The "Bored" And Talented Webmaster... (Pt. 4)

Brock

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love how you're finally coming to OUR side about the colorizing of the I Love Lucy eps, those bottom avatars of yours are gonna sell the head honchos on the whole idea.

Hardly. Don't get the wrong idea: finding assorted stills on the net -- "real" color and fake too -- for use in my signatures for fun does not mean I've changed my mind on colorizing ILL or any other classic film or TV show!! In fact it's probably reinforced the fact that no how matter "good" a job they do, it isn't quite good enough. A still picture is one thin, moving pictures is something else. IMHO. :lucycoy:

Hardly. Don't get the wrong idea: finding assorted stills on the net -- "real" color and fake too -- for use in my signatures for fun does not mean I've changed my mind on colorizing ILL or any other classic film or TV show!! In fact it's probably reinforced the fact that no how matter "good" a job they do, it isn't quite good enough. A still picture is one thin, moving pictures is something else. IMHO. :lucycoy:

Dun't gimme that bulldropping, I know this is YOUR way of selling them on the idea that colorizing the show with the NEW procedures they have these days will just sell the show to a new group of people, people who refuse to watch anything old in black and white. Although you may be right about one THIN though, I recall potato sacks being beige/brown, not blueish gray, LOL! Maybe you should just swish your campaign to getting the show on Blu Ray for now, LOL!

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing as it's little Lucie's boitday today, GREG in HOLLYWOOD is paying tribute with three clips of the lady, one singing her mom's Broadway HIT, Hey Look me Over, the second is her playing Password with mom, stepdad and bro. The final one is her paying tribute to her mom's legacy on the occasion of Lucy's 100th birthday.

There was a tribute concert for Cy Coleman back in the mid 2000's and Lucie and Kate did Hey Look Me Over. I had seen photos from it on the bway sites but was super lucky to see a video of the performance in Jamestown in 05'. Amazing, amazing to see that. It was a great performance.

There was a tribute concert for Cy Coleman back in the mid 2000's and Lucie and Kate did Hey Look Me Over. I had seen photos from it on the bway sites but was super lucky to see a video of the performance in Jamestown in 05'. Amazing, amazing to see that. It was a great performance.

Well, this one stinks, or at least the beginning of it, she does the intro, which we're not used to hearing, nothing wrong with that, then she does it in this weird set up, not upbeat at all, till the end. I prefer the ORIGINAL version. I have this latest Susan Boyle cd where she does Over The Rainbow and it's so bad, hearing it done as if by Tony Bennett, who's famous for doing the songs HIS way instead of the way they were written, anyhoo, I skip over that one song and listen to the rest of her cd which is terrific, nothing but great standards and Broadway tunes done the way they were intended.

The Lucie/Kate version was done in the original arrangement or at least speed. Wonderful to see and nice to see 3rd generation talent, Kate really held her own

Yeah, saw there was also another one with Lucie and Michelle Lee doing a number together, gotta watch that later.

The Lucie/Kate version was done in the original arrangement or at least speed. Wonderful to see and nice to see 3rd generation talent, Kate really held her own

TONS of TALENT, all the way around in all Lucie Arnaz surroundings of family; inherited, and otherwise.

• 2 weeks later...

Dun't get upset at my remark Brockie, it was only said in jest, BUT, was thinking, as much as I prefer color to black and white usually, and as much as you are always PERFECT with any logo here, wouldn't that picture have been better with the OTHER shot of the same picture, I dunno if she was doing an advert for something, it was face front in b&w and I think it was exact same period or photo session, wish I remembered where I saw it though. Anyway, this one looks incredible also.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived