Favorite Lucy comic scene of all time . . .

C L A U D E

It was just her physical comedy that I loved in that episode; from running through the tires to landing on the Sergeant's shoulders! I liked when Gomer Pyle made his appearance, too; you could see him talking while the audience cheered and no one could hear him, so Lucy, being the pro she was, asked him to repeat himself without missing a beat. I love catching little things like that. I also liked "Lucy is Envious" and the alien scene..both Lucy and Ethel's and Fred and Ricky's.

I remember her making a great scene out of going up on a wall, that was from the show you're talking about, right?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favorites:

The "every finger points to you, Walter Reilly" scene from "Ricky Needs an Agent"

The dilated eyes jitterbug from "Lucy Has Her Eyes Examined"

Lucy and the unraveling dress and Lucy in the kangaroo suit from "Lucy is a Kangaroo for a Day"

Lucy and the sleeping Van Johnson from "The Dancing Star" (plus her explaination about lunch with Clark Gable and the look she gives Ethel after she says "maybe Charley'll let you stay)

Lucy trying to avoid getting hit by Viv in the runaway chair in "Lucy Buys a Boat"

Lucy Teaches Ethel Merman to Sing

There are little scenes in "Lucy's Tenant" and "Lucy Plays Cops and Robbers" that I think are hysterical.

The "every finger points to you, Walter Reilly" scene from "Ricky Needs an Agent"

Lucy trying to avoid getting hit by Viv in the runaway chair in "Lucy Buys a Boat"

Excellent choices!

More:

- The entirety of Mad, Mad Margo in "Lucy's Substitute Secretary"

- The journey to the telephone in "Lucy & Mannix Are Held Hostage"

- Lucy cross-examining herself in "Lucy Is Her Own Lawyer"

My favorites:

Lucy and the unraveling dress and Lucy in the kangaroo suit from "Lucy is a Kangaroo for a Day"

Lucy and the sleeping Van Johnson from "The Dancing Star" (plus her explaination about lunch with Clark Gable and the look she gives Ethel after she says "maybe Charley'll let you stay)

There are little scenes in "Lucy's Tenant" and "Lucy Plays Cops and Robbers" that I think are hysterical.

W O W , i expected nothing less from you kiddo!

And quite difficult to do, believably, can't see any other actress pulling that off. Sorta like when you see another actress attempt some of her funny scenes, even the great Carol Burnett couldn't make the chocolate factory belt scene look funny like Lucy did.

She IS ONE OF A KIND; as so many others are:

Sinatra, Presley, Wayne, Davis, Hepburn, Diamond, Bogart, Taylor, Monroe, Dean - one mold; broken; never to be repeated, no matter HOW MANY impersonators/tribute artists appear - not, by far, a complete list; but, you get the idea....JK

My current favourite is Conducting the Sympony in -- you guessed it! -- Lucy Conducts the Symphony.

Honourable mentions:

Lucy and Ricky in the "Ricky Needs An Agent" dust-up

Lucy on the tractor in "Lucy Raises Tulips"

Lucy peeling potatoes in "Viv Moves Out"

Lucy and Gale in "Lucy, The Fixer"

Yes! Viv Moves Out! One of my favorite scenes in all TLS.

That split second when she realizes that this "actor" she found out by the pool is really Dorey Sharey... BLINK.. Who.. Who.. Who.. Who are you?? And as Dirty Girty.. when she takes a swig of that REAL gin thinking it is water.. (I am a sucker everytime she does a take on somethin' awful in her mouth).. I like it also in Here's Lucy when she picks up that crook and tosses him across the bar... it is sooo crazy but it cracks me up nonetheless...hahaaa...AND that look of horror she gets on her face before saying.. Wai-Waiter.. this food has SNAILS in it... and when she puts the clamps on her NOSE.. HOLY COW what a funny dame!

She IS ONE OF A KIND; as so many others are:

Sinatra, Presley, Wayne, Davis, Hepburn, Diamond, Bogart, Taylor, Monroe, Dean - one mold; broken; never to be repeated, no matter HOW MANY impersonators/tribute artists appear - not, by far, a complete list; but, you get the idea....JK

Diamond? Neil or Selma?

That split second when she realizes that this "actor" she found out by the pool is really Dorey Sharey... BLINK.. Who.. Who.. Who.. Who are you?? And as Dirty Girty.. when she takes a swig of that REAL gin thinking it is water.. (I am a sucker everytime she does a take on somethin' awful in her mouth).. I like it also in Here's Lucy when she picks up that crook and tosses him across the bar... it is sooo crazy but it cracks me up nonetheless...hahaaa...AND that look of horror she gets on her face before saying.. Wai-Waiter.. this food has SNAILS in it... and when she puts the clamps on her NOSE.. HOLY COW what a funny dame!

All great, and that HUGE EYE LOOK she gets before disaster happens, going down the stairs in skis, going up with balloons, before getting starched, coming out of that green dye barrel, taking that giant loaf of bread outta the oven etc . . . oh and speaking of those skis, how about when she went over the bed repeatedly with the skis on to answer the phone or door.

She also has her wrist wrapped under the handcuffs. I don't blame her those things must have hurt after working with them all week.

Interesting, I didn't notice that.

My fave scenes are anytime she acts drunk or drugged. LOL. Love the cake decorating scene with her and Viv drunk off their arses in TLS. :marionstrong:

Another favourite comedy scene from a Lucy movie is -- although it isn't as showy -- The Facts of Life when Kitty and Larry are at the Drive-In trying not to get spotted by the the dry cleaner in the next car, all the while with the blaring horn.

Another favourite comedy scene from a Lucy movie is -- although it isn't as showy -- The Facts of Life when Kitty and Larry are at the Drive-In trying not to get spotted by the the dry cleaner in the next car, all the while with the blaring horn.

Oh yeah, great one, less showy than dropping in the water though which she did on that rainstorm night. :lucydisgust::lucythrill:

I thought we were just talkin about her shows not movies too.. so as far as fun sceens in movies... in Easy to Wed...when she is doing that mumber the Continental Polka... "shake a fan"...that is good... and in Best Foot Forward when her agent tells her she is holding the bat wrong.. and when they hide in the closets and a boy hides with her and she pushes him out of the closet and gives him a look of disgust!.. or in Easy to Wed when she punches Van Johnson...oh that part in LURED when she returns the gun to the guy following her.. pretty good stuff...I like it in Season 2 of the Lucy Show when she is trying to get customers to open a new accont and get a toaster.. she says "you never know when an opportunity like this will pop (toaster pops) up again"... very good with her props and timing.. her stiptease number from Dance Girl Dance.. My Mother Told Me..

I thought we were just talkin about her shows not movies too.. so as far as fun sceens in movies... in Easy to Wed...when she is doing that mumber the Continental Polka... "shake a fan"...that is good... and in Best Foot Forward when her agent tells her she is holding the bat wrong.. and when they hide in the closets and a boy hides with her and she pushes him out of the closet and gives him a look of disgust!.. or in Easy to Wed when she punches Van Johnson...oh that part in LURED when she returns the gun to the guy following her.. pretty good stuff...I like it in Season 2 of the Lucy Show when she is trying to get customers to open a new accont and get a toaster.. she says "you never know when an opportunity like this will pop (toaster pops) up again"... very good with her props and timing.. her stiptease number from Dance Girl Dance.. My Mother Told Me..

Oh yeah, the pop up toaster on ILL was always good for a laugh or two also.

That's the first scene I thought of when I saw this thread, a classic totally Lucy Ricardo before there ever was a Lucy Ricardo!

Exactly, and you could say she perfected her famous DRUNK routine in Fuller Brush Girl and that hair falling out of the ladies' heads sure seemed a future Lucy Ricardo bit also. :lucythrill::marionstrong:

Archived