Miss Ball's Make up

Annaleigh

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I remember correctly, Lucy had to be convinced to use the "Gene Hibbs' method," and when she came out after having it applied, she asked someone, "does my mouth look like an asshole to you?" That quote was in the Desilu book!

Incidentally, Gene Hibbs worked with many veteran actresses, and he was someone who pioneered using different colored foundations on their faces and necks to achieve a youthful glow. Watch Ann Sothern in the later Lucy episodes--underneath her chin and down her neck are much darker than her actual face. Hibbs also used this method on Bette Davis in "Dead Ringer." It's especially evident on Bette when she's in outside shots, and I assume--in real life--she must've been quite a sight. Almost like she was wearing a kabuki mask!

Watch Gypsy with Natalie Wood and Roz Russell... Roz looks great thanks to Gene Hibbs

I have a paperback copy of Tannen's book and it is NOT in there...

Ok, sorry, i thought it was, i just checked my HARD cover copy and it is NOT. So sue me! LOL! What WAS in his book was the complete story as to how it all went down. I guess after reading the book, i just went to the web and found a copy of the picture.

I know you were.

I'm just curious if there is any natural ones out there. I feel as if I do have some. I need to go search.

Too many NATURAL pics of her in the Brochu book, scary stuff. Although i think Lee tannen said something to the effect that her skin was all peaches and cream which must have been messy for her clothes. :peachonthebeach:

I have a couple of friends that have those views whether gay or straight. I even believe in that and I love me some men. But if a woman blew me away with her personality and all that jazz I would be so willing. People are people could careless about the sex of the person.

Thats a breath of fresh air for so many men, like me. People attach sexuality, and preference to so much of a persons character or personality now days. Thats one of so many parts that makes me who I am, not just my experiences of love between whomever no matter race, or sex etc.

Hiding Wrinkles 101

on topic now? lol

Claude, what did you feel about that ultra blue eye shadow during the 60s? I think that was a part of her make up that just made her POP

Exactly, but remember that we kept seeing her in black and white and then when we finally saw her in color, red hair, red bow lips and those BLUE eyes with that blue eye shadow up the wazoo, she was just the most beautiful person in show business. But as the tv was smaller, it wasn't the Lucy show that got me, i think it was seeing her in Yours mine and ours on that BIG screen, in that red dress, and those big beautiful peepers just hit me like a ton of bricks! But i have to tell ya two thins . . . YOUR pic you posted of her with that mesh wig and her up close and seeing her touching it up, that was the very first time that i ever noticed that mesh and her pushing it down, it was quite a shock, never noticed that since i started watching her decades ago. The other thing is you are quite a looker yourself, i saw you post a pic of yourself, i forget where and i thought, geez, hubba hubba! I had no idea! :lucysmirk::lucycoy::lucyshy: I'm sure you'll have no problem finding somebody soon! I mean if an old drek like me can do it, you're a shoe in!

Thats a breath of fresh air for so many men, like me. People attach sexuality, and preference to so much of a persons character or personality now days. Thats one of so many parts that makes me who I am, not just my experiences of love between whomever no matter race, or sex etc.

Yep. I'm a personality person. If a person comes along with all those amazing qualities of just being a great person and we end up attracted to each other I could careless the sex. If I'm attracted to that person for who they are why wouldn't I wanna be intimate/sexual with them? As much as I adore men, love is love no matter the circumstances.

And I agree, people have a list of what they would like in person like physical from eyes to hair, to sex, race, and the worst the exact personality they want them to have. All I say is I want an accepting and loving person to share my life with. Not everything from sarcasm to liking a football team. That shouldn't be what makes you wanna be with someone.

I'm not very popular in the dating area but that's what I believe and hope to find one day in a HUMAN BEING.

Exactly, but remember that we kept seeing her in black and white and then when we finally saw her in color, red hair, red bow lips and those BLUE eyes with that blue eye shadow up the wazoo, she was just the most beautiful person in show business. But as the tv was smaller, it wasn't the Lucy show that got me, i think it was seeing her in Yours mine and ours on that BIG screen, in that red dress, and those big beautiful peepers just hit me like a ton of bricks! But i have to tell ya two thins . . . YOUR pic you posted of her with that mesh wig and her up close and seeing her touching it up, that was the very first time that i ever noticed that mesh and her pushing it down, it was quite a shock, never noticed that since i started watching her decades ago. The other thing is you are quite a looker yourself, i saw you post a pic of yourself, i forget where and i thought, geez, hubba hubba! I had no idea! :lucysmirk::lucycoy::lucyshy: I'm sure you'll have no problem finding somebody soon! I mean if an old drek like me can do it, you're a shoe in!

OMG YES. I adore her 60s make up. The best of all eras Lucy! Not many can pull off that many blue eye shadows. She looked remarkable.

OMG YES. I adore her 60s make up. The best of all eras Lucy! Not many can pull off that many blue eye shadows. She looked remarkable.

That's why my favorite year for her is 1967, Queen of Comedy, First Lady of Television, multiple Emmy winner, biggest box office movie hit of her career with Yours mine and ours, guesting on everybody's shows, specials, hit series always in the top ten, beloved icon even back then, known the world over as just L U C Y , first woman to run her own studio, happily married, mother of two, everything about her life was perfect, even her beautiful LOOKS.

He went back to men the minute she passed away also. He was definitely G A Y but made one exception and i've been there, done that got the T shirt and get it completely. A woman who actually turns on a gay guy has to have something really special.

I wonder just how thrilled Dodds was when Viv decided to end her west coast commute and stay home permanently.

Archived