Oh, Those Traveling Props!

WOW!!!!! What a find! I envy whoever gets ahold of this.

I'm amazed at the attention to detail; that Lucy actually wrote a note to the character. I'm wondering if Lillian came about because she misremembered the name and it's simply what she wrote down. Also, how neat to finally know the character's address after all these years.

Definitely an amazing find.  (Bravo, Jimmy!))  But do we really know Lillian's address?  It's clear that she lives on E. 67th St., but what is that street number to the left of the "E"?  Is that 1413?  If so, that would put her way over on the other side of the East River, (outside of Manhattan), somewhere in Queens on a street that isn't even called 67th St.

Definitely an amazing find. (Bravo, Jimmy!)) But do we really know Lillian's address? It's clear that she lives on E. 67th St., but what is that street number to the left of the "E"? Is that 1413? If so, that would put her way over on the other side of the East River, (outside of Manhattan), somewhere in Queens on a street that isn't even called 67th St.

It's either 1413 or 1423. The eBay listing put it as 1423.

Well as the addresses in that part of Manhattan only go up to about the 400 block, a 1423 address is pretty incredible.  I think this postcard ultimately got stamped "return to sender, address unknown."

Well, fictional addresses were hardly revolutionary on that show, if Fred and Ethel owning a building in the middle of the East River was any indication :)

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We’ve been briskly pushing our way through Roseanne in preparation for the revival, and I’ve noticed that a lot of food items seem to belong to the same “brand” of potato chip that Curtis so enjoyed (and Lucy destroyed!) The packaging always has basic white lettering and a black background- I most recently saw an orange juice carton with the label. Was this a legitimate brand in the mid-late 80s or just communal, royalty-free packaging for sitcoms?

• 1 month later...
On 3/20/2018 at 4:08 PM, Freddie2 said:

We’ve been briskly pushing our way through Roseanne in preparation for the revival, and I’ve noticed that a lot of food items seem to belong to the same “brand” of potato chip that Curtis so enjoyed (and Lucy destroyed!) The packaging always has basic white lettering and a black background- I most recently saw an orange juice carton with the label. Was this a legitimate brand in the mid-late 80s or just communal, royalty-free packaging for sitcoms?

I'm thinking they used the same prop house. :peachonthebeach:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/29/2018 at 4:40 PM, HarryCarter said:

The book Lucy Carter's hospital roommate is reading was authored by Henry Fonda's character from the 1964 film The Best Man.

tumblr_inline_p13vc4HwZZ1rvl0vd_1280.jpg

413871557.jpg

I guess it wasn't exactly a conversation starter in the hospital.

• 4 weeks later...

From a 1952 episode of The Red Skelton Show:

5b29e0b71b4ed_ScreenShot2018-06-20at1_02_45AM.png.1e7aa169464224f82e9952fe7fcf6c23.png

Was this a common doorframe back in the day? I have no idea how it could end up on the Skelton show, which was on NBC at the time. Most of the show was filmed at CBS Television City, but I don't know for sure where its first two seasons were shot. The door is unequivocally the same as the Ricardo's, with similar "shades", and it's even placed at a similar angle on the set. Does anybody have any idea what the heck could be going on here?

• 2 months later...
On 2015-11-23 at 2:08 PM, Brock said:

I have a feeling the round shelf behind Eve appeared on an ILL episode, but can't place it. Any thought?

s-l1600.jpg

The picture might have disappeared at the whim of TinyPic, but the shelf in question is just inside the salon door on the right side in The Black Wig.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm sure someone already mentioned this, but I was watching an episode of Star Trek from season 1 and they had a large rack of test tubes and beakers and whatnot. I feel like I saw the exact same prop on Lucy and Viv take up Chemistry. Which would not surprise me because Star Trek was a Desilu production. 

I'm curious, does anyone know if they actually consulted a chemistry expert and put real types of acids and liquids in the beakers? How the hell would the prop department make "fake" stuff? I also am astonished at how fast they were able to make it look like the Professor (Lou Krugman) was in a real lab explosion. And how Viv was able to put that wig and fake nose on Lucy without waking her up. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...