Oh, Those Traveling Props!

Since the Lounge Archives are working at the moment, here's an import from good ole' HC:

There's a statue of what appears to be a cat with a long neck that appears in several Here's Lucy episodes. The two that immediately come to mind for me are "Lucy and Flip Go Legit" (it's in Flip's office) and "The Carters Meet Frankie Avalon" (it's in Frankie's dressing room.) Tonight was was watching the movie version of Sweet Charity and saw the same cat in Charity's apartment! The movie was a Universal Picture, so I assume it was filmed at Universal Studios like Here's Lucy and it's the same exact cat.

Here's the cat in both Here's Lucy and Sweet Charity:

377444491.jpg

And one from me:

How about this! I just finished the second disk of The Mothers-In-Law set and I couldn't help but wondering if Lucy and Jerry used the same kangaroo costume. If you look at Jerry's legs, it's clear the costume has been significantly (and not too subtly!) let out :

mil-kanga.jpg

In related observations, did the Desilu prop department buy these hideous ceramic cat statues in BULK?!

mil-cat.jpg

And the same bathrobe as worn by Gale in "Lucy & The Bank Scandal" and by Richard Deacon in "The Carol Channing Show":

mil-robe.jpg

And then Joey chimed in....

Oh, let's go really nuts: Aren't those blue kitchen canisters familiar (behind Deacon, picture on the right), perhaps from Lucy Ricardo's own kitchen counter?? Just a hunch, but they sure look familiar!

And then OhButYes replied...

That's also Lucy's refrigerator from TLS Season 4-6 in the background... and of course in MIL the kid's garage apt has a few suspect items, like the royal blue couch, and a certain familiar looking coffee table... painted white.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I watched the Pickle episode on Here's Lucy today & I think the sport coat Gale :gale1: wears may be the same one Fred Mertz :bill1: wore in the Don Juan is Shelved episode of I Love Lucy.

Hard to tell when one is in black & white and one is in color, but the check pattern is just as large on both. :lucythrill:

Good spotting, but unfortunately...not quite. Still the same idea all those years later, though.

ProducerJackets.jpg