Lucy Fest 2013 -- August 1 - 4

Brock

Was Gypsy's episode a comment on how things have gone so far? When does this thin end anyway? Lucy's birthday is on TUESDAY!

They've gone pretty crappy for poor Journey it seems, hearing about how the auction went. Hehehehe. The festival ends today.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks so much to everyone for posting about your adventures in Jamestown B) ! The pictures & videos are an added bonus -- gives me a glimpse into the fun even though I'm not able to be there in person. :ill::lucydesi:

Surely wish you HAD been; I meet several folks from the Lounge, here, who I had NOT met in the past - GREAT!!!!

Stay well; Loving you, JK

I only attended two events; GIs of Comedy; and Greg's Radio Show; enjoyed each immensely; mostly, just walked around trying to locate old and new friends from the Lounge and/or home, here.

Really miss volunteering for the Center, which I did, in the GLORY DAYS, 2002-2007; it was hard work; but, GREAT fun!

Only live 3 miles away, max; but, rarely come to Jamestown; it is showing signs of modernization; many improved building facades; and really like the different places where Lucy-planned events are taking place; sort of all over town, instead of one or two places. As for the auction, which I missed - birthday luncheon appointment could not get out of - but, it seems the FANS HAVE SPOKEN (and quietly) about the artifacts being kept where they belong: in 'Lucille's hands', AND ON DISPLAY, at the Center.

Now, what they need to do, QUICKLY, is find the $$ to hire someone to clean up, and use items that have been in archives for YEARS and get them to the people via the Museum and Playhouse.

Yeah, no car. We just spent half the afternoon traipsing around downtown looking for McDonald's.

Lovely meeting you at the last minute; if you had told your taxi driver to get you to MickyDee's, he could have; less than 1/2 mile from Lucy Lane, and on the way to town; wish you had said something; I'd have suggested to you to ask driver to stop on the way to town. Hope you are home safely when you read this. Loving you, JK

I hope to have a lengthy recount done tomorrow, but just a few points in brief:

• I was really impressed by Bill Engvall. He was hilarious. I was not familiar with his comedy, but he was a riot and, of the comedians I saw this weekend, the only one to pay tribute to Lucy within their performance. So...that won me over right there!
  • The Lucille Ball Block Party outside the Reg Lenna every night was a great touch and a lot of fun.
  • It seemed to me like there were a lot more LUCY fans there this year than last -- particularly judging by the number of people walking around in costume, Lucy shirts, and how packed the events were
  • Even the food seemed better this year. I know it is not saying much, but A for effort. They seem to be stepping it up. Nothing looked particularly mysterious!
  • Kudos to whoever put the beautiful flower arrangement on Lucy's grave today. You could smell it all the way out to the end of the path leading to the Hunt plot
  • I'm sorry I missed the GIs of Comedy -- there seemed to be a lot of people buzzing about it on the streets this morning

Hope everyone had a safe trip home today -- and safe travels to Taylor and Gyp tomorrow!

Brock, Charlie wants to know if his buddy the mayor was at the opening this year.

Unusually, there was no opening ceremony this year. I didn't see the Mayor anywhere during the festival, although a US Congressman was hanging around some of the events.

Unusually, there was no opening ceremony this year. I didn't see the Mayor anywhere during the festival, although a US Congressman was hanging around some of the events.

Could be there was no formal opening ceremony this year, since extensive renovation is taking place on Tracy Plaza. Guess we'd have to ask Journey; who might, or might not, have an answer at the ready.... :obrien:

I DID see the Mayor, all suited up, and walking quickly the length of Third Street, mid-day, not sure which day; no one stopped him to chat, as far as I watched him.

Archived