Favorite Lucy comic scene of all time . . .

C L A U D E

I remember her making a great scene out of going up on a wall, that was from the show you're talking about, right?

Yep! That's how she get's on his shoulders when Mr. Mooney shows up!

My favorites:

The dilated eyes jitterbug from "Lucy Has Her Eyes Examined"

This is another one of my favorite scenes! That dance was incredible!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love all your choices. My favorites are:

Lucy is a Kangeroo (dress and elevator put also the office scene.)

Lucy and Van Johnson (the dance is superub)

Lucy and REd Skelton's pantomame and song

Lucy and bob Cummings bathtub scene.

Lucy and Carol Burnett - Roommate. (It's great how Lucy interacts with Carol.)

Lucy and the chase scene in Fuller Brush

LOng, Long Trailer "Breezing Along with the Breeze"

Lucy in the Big Street

I love all your choices. My favorites are:

Lucy is a Kangeroo (dress and elevator put also the office scene.)

Lucy and Van Johnson (the dance is superub)

Lucy and REd Skelton's pantomame and song

Lucy and bob Cummings bathtub scene.

Lucy and Carol Burnett - Roommate. (It's great how Lucy interacts with Carol.)

Lucy and the chase scene in Fuller Brush

LOng, Long Trailer "Breezing Along with the Breeze"

Lucy in the Big Street

Lucy had a comic scene in The Big Street? Please elaborate. Unless you mean when Gloria fell or was pushed down the stairs and lost the use of her legs, yeah, that was a riot, LOL! :lucyhorror::lucydisgust::lucythrill:

Aside from the obvious choices...

*When Lucy tries to sing in, but every time she gets to the top note, the buzzer rings in "The Benefit"

*When Lucy realizes that Madame X is not Ethel in "Too Many Crooks"

*When Lucy walks down the street with Ethel wearing potato sacks in "Lucy Gets A Paris Gown"

*When Lucy and the Mertzes pretend to be gangsters to get the deposit back in "Lucy Wants To Move To The Country"

*When Lucy battles the hammock in "Lucy Goes To Alaska"

*When Lucy pretends to be a geisha and says in faux Japanese, 'I don't know what to do...' in "The Ricardos Go To Japan"

*When Lucy and Viv are tied together in "Lucy And The Safe Cracker"

*When Lucy is the DJ in "Lucy And The Disk Jockey"

*When Lucy gets drunk on the yacht in "Lucy And The French Movie Star"

*When Lucy fishes her jewels out of the dipping sauce in "A Date For Lucy"

*When Lucy and Harry go on that retreat in "Lucy And The Group Encounter"

*When Lucy tries to sing in, but every time she gets to the top note, the buzzer rings in "The Benefit"

*When Lucy walks down the street with Ethel wearing potato sacks in "Lucy Gets A Paris Gown"

*When Lucy and the Mertzes pretend to be gangsters to get the deposit back in "Lucy Wants To Move To The Country"

*When Lucy pretends to be a geisha and says in faux Japanese, 'I don't know what to do...' in "The Ricardos Go To Japan"

OH YES! How could i forget that great hammock scene from the Alaska show, AND Lucy looking for the diamonds in that sauce looking like a million dollars in her famous Emmy dress. :lucyhaha: :lucyhaha:

Thank you for reminding me of the hammock scene! I need to watch that one in the next coming days! Plus the Lucy and Red scene!

Tonight, Comedy Gold showed The Gossip, yet again, and i was reminded that she could do pantomine and make it look so real, she was just incredible. :ill::gasp::lucy1::lucycoy:

Indeed! I think another one of Lucy's best comedy moments from season 1 is in "Fred and Ethel Fight" when she thinks the apartment is on fire and is trying to navigate her way out all done up in bandages. :marionstrong:

Indeed! I think another one of Lucy's best comedy moments from season 1 is in "Fred and Ethel Fight" when she thinks the apartment is on fire and is trying to navigate her way out all done up in bandages. :marionstrong:

LOL< yes, true, and saving those two containers of henna rinse before anything else. I have to say, there are lots more laughs in the first two seasons than i remembered. Some classic stuff too.

Some more...

(Aside from the obvious, of course...)

*When Lucy sneaks into the Indian Show at the club in "The Indian Show"

*ALL of Lucy and Ethel's antics in "Ricky And Fred Are TV Fans"

*When Lucy and Ethel make fools of themselves on the golf course in "The Golf Game"

*When Lucy sneaks onto the ledge in "Lucy Cries Wolf"... and then later when she is actually attacked (LOL!)

*When Lucy tries to get her face seen in "Ricky's Screen Test" ("...cut these ties that BIND me")

*When Lucy and the real jewel thief are going to attack the detective in "The Great Train Robbery"

*When Lucy rides the subway in "Lucy And The Loving Cup"

*When Lucy and Viv are in the car in "Lucy, The Meter Maid"

Some more...

(Aside from the obvious, of course...)

*When Lucy sneaks into the Indian Show at the club in "The Indian Show"

*ALL of Lucy and Ethel's antics in "Ricky And Fred Are TV Fans"

*When Lucy and Ethel make fools of themselves on the golf course in "The Golf Game"

*When Lucy sneaks onto the ledge in "Lucy Cries Wolf"... and then later when she is actually attacked (LOL!)

*When Lucy tries to get her face seen in "Ricky's Screen Test" ("...cut these ties that BIND me")

*When Lucy and the real jewel thief are going to attack the detective in "The Great Train Robbery"

*When Lucy rides the subway in "Lucy And The Loving Cup"

*When Lucy and Viv are in the car in "Lucy, The Meter Maid"

I preferred when the car they were in suddenly crashed in the living room, which Everybody Loves Raymond later copied. :lucythrill:

As i've said a hundred times, this BALLET show was considered one of her all time best by critics decades ago, it was taught in acting schools.

And look at ALL she has to do in that one episode: the ballet sequence, Slowly I turn, the big finale and everything in between.

And look at ALL she has to do in that one episode: the ballet sequence, Slowly I turn, the big finale and everything in between.

Well, that's why i never understood the constant griping about her reading cue cards on her later shows, look at the dialogue she always had to do, on top of all the comedy routines, dance and singing ones, physical humor, she always had most of it. And she was running a studio, appearing on many other shows, doing publicity, not to mention playing with her children, LOL! :lucythrill::desijr::lucy2::lucie:

Honestly, I love this episode... but does anyone else think the ending fell flat? Once Lucy saw what the bit was, wouldn't she have gone along with it? Wouldn't a funnier ending have been her trying to do the ballet dressed as the tramp? Everything until that last scene is A++++.

Honestly, I love this episode... but does anyone else think the ending fell flat? Once Lucy saw what the bit was, wouldn't she have gone along with it? Wouldn't a funnier ending have been her trying to do the ballet dressed as the tramp? Everything until that last scene is A++++.

There's not much LOGIC in a series aiming for major laughs.

Today, i saw The Freezer, one of the all time best shows ever written and the comedy was sublime from start to finish. What with that difficult to open ILL box, i haven't seen these shows in a while so i have forgotten how great some of these were. Of course it helps that i'm getting old and am going senile. Like Hank Fonda said in On Golden Pond, it's all NEW to ME!

Archived