Lucy and Desi photo thread :)

Annaleigh

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DO YOU MEAN TO SAY WE FINALLY KNOW WHO THAT BLONDE WAS?????  I thought she was Desi's date for later that night, so happy to hear she was a legitimate guest and possible friend.

She was also the Playboy Playmate of the Month for August 1957.  There are some fairly revealing photos of her (for the '50s) if you Google her name.  One of her screen credits is a 1961 Italian film called Nude Odyssey.  She's apparently still around and just turned 87 last week.

She was also the Playboy Playmate of the Month for August 1957.  There are some fairly revealing photos of her (for the '50s) if you Google her name.  One of her screen credits is a 1961 Italian film called Nude Odyssey.  She's apparently still around and just turned 87 last week.

Well, good for her, she was very cute.

I had always thought these shots were from Nov 29th, but they are actually taken about 2 weeks earlier around Thanksgiving of that year.  Lucy was in NYC to see Desi and then left to go do the Milwaukee press tour arriving back in NYC in the middle of the night on the 29th.  I could never figure out if Lucy said she chartered a plane in the middle of the night why she was arriving in broad daylight.

arrive2.jpg

arrive.jpg

I had always thought these shots were from Nov 29th, but they are actually taken about 2 weeks earlier around Thanksgiving of that year.  Lucy was in NYC to see Desi and then left to go do the Milwaukee press tour arriving back in NYC in the middle of the night on the 29th.  I could never figure out if Lucy said she chartered a plane in the middle of the night why she was arriving in broad daylight.

arrive2.jpg

arrive.jpg

Flights were longer in those days, she left in the middle of the night but only got there the next morning.  Have no idea how long it takes to go from Milwaukee to NYC in a small plane back then but, could be.  And open toed shoes with a big fur coat???  At that time of the year???

Flights were longer in those days, she left in the middle of the night but only got there the next morning. Have no idea how long it takes to go from Milwaukee to NYC in a small plane back then but, could be. And open toed shoes with a big fur coat??? At that time of the year???

It takes 18 hours by car! :D

Archived