Top TLS episodes from each season

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Fovorites by Season:

Season 1 - Lucy Visits The White House

Season 2 - Lucy Conducts The Symphony* (This is one of Lucy's greatest routines, that I think is so overlooked)

Season 3 - Lucy And The Missing Stamp

Season 4 - Lucy At Marineland (HAND'S DOWN)

Season 5 - Lucy And The Ring-a-Ding Ring

Season 6 - Lucy Gets Her Diploma

*LCTS is one of Lucille Ball's greatest and most amazing performances that rated up there with I Love Lucy's Vitameatavegiman and The Chocolate Factory. I think this is overlooked because it was on TLS and not ILL.

*Lucy Conducts the Symphony is one of Lucille Ball's greatest and most amazing performances that rated up there with I Love Lucy's Vitameatavegiman and The Chocolate Factory. I think this is overlooked because it was on TLS and not ILL.

What amazes me about that episode is that the entire last scene -- which runs something like 11 minutes -- is done entirely without dialog. It's all musical pantomime -- her faces and body language do all the "talking." Fabulous performance!

You are correct: this often gets overlooked when people think of "Lucy's finest."

Season 2 - Lucy Conducts The Symphony* (This is one of Lucy's greatest routines, that I think is so overlooked)

What amazes me about that episode is that the entire last scene -- which runs something like 11 minutes -- is done entirely without dialog. It's all musical pantomime -- her faces and body language do all the "talking." Fabulous performance!

You are correct: this often gets overlooked when people think of "Lucy's finest."

I agree with both of you. I picked that episode as my S2 favorite as well. That performance is flawless and brilliant. It's always made me think that, had she been born a little earlier, she could have made it as a silent screen comedienne as well. I've seen that episode many times and it never fails to crack me up. :)

I agree with both of you. I picked that episode as my S2 favorite as well. That performance is flawless and brilliant. It's always made me think that, had she been born a little earlier, she could have made it as a silent screen comedienne as well. I've seen that episode many times and it never fails to crack me up. :)

It's not my favourite episode per se, but it is one of her greatest bits. Terribly overlooked.

My Fovorites by Season:

Season 1 - Lucy Visits The White House

Season 3 - Lucy And The Missing Stamp

Season 4 - Lucy At Marineland (HAND'S DOWN)

Season 5 - Lucy And The Ring-a-Ding Ring

Season 6 - Lucy Gets Her Diploma

*LCTS is one of Lucille Ball's greatest and most amazing performances that rated up there with I Love Lucy's Vitameatavegiman and The Chocolate Factory. I think this is overlooked because it was on TLS and not ILL.

Wow! Well I completely disagree with 1, 4 & 6! Amazing everyone's different taste!

Some people just can't get anywhere beyond that first comedy show of hers, LOL! How about giving us the short version she did on Lucy in Nashville on any one of the upcoming Lucy dvds?

Wonder if it was submitted for an Emmy for her and who the hell could have beaten that?

Wow! Well I completely disagree with 1, 4 & 6! Amazing everyone's different taste!

Well, I chose Lucy Visits The White House, for nostalgic purposes. President Kennedy's voice; and the train conductor is played by Frank Nelson (who played the same role coming home from California on ILL).

And I love Lucy At Marineland!

Season 6, I could have chosen several others, but had to pick ONE!!

Well, I chose Lucy Visits The White House, for nostalgic purposes. President Kennedy's voice; and the train conductor is played by Frank Nelson (who played the same role coming home from California on ILL).

And I love Lucy At Marineland!

Season 6, I could have chosen several others, but had to pick ONE!!

I totally understand what you mean by nostalgic purposes - I'll be interested to see what you say about my Top favourites and least top favourite when I do them sometime today or tomorrow! Some of mine don't necessarily mean they are the funniest, but they just hit a spot that really affected me!

Friggin Emmy voters, total idiots back then and even now. How about the Dean Martin one? Do you know which two shows got her the last two Emmys? What the hell am i saying, you probably know who voted how and have the tallies too. :lucy2:

I've never been able to determine what the Emmy voting process was at this time. I don't know if they submitted particular episodes like they do now. The year of "Lucy Dates Dean Martin" Lucy lost to Mary Tyler Moore.

I've never been able to determine what the Emmy voting process was at this time. I don't know if they submitted particular episodes like they do now. The year of "Lucy Dates Dean Martin" Lucy lost to Mary Tyler Moore.

I still don't know how they do the Emmy voting process at this time let alone back then! LOL! :lucythrill:

I totally understand what you mean by nostalgic purposes - I'll be interested to see what you say about my Top favourites and least top favourite when I do them sometime today or tomorrow! Some of mine don't necessarily mean they are the funniest, but they just hit a spot that really affected me!

Just don't identify the SPOT that affects you, this is after all a family site. :lucythrill:

Diabetic beeatch from hell! Come on now guys, i'm just joking, i love that skinny marink. Well Harry, i dunno, i always heard that stars submit one episode and then a panel views all episodes and votes, now of course, that's like the Oscars, not everybody sees absolutely everything so it's not really fair. And we all know the bigger the name, especially if it's a movie star, they win. Same names over and over, a panel should choose the nominees as it always takes EMMY longer to find new deserving people that they first see win awards at the Globes or elsewhere before they wise up and nominate them.

Note: some of these choices are "subject to change", given various circumstances like time of day, length of day.... whim, mood and ...oh, yeah, being totally indecisive! ;)

Season 1: Electric Mattress

Runner Up: TV Antenna

Season 2: Loophole in the Lease

Runner Up: Goes into Politics

Season 3: Ceramic Cat

Runner Up: Goes to Vegas

Season 4: Dates Dean Martin

Runner Up: Sleeping Beauty and/or Clint Walker (tie)

Season 5: Substitute Secretary

Runner Up: Main Street USA

Season 6: Lost Star

Runner Up: Gets Mooney Fired

Archived