Lucy and Desi photo thread :)

Annaleigh

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:angry:

I will N E V E R get over that, with tears in her eyes, I NEVER SAW YOUR MOTHER PLAYING WITH YOU KIDS, then wiping away tears playing into Lucie's hands in that otherwise great documentary. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

You will never get over saying what she saw? So what, the woman never saw Lucy playing with the kids. It's her recollection... atrgnd.jpg

Yup, she was with them 24 hours a day for their entire childhood so she couldn't have missed anything. :lucydisgust:

That's the entire point -- what she said was related to the limited opportunities she would have had to see Lucy play with the kids.

She didn't say "I never saw her play with you...and Willie Mae, Hazel, Wanda, and Frank said the same thing."

That's the entire point -- what she said was related to the limited opportunities she would have had to see Lucy play with the kids.

She didn't say "I never saw her play with you...and Willie Mae, Hazel, Wanda, and Frank said the same thing."

Why did she get so emotional about it though? Was it the way the whole was edited or what, because it seemed like Carole was saying Lucy hated spending time with her kids and would rather be working. That's the way I took it. I like Lucie and everything, but that documentary really shed Lucy in a bad light as a mother and really made it sound as if the sun shone out Desi Sr.'s bum. I think Lucie had some chips on her shoulder back then. She's better now though.

Why did she get so emotional about it though? Was it the way the whole was edited or what, because it seemed like Carole was saying Lucy hated spending time with her kids and would rather be working. That's the way I took it. I like Lucie and everything, but that documentary really shed Lucy in a bad light as a mother and really made it sound as if the sun shone out Desi Sr.'s bum. I think Lucie had some chips on her shoulder back then. She's better now though.

I'm sure it WAS an emotional experience for Carole to talk about Lucy, especially since she felt Gary pushed Lucy's friends from the "Desi Days" away from her. I'm sure she greatly missed her friend and it was probably bittersweet for her to reminisce about Lucy.

I'm sure it WAS an emotional experience for Carole to talk about Lucy, especially since she felt Gary pushed Lucy's friends from the "Desi Days" away from her. I'm sure she greatly missed her friend and it was probably bittersweet for her to reminisce about Lucy.

Yeah, I know, but I'm talking specifically about the part where she's crying about Lucy "not playing" with her kids. I just thought the emotion was misplaced, if that makes sense. It's like she thought Lucy was not a great mother or severely lacking in that department just because she never saw Lucy "playing" with them.

I WAS TALKING ABOUT HER PLAYING INTO THE HANDS OF LUCIE ARNAZ AND HER CONSTANT WHINING THAT MOMMY WORKED TOO HARD AND WAS OBSESSED WITH HER CAREER AND DIDN'T SPEND ENOUGH TIME WITH ME AS A CHILD, it was manipulative and Carole saying what Lucie wanted to hear and in tears yet was just a backstab to me by the woman whose career was started by Lucy. Now please do no reply to this post as it gets me angrier every single time you do. You will not change my mind about this and it all started when i made a good joke about a picture of Lucy cavorting with the little spoiled brat.

EXACTLY, Lucie wa ALWAYS daddy's little girl and even though mommy was there to further her Hollywood dreams her whole life, and she and Desi made these terrific Home Movies and then Lucie wins an Emmy for putting them out and then editing them to her advantage, whining about her upbringing once again. AND Carole allowing herself to be used like that to be included is just another example of people connected to Lucy seeking fame with negative stories about her.

TRUE and well said, it could not have been easy to get pushed out like that and that bastard did it to everybody around her who was there from Desi's day.

Yeah, I know, but I'm talking specifically about the part where she's crying about Lucy "not playing" with her kids. I just thought the emotion was misplaced, if that makes sense. It's like she thought Lucy was not a great mother or severely lacking in that department just because she never saw Lucy "playing" with them.

Lucy and Fred never played with their mom either and they didn't use that in twenty or thirty years of therapy to get sympathy. I agree with you that it had a Mommie Dearest feel to it.

I meant as a parent compared to Lucy.

Like Lucy always said, he had them for summer vacation, she had them for the school year, with him it was fun and games and for most of that time he was retired from the business and had all the time in the world to be with them. I absolutely loved your SUN SHINING FROM HIS BUM quote though, LOL!

I agree actually. I hated the part where they just skimmed through her final years and made out as though The Lucy Show and Here's Lucy were not worthy of anything. You got the impression that once I Love Lucy finished Lucy and Desi were nobodies and hated being around people.

I agree actually. I hated the part where they just skimmed through her final years and made out as though The Lucy Show and Here's Lucy were not worthy of anything. You got the impression that once I Love Lucy finished Lucy and Desi were nobodies and hated being around people.

Well, there's a reason for that, Lucie was working with the footage her parents filmed when they were younger, the stuff Lucy filmed later on was of no use to her for this documentary, thank God we get to see SOME of it in the new releases, stuff at the house, films with gary, wish we could see more of the really older material like Lucy and Desi in the pool with their first (?) grandchild.

Archived