Oh, Those Traveling Props!

This isn't a match as-is since the feather things are going in opposite directions, but I never before noticed the similarity between these two hats. I wonder if the costumers fashioned Reta's version on HL out of Lucy's version on ILL:

reta-hat.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This isn't a match as-is since the feather things are going in opposite directions, but I never before noticed the similarity between these two hats. I wonder if the costumers fashioned Reta's version on HL out of Lucy's version on ILL:

reta-hat.jpg

Maybe they just turned it inside out for Miss Shaw?? ;)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Watched yours mine and ours. Found some clothes in the movie that made it on to TLS. As Claude noted the blue wedding dress is wore in the Paul Winchell episode.

In the bocche scene the brown suit was worn many times, often with a broch.

The red date dress was in the Choir Master episode.

Lucy had this very loud pink printed pants suit she wore when at home in her apt. In YM and O this was worn when she was opening the letter from Frank.

During the dinner and dish washing scene in YM and O. Lucy wears this checked dress, although she has an apron over it. It took me a while to solve this but in part 1 of Lucy and Carol as flight attendants Lucy is hanging up clothes as she unpacks. This checked dress is one.

• 4 weeks later...

Not really a travelling prop, but I have seen this photo of Lucy and Desi seemingly hundreds of times and it only NOW just dawned on me Desi is holding a sculpture of Lucy doing her "Professor" routine. :marionstrong: Wonder who made it and where it has ended up!

LB_DA_ChatsSculpture.jpg

Well...here she be! This personal sculpture was on display for years in the Universal Hollywood Lucy Tribute. When it closed down in 2008(!) I suspect it either went to Universal Florida or back to the family.

Pretty hep/odd for it's day. It even had piano wires for the strings. Look carefully and you will see her left shoe was broken off but still there and displayed.

LB_Sculpture.jpg

Watched yours mine and ours. Found some clothes in the movie that made it on to TLS. As Claude noted the blue wedding dress is wore in the Paul Winchell episode.

In the bocche scene the brown suit was worn many times, often with a broch.

The red date dress was in the Choir Master episode.

Lucy had this very loud pink printed pants suit she wore when at home in her apt. In YM and O this was worn when she was opening the letter from Frank.

During the dinner and dish washing scene in YM and O. Lucy wears this checked dress, although she has an apron over it. It took me a while to solve this but in part 1 of Lucy and Carol as flight attendants Lucy is hanging up clothes as she unpacks. This checked dress is one.

OMG, that`s some pretty good spotting there kiddo!

PLEASE....who could miss 'bright' YELLOW, out-of-place, on such an elegant set???

I know, that SET was so different from anything else usually used on her shows, look at that beautiful floor, brick wall, the furniture, walls and doors, all perfect and tasteful. Even the painting and the hutch in that hallway.

I know, that SET was so different from anything else usually used on her shows, look at that beautiful floor, brick wall, the furniture, walls and doors, all perfect and tasteful. Even the painting and the hutch in that hallway.

That was one of my fave entrances of hers of all time and boy, did she look gorgamus in that "frock"! :) And of course, the ep evolved with one of my fave "drunk" scenes of her respective series as well....no one could play 'em like she did. peachonthebeach.JPG

"I'm a very competary secretant", indeed! lucythrill.JPG

That was one of my fave entrances of hers of all time and boy, did she look gorgamus in that "frock"! :) And of course, the ep evolved with one of my fave "drunk" scenes of her respective series as well....no one could play 'em like she did. peachonthebeach.JPG

"I'm a very competary secretant", indeed! lucythrill.JPG

LOL! Although i too loved that dress on her, maybe with blue shoes though, is it me or does it look a mite BIG on her?

Here's a prop that's seen in more shows than even the Korny Krinkles boxes! I've spotted this blue magazine cover in tons of 1960s and '70s TV series. It is frequently seen on The Lucy Show and Here's Lucy. The title on the cover usually says "Elite Magazine," but that is sometimes changed for plot purposes. It's obvious that these generic covers were put on actual magazines. Here are some examples:

404759895.jpg

Lucy Is a Soda Jerk

404759894.jpg

Lucy and Joan

404759889.jpg

Lucy and Art Linkletter. Lucy accidentally tears the cover loose.

404759890.jpg

Lucy's Big Break

404759892.jpg

The Dick Van Dyke Show

404759896.jpg

That Girl. The cover says "Glamour Girl Magazine" for this appearance.

404759891.jpg

Bewitched

The Lucy Show, The Dick Van Dyke Show, and That Girl were all filmed at Desilu/Paramount, although not all on the same lot. It was seen during the Universal years of Here's Lucy. Bewitched was filmed at Columbia. I wonder how many of these prop magazines existed, where they originated, and what other shows they appeared on. I've definitely also seen it on The Brady Bunch.

There is also a pink variation that usually says "Variety" on the cover.

404759893.jpg

Lucy and Eva Gabor are Hospital Roomies

404759925.jpg

Mary Jane's Boyfriend

Here's a prop that's seen in more shows than even the Korny Krinkles boxes! I've spotted this blue magazine cover in tons of 1960s and '70s TV series. It is frequently seen on The Lucy Show and Here's Lucy. The title on the cover usually says "Elite Magazine," but that is sometimes changed for plot purposes. It's obvious that these generic covers were put on actual magazines. Here are some examples:

404759895.jpg

Lucy Is a Soda Jerk

404759894.jpg

Lucy and Joan

404759889.jpg

Lucy and Art Linkletter. Lucy accidentally tears the cover loose.

404759890.jpg

Lucy's Big Break

404759892.jpg

The Dick Van Dyke Show

404759896.jpg

That Girl. The cover says "Glamour Girl Magazine" for this appearance.

404759891.jpg

Bewitched

The Lucy Show, The Dick Van Dyke Show, and That Girl were all filmed at Desilu/Paramount, although not all on the same lot. It was seen during the Universal years of Here's Lucy. Bewitched was filmed at Columbia. I wonder how many of these prop magazines existed, where they originated, and what other shows they appeared on. I've definitely also seen it on The Brady Bunch.

There is also a pink variation that usually says "Variety" on the cover.

404759893.jpg

Lucy and Eva Gabor are Hospital Roomies

404759925.jpg

Mary Jane's Boyfriend

My God, never noticed that, E V E R ! GREAT find indeed!

I watched the Mertz & Kurtz episode yesterday & when Ethel was all dressed up in the dinner scene, I thought her dress looked familiar.

Here is a link to a pic of the dress in that episode:

http://www.google.co...Q9QEwAg&dur=348

And here is a link to a pic of Viv & Desi, at probably some type of awards dinner:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item19b86205de

Aha! Same dress :) .

I watched the Mertz & Kurtz episode yesterday & when Ethel was all dressed up in the dinner scene, I thought her dress looked familiar.

Here is a link to a pic of the dress in that episode:

http://www.google.co...Q9QEwAg&dur=348

And here is a link to a pic of Viv & Desi, at probably some type of awards dinner:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item19b86205de

Aha! Same dress :) .

GEEZ, you see the difference color can make? I never in a million years would have thought her EMMY dress was that colorful!