Lucy Fest 2013 -- August 1 - 4

Brock

Hi Brock,

Please do go to the Festival and DO take your MasterCard and buy lots of stuff! Merchandise sales are not great right now due to our economy. And help from you would be appreciated. It was fun visiting the Forum today. Haven't been here for a few months. Fun to catch up. Hope you are well & happy. Thank you for the time & work you put in to making this Forum so nice and easy to navigate.

xoxo Amy

Missed you Amy, you are such a DOLL as Lucy would say.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did I miss the announcement of Melody Thomas Scott, or are they trying to slip her in under the radar? I just noticed her events now...and the auction has the potential to bring out unprecedented levels of weird. lol

Did I miss the announcement of Melody Thomas Scott, or are they trying to slip her in under the radar? I just noticed her events now...and the auction has the potential to bring out unprecedented levels of weird. lol

Yeah, It has been up for a month or so... I guess if we want to go to the auction we're stuck with the fashion show. Ought to be interesting.

Yeah, It has been up for a month or so... I guess if we want to go to the auction we're stuck with the fashion show. Ought to be interesting.

Interesting is a word for it. lol The people who buy 40-odd Lucy purses every year will be in their glory.

Now that I've got some free time on my hands, I'd love to visit Jamestown sometime this year. No doubt its far too late for me to get tickets for any Lucy day festivities but maybe just as a fun getaway for a few days...

Tickets are still available!

Thank you.

Incidentally, I noticed a major goof on the FAQ page of the Lucy-Desi site. It summarises Here's Lucy as beginning in 1968 (so far so good) but then says that Gale played Curtis McGibbon on it and it only ran for 8 episodes! Is there a way to report that? Probably the official site shouldn't boast an error like that :)

Thank you.

Incidentally, I noticed a major goof on the FAQ page of the Lucy-Desi site. It summarises Here's Lucy as beginning in 1968 (so far so good) but then says that Gale played Curtis McGibbon on it and it only ran for 8 episodes! Is there a way to report that? Probably the official site shouldn't boast an error like that :)

Good luck telling them. Whenever I've tried to correct them on things or mistakes (they make a lot surprisingly), they either ignore you or delete your comments. :lucydisgust:

Added to the chronology this date:

The Post Journal - Jamestown, NY: FOCUS - On Entertainment - Comedic Troupe of Troops to Invade Jamestown - by Dusten Rader - “The GIs of Comedy, a group of three veterans who also serve as stand-up comedians, will perform during the Lucille Ball Comedy Festival in August - the show, August 2, 5:30 p.m., Reg Lenna Civic Center, free for veterans as well as active-duty personnel. Patriotic surprises are in store prior to the show, as well, outside the Reg. Kathleen Madigan performance will take place at 8:00 p.m. , that evening. Of the three founding Troupe of Troops members, who formed the group, two Army, one Air Force, in 2010, two are from the Buffalo NY area (90 miles northwest of Jamestown); the third, from Cuba; formed to help bring about the therapeutic benefit of laughter,” published this date in 2013.

Thank you.

Dun't thins like that just drive you up the proverbial wall?

The Post-Journal, Jamestown, NY – Region – Comedy Fest Finalizes Lineup - “The Lucille Ball Comedy Festival has announced 16 rising comedians from across the country whose performances will be recorded for the live album 'Live From Jamestown: The Lucille Ball Comedy Festival', said album to be recorded in the Tropicana Room, during Comedy Late Night, taking place August 1-3, 10:30 p.m.; co-produced by Rooftop Comedy, only 90 seats available for each night,” published this date, 7/13, in 2013.

Added to chronology this a.m.:

The Post Journal, Jamestown NY - Region - Photo of Facade of Desilu Playhouse - Lucy-Desi Center Receives A Fresh Coat of Paint - P-J Photo by Ryan J. Atkins: “. . . a facelift in time for arrival of fans for Lucille Ball's Birthday Comedy Festival, 8/1-4,” published this date in 2013.

Archived