the ones that I love and there are tooooo many to answer! If I had to pick one episode that comes into my mind right now is "The Freezer". This is the last one that I can recall actually crying with laughter at. But yes, the Danny Thomas episode is truly hilarious. Anytime that Lucy is trying to find a way out of a sticky situation is the funniest to me.

Everything about the Danny Thomas one is hilarious from start to finish. BUT, it took me years to find the nuzzling up to her scene the most hilarious from that show. I guess that kind of thing wasn't funny to me as a kid, LOL!

Everything about the Danny Thomas one is hilarious from start to finish. BUT, it took me years to find the nuzzling up to her scene the most hilarious from that show. I guess that kind of thing wasn't funny to me as a kid, LOL!

Hence why my opinions will constantly change as yours has. Everyone's tastes mature or immature! LOL!

My current favourite is Conducting the Sympony in -- you guessed it! -- Lucy Conducts the Symphony.

Honourable mentions:

Lucy and Ricky in the "Ricky Needs An Agent" dust-up

Lucy on the tractor in "Lucy Raises Tulips"

Lucy peeling potatoes in "Viv Moves Out"

Lucy and Gale in "Lucy, The Fixer"

MY PERSONAL 'BEST OF ALL TIME'!!!!

And quite difficult to do, believably, can't see any other actress pulling that off. Sorta like when you see another actress attempt some of her funny scenes, even the great Carol Burnett couldn't make the chocolate factory belt scene look funny like Lucy did.

When I saw the title, I thought this was about favorite Lucy "comic book" scenes, LOL!

Typical bad wording from an old coot, sorry about that. I just never could get into those Lucy comic books over the decades, i mean who needed comic book renderings when we had the real thing to look at?

My current favourite is Conducting the Sympony in -- you guessed it! -- Lucy Conducts the Symphony.

Honourable mentions:

Lucy and Ricky in the "Ricky Needs An Agent" dust-up

Lucy on the tractor in "Lucy Raises Tulips"

Lucy peeling potatoes in "Viv Moves Out"

Lucy and Gale in "Lucy, The Fixer"

All excellent choices. BECAUSE i always respected YOUR opinion, YOU made me adore The Lucille Ball comedy hour AND, Lucy the Fixer. In Fixer, we got the TV version of Laurel and Hardy. Lucy did a similar version of the Conducting the Symphony routine on the Lucy in Nashville special, which is why i'd love to see it released. I forgot about the peeling potatoes one, indeed a great one as was the orange juice routine, also musical, on ILL when Little Ricky played his monotonous drum solo. Also loved Lucy and the dunmmy's WHAT A TROOPER line, LOL! Gets me every single time.

I caught something the other day when she was peeling those potatoes to "Up a Lazy River". For that scene only she has a bandage on her thumb and pointer finger on the hand she uses to hold the potato. I couldn't figure out if it was for better grip on the potato or to keep her from nicking her fingers with the peeler. I'm going to go with both.

I like the lipstick application in Mame before being told.. Moon Lady YOUR ON!... I LOVE the drunk scene in YOURS MINE and OURS from that first sip of SCOTCHVODKAGIN... I love most all sour faces when she tastes somethin' awful... HER getting madder and madder at Tallulah Bankhead.. IVE BEEN THROWN OUT OF BETTER PLACES THAN THIS.. and her "ALL YOU CAN DO IS HAHAHAHAAA DAHRLING"... THIS WOMAN never bores me and I will always think she is the tops in this business.. if I think of more I will let you all know .. thanks for this topic Claude!

Am I only the one who absolutely adores "Lucy Gets Caught Up in the Draft" from TLS? It was full of physical comedy! The entire episode was a testament that her impeccable timing and comedic chops were very much in tact, years after ILL! It's one of my favorites, for sure. I also just love her faces when she tastes something bad, ex: "Lucy is Really in a Pickle" from HL and, of course, "Lucy Does a TV Commercial" from ILL. There are too many favorites to name!

I caught something the other day when she was peeling those potatoes to "Up a Lazy River". For that scene only she has a bandage on her thumb and pointer finger on the hand she uses to hold the potato. I couldn't figure out if it was for better grip on the potato or to keep her from nicking her fingers with the peeler. I'm going to go with both.

Funny, i noticed she had a band aid on a finger on tonight's ILL rerun too, i think it was Goldbloots, i did not like Lucy writes a play at all, first dog i notice since Drafted.

I like the lipstick application in Mame before being told.. Moon Lady YOUR ON!... I LOVE the drunk scene in YOURS MINE and OURS from that first sip of SCOTCHVODKAGIN... I love most all sour faces when she tastes somethin' awful... HER getting madder and madder at Tallulah Bankhead.. IVE BEEN THROWN OUT OF BETTER PLACES THAN THIS.. and her "ALL YOU CAN DO IS HAHAHAHAAA DAHRLING"... THIS WOMAN never bores me and I will always think she is the tops in this business.. if I think of more I will let you all know .. thanks for this topic Claude!

Oh my pleasure Ms Dennis. That was a flaw in Mame, Bea is the star of the show, on stage in some cheap looking outfit and this supporting player, the moon lady, not even a name, and she's wearing this incredibly beautiful and thus SPENSIVE outfit that only a real star would wear, LOL!

Speaking of Mame, the famous movie critic, JUDITH CHRIST whom i loved almost as much as Rex Reed back then thought the best scene for Lucy was her getting up outta bed after her drunken bender and how she circles the bed barely able to walk and she was right, that was well done also.

Am I only the one who absolutely adores "Lucy Gets Caught Up in the Draft" from TLS? It was full of physical comedy! The entire episode was a testament that her impeccable timing and comedic chops were very much in tact, years after ILL! It's one of my favorites, for sure. I also just love her faces when she tastes something bad, ex: "Lucy is Really in a Pickle" from HL and, of course, "Lucy Does a TV Commercial" from ILL. There are too many favorites to name!

No, there aren't, go ahead and name some more . . .LOL! I wasn't BIG on "Draft" as i hated army type themes but i did love her reaction to her beautiful hair being cut and her scratching her head while crying. No, the best laugh here comes with Gomer Pyle making that appearance at the end, he weas HUGE back then and along with Jackie Gleason coming on as Ralph Kramden at the end of Lucy stays at Jack Benny's, two of the very few funny SURPRISES ever given to us fans on her shows.

No, there aren't, go ahead and name some more . . .LOL! I wasn't BIG on "Draft" as i hated army type themes but i did love her reaction to her beautiful hair being cut and her scratching her head while crying. No, the best laugh here comes with Gomer Pyle making that appearance at the end, he weas HUGE back then and along with Jackie Gleason coming on as Ralph Kramden at the end of Lucy stays at Jack Benny's, two of the very few funny SURPRISES ever given to us fans on her shows.

It was just her physical comedy that I loved in that episode; from running through the tires to landing on the Sergeant's shoulders! I liked when Gomer Pyle made his appearance, too; you could see him talking while the audience cheered and no one could hear him, so Lucy, being the pro she was, asked him to repeat himself without missing a beat. I love catching little things like that. I also liked "Lucy is Envious" and the alien scene..both Lucy and Ethel's and Fred and Ricky's.

Archived