Mysteries Scandal Vivian Vance

LFFL

Oh god - I've got tears in my eyes watching this. This really made me emotional. Question, does anyone know what happened to John Dodds after Viv died? When/how did he die?

Here's what I have:

John Dodds b. 1922 d. 10/9/86

John Dodds, b. 1922; successful NY publisher, married to Vivian Vance (Lucy's Ethel Mertz), from 1961 until her death, in 1979; who, in later life, became friends with an antique dealer, named Serge, becoming his best friend, and on his death in 1986, bequeathed his entire estate, including Vivian's possessions, included in which was a scrapbook and memoirs of his late wife, which had been, to date, unpublished, dies this date in 1986.

Here's what I have:

John Dodds, b. 1922; successful NY publisher, married to Vivian Vance (Lucy's Ethel Mertz), from 1961 until her death, in 1979; who, in later life, became friends with an antique dealer, named Serge, becoming his best friend, and on his death in 1986, bequeathed his entire estate, including Vivian's possessions, included in which was a scrapbook and memoirs of his late wife, which had been, to date, unpublished, dies this date in 1986.

Honey, he wasn't just his FRIEND, he was his BOYFRIEND, John was GAY and lived in San Francisco while Viv lived in Connecticut.

Bill was also inducted. Barry and Stanley Livingston of My Three Sons presented the award to Bill's friend Patricia Barry.

OMG, she's still around too? Didn't one of those two brothers just pass away? Just read that Tim Considine (The Third Son)had left the series after a fight with Don Fedderson and that Bill absolutely detested his replacement on the show, William Demarest.

Here's what I have:

Serge is still around, here's an article on his Viv collection from 2010: http://blog.sfgate.com/collectivemind/2010/01/19/i-love-ethel-a-vivian-vance-archive-uncovered/

Archived