Miss Ball's Make up

Annaleigh

I have yet to see a thread about this. I have on the other site but wanted to bring it back up!

I adore Lucy's make up. I'm not talking just eye brows or the use of the tape but her eye make up! One of the best parts about her beauty in my opinion. The evolution of every eye make up she had is so remarkable. I wish I had better high quality photos to show how that wonderful eye make up was achieved! I must say recently I've been doing the light blue shadow on the lid with a light brown above with the little "cat eye" eye liner with the inner bottom water line with a white eyeliner to make those eyes pop like Lucy use to have! I actually enjoy the way it looks!

I love Lucy's make up what can I say?!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do too... I can look at her no matter what season of what show or movie and really love the way she is made up.. I really like the look in her movies "The Facts of Life" and "Critic's Choice" both with Bob Hope..She looks soooooooo damn pretty in color though.. look at her in her TECHNICOLOR MGM movies.. she is fantastic looking... those eyebrows and those eye lashes and the bow tie lips.. ahhhh LUCY!

I have yet to see a thread about this. I have on the other site but wanted to bring it back up!

I adore Lucy's make up. I'm not talking just eye brows or the use of the tape but her eye make up! One of the best parts about her beauty in my opinion. The evolution of every eye make up she had is so remarkable. I wish I had better high quality photos to show how that wonderful eye make up was achieved! I must say recently I've been doing the light blue shadow on the lid with a light brown above with the little "cat eye" eye liner with the inner bottom water line with a white eyeliner to make those eyes pop like Lucy use to have! I actually enjoy the way it looks!

By the way... what other site????? There is ANOTHER Lucy site??

I do too... I can look at her no matter what season of what show or movie and really love the way she is made up.. I really like the look in her movies "The Facts of Life" and "Critic's Choice" both with Bob Hope..She looks soooooooo damn pretty in color though.. look at her in her TECHNICOLOR MGM movies.. she is fantastic looking... those eyebrows and those eye lashes and the bow tie lips.. ahhhh LUCY!

She looks amazing in The Facts of Life. I love the make up! And that hair style when it is up looks so glamorous! She looks fantastic!

I wasn't aware that Lucy ever wore make up, really? :lucyhorror::lucythrill::peachonthebeach::lucydesi::lucy2::hlLOL:

Gary surprised her one day and her eyebrows just...stayed there.

But she lost those when she had to shave them so he cut up one of his many toupees and made two miniature eyebrows from that for her, gave them to her for their anniversary which i thought was very nice of him, he only billed her a thousand dollars for them. :gary:

But she lost those when she had to shave them so he cut up one of his many toupees and made two miniature eyebrows from that for her, gave them to her for their anniversary which i thought was very nice of him, he only billed her a thousand dollars for them. :gary:

Had to shave her eyebrows? Please explain!

Had to shave her eyebrows? Please explain!

In real life, in the thirties, they shaved off her eyebrows at the studio and although she had been told and expected they would grow back, they never did, which is why she painted them on for the rest of her life except for Stone Pillow where she had fake ones put on.

In real life, in the thirties, they shaved off her eyebrows at the studio and although she had been told and expected they would grow back, they never did, which is why she painted them on for the rest of her life except for Stone Pillow where she had fake ones put on.

True statement. Lucy said it herself! Haha.

But I do believe they did grow back. In some photos it looks like there is some hairs, mostly in the 50s photos. Unless those are false ones also. Hmm..

BITE YOUR TONGUE :lucydisgust:

Exhibit A:

Here's one photo where it does look in fact like real eyebrows with pencil over it.

http://thechicagolibrary.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/lucille_ball_mid-50s.jpg

If it's smaller click on it to make it look bigger!

Ok, i see what you mean. BUT, how about your bottom color much later picture, did they really GROW way up there instead of where they normally would be? LOL!

Hal King started with her at RKO when she was a contract player right? And did he do her make up at MGM? or was that the MGM people?? I know he did it from ILL till MAME but what about before ILL? Anyone know? It would be great to know the answer to that one.

No one in particular - the credits used to just say "Miss Ball's Makeup By Max Factor - so it would have just been the makeup artist on set at the time during the movies.

Ok, i see what you mean. BUT, how about your bottom color much later picture, did they really GROW way up there instead of where they normally would be? LOL!

She probably started shaving them on a daily basis or waxing them off completely in the late 50s and on when she was transitioning into a new brow look. Then maybe they started to not grow back.

Archived