DECEMBER 18: Here's Lucy Season Six (DVD) -- Cover Art!

Robert13

Yes, they were... All on May 18, 1972.

By the way, there's one of these in color somewhere -- can someone remind me what it's been used on? I was looking for it last night and could not find it...

Thx

Thanks! There's a color shot of Lucy alone from the photo session used in the Lucille Ball trading card collection that came out in the mid-90s. I believe it comes right before the card depicting you and Lucy in the set. :lol:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, I swear it said that was on the cover of the March 1974 TV guide. The picture was taken in spring of 69, yes.

This was the March 1973 TV Guide that featured Lucy on the cover. This was the magazine's 20th anniversary issue.

egisdgsijtknigdk.jpg

This is the March 1969 with Lucy:

$T2eC16JHJHYE9nzpcwhTBP-,Cr06Jg~~60_35.JPG

I think you might be mixing the two up.

Thanks! There's a color shot of Lucy alone from the photo session used in the Lucille Ball trading card collection that came out in the mid-90s. I believe it comes right before the card depicting you and Lucy in the set. :lol:

Yep, that's it! I could not figure out where I'd seen it... Many thanks!

Hmmm, I don't know where I got the idea that the cover was from 1974. Maybe because on the "E! True Hollywood Story" covering Lucille Ball, they showed it when they talked about Here's Lucy ending and when she retired from television. All I remember about that was when Gregg Oppenheimer (I think) talked about Vivian and Bill, and after Bill overheard Viv talking about him, "he wanted NOTHING to do with her after that."

Hmmm, I don't know where I got the idea that the cover was from 1974. Maybe because on the "E! True Hollywood Story" covering Lucille Ball, they showed it when they talked about Here's Lucy ending and when she retired from television. All I remember about that was when Gregg Oppenheimer (I think) talked about Vivian and Bill, and after Bill overheard Viv talking about him, "he wanted NOTHING to do with her after that."

Why would a cover from '74 have all three on the cover when Desi jr had left the show three years earlier?

• 5 weeks later...

The Here's Lucy Facebook page has a list of extras on the upcoming DVD:

• New Video Episode Introductions by Lucie Arnaz & Others

• Featurette: Here’s Lucy Spotlight: Lucie Arnaz

• Let’s Talk To Lucy - Lost Interviews with Andy Griffith

• Lucy on The Tennessee Ernie Ford Special

• Lucy & Vivian Vance on Dinah!

• Special Here’s Lucy U.S. Savings Bond Episode & Public Service Film

• Treasures From Lucy’s Vault

• Slide Show

• Series Production Files

• Syndication Promos

:HALKING: :HALKING: :HALKING:

• Slide Show

• Syndication Promos

Can't wait to see that Dinah! episode. :lucyhaha:

Tennessee Ernie Ford special?

The only one I remember also starred Andy Griffith.

He and Lucy did a sketch about a couple who lived in a small trailer and how they managed a morning.

Another segment had Ernie trying to sing a chorus of 16 Tons but Lucy and Andy kept interrupting him talking about different episodes of their TV series. I think Lucy described she and Viv in the shower.

The TV Guide close up listed a sketch with Lucy as a Carrie Nation character singing "Stay Off the Whiskey". Unless I missed it,this sketch was cut prior to the airing.

I don't remember Lucy doing anything else on the special but there had to have been something.

Not one of Lucy's more memorable guest shots but it's nice to see anything.

Looking forward to Dinah.

Speaking of HL's 6th season, I ran across a TV Guide from June 1974 and the rerun that night was "Lucy meets Lucille Ball" only 3 months after its original airing, probably to boost Mame ticket sales. As I recall, all 24 of the HLs that season were rerun some time in the summer before the time slot was taken over by "Maude". The last three seasons of HL were the only summers a Lucy series was rerun in full.

• Slide Show

• Syndication Promos

Hooray! Thanks for the update. I have been waiting to post something on my website about this release until MPI confirmed all the details... I posted the notice today, along with a couple of other photos...

Here's one I saved especially for Brock:

post-517-008926800 1352766350_thumb.jpg

• Slide Show

• Syndication Promos

Dinah. Dinah! DINAHHHHH! :HALKING: :HALKING:

Hooray! Thanks for the update. I have been waiting to post something on my website about this release until MPI confirmed all the details... I posted the notice today, along with a couple of other photos...

Here's one I saved especially for Brock:

HAHAHA! And it's certainly appreciated. Thanks, Tom! I've never seen that particular shot from the photoshoot before.

I believe so -- rumors that the Lucy-Desi Center Facebook page awhile back said were true. :lucydisgust:

Duhrrrrr.... :lucydaze:

Yes. I saw the entire Dinah episode last year at the Paley Center for Lucy’s 100th Birthday celebration. It was a great show, so glad its coming to DVD, although I don’t think it will be the whole episode – maybe just the segment with Lucy & Viv.

Yes. I saw the entire Dinah episode last year at the Paley Center for Lucy’s 100th Birthday celebration. It was a great show, so glad its coming to DVD, although I don’t think it will be the whole episode – maybe just the segment with Lucy & Viv.

Obviously. Sorta like when we tape things of Lucy's, i have some tapes with just HER part of the Kennedy Center Honors, HER part of the TV Hall of Fame etc . . .LOL! :lucythrill:

Archived