Oh, Those Traveling Props!

Real colour, yes. :lucyhmm:

I thought it was especially funny that as i watched the Charm School episode at noon, that the characters are discussing the advent of color on tv shows. One even says it might be avaiable in a year or so, cracked me up as i know the show went on another seven years without it, wait, eight if you count season one of The Lucy Show.

I thought it was especially funny that as i watched the Charm School episode at noon, that the characters are discussing the advent of color on tv shows. One even says it might be avaiable in a year or so, cracked me up as i know the show went on another seven years without it, wait, eight if you count season one of The Lucy Show.

:lucycoy: Television is just a fad like swallowing goldfish and flagpole sitting.

Claude said:

GEEZ, you see the difference color can make? I never in a million years would have thought her EMMY dress was that colorful!

Me either, Claude! I love this pink color on her :viv1: .

I'm guessing there was only one bathrobe. It was very broken in by the time Ann Margret wore it years later when Lucie & Desi Jr were teenagers!

Claude said:

Me either, Claude! I love this pink color on her :viv1: .

I'm guessing there was only one bathrobe. It was very broken in by the time Ann Margret wore it years later when Lucie & Desi Jr were teenagers!

Hollywood studios can only afford one frickin bathrobe for all those actors????? LOL! And yes, Viv looked incredible in that color, like i said on another thread, she really seemed to have great taste when it came to clothes. Of course the show restricted that taste sometimes.

GEEZ, you see the difference color can make? I never in a million years would have thought her EMMY dress was that colorful!

Colorful, yes; it's "true" color, I don't think so: color film from back then tended to fade, the colors "turning", etc. -- look how "purplish" the dress is - I doubt that's what color it really was! :D

I watched the Mertz & Kurtz episode yesterday & when Ethel was all dressed up in the dinner scene, I thought her dress looked familiar.

Here is a link to a pic of the dress in that episode:

http://www.google.co...Q9QEwAg&dur=348

And here is a link to a pic of Viv & Desi, at probably some type of awards dinner:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item19b86205de

Aha! Same dress :) .

Wow! Great find but I thought Viv hated all the clothes she wore on the show - and to then wear the same one for the Emmy?? Amazing though how much better it looks in colour.

Colorful, yes; it's "true" color, I don't think so: color film from back then tended to fade, the colors "turning", etc. -- look how "purplish" the dress is - I doubt that's what color it really was! :D

Yeah, back in the days i used to buy the rag newspapers, i would notice spreads on Hollywood actreses for certain BIG events and one mag would show a lady in green and it would be blue in another rag and yet another color in another magazine, even depending on how far away the lady was in each picture, so if it affected photos, i'm sure film was even worse to control.

This photo of Gale and Eve from Our Miss Brooks is on eBay right now, and is it just me or was Eve's outfit featured in a Lucy episode sometime? It looks very familiar, but I can't place it. On first glance, I thought the top half may have originated on Ethel in Ricky's movie officer, but that's not it. Still, it seems very familiar.

$%28KGrHqRHJEkFC%286JS39GBQy!%29gDrsQ~~60_57.JPG

This photo of Gale and Eve from Our Miss Brooks is on eBay right now, and is it just me or was Eve's outfit featured in a Lucy episode sometime? It looks very familiar, but I can't place it. On first glance, I thought the top half may have originated on Ethel in Ricky's movie officer, but that's not it. Still, it seems very familiar.

$%28KGrHqRHJEkFC%286JS39GBQy!%29gDrsQ~~60_57.JPG

Is that what Viv was wearing in that musical with Arthur Godfrey belting out her big number?

Those damned dishes on ILL, i always noticed them, they had flowers all over them, but then i saw a planter in the living room, on the fireplace and it was the same type of porcelain. Now last night, i saw a new one, on the kitchen wall, they had this new light with a shade but underneath it was this wall thing with another porcelain THING, maybe an urn of some kind, but made out of the exact same porcelain design as all those dishes, yet again.

Those damned dishes on ILL, i always noticed them, they had flowers all over them, but then i saw a planter in the living room, on the fireplace and it was the same type of porcelain. Now last night, i saw a new one, on the kitchen wall, they had this new light with a shade but underneath it was this wall thing with another porcelain THING, maybe an earn of some kind, but made out of the exact same porcelain design as all those dishes, yet again.

They had to have a few hundred sets of that kitchen ware.