Top TLS episodes from each season

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very hard to narrow down picks for 1st and 2nd season. Mine also change from time to time.

1: Tie: Kangaroo for a Day, Electric Mattress

Runners up: Shower, Double Dates, Loses $2000

2: Tie: Lucy Meets Mooney parts 1 and 2 (Safe Cracker)

Runners up: Conducts a Symphony, Florence Nightengale, Serves a Summons

3: Arthur Godfrey

Runners up: Lucy and Countess, Countess's Charm School

4: Dean Martin

Runners up: Music World, Countess/Spies, Choirmaster

5: Substitute Secretary

Runners up: John Wayne, Flies to London

6: None!--

I would say Lucy and Viv Reminisce, but just for the 1st season clips so don't feel it counts

Runners up: Phil Harris (yes!), Meets the Berles

Very hard to narrow down picks for 1st and 2nd season. Mine also change from time to time.

1: Tie: Kangaroo for a Day, Electric Mattress

Runners up: Shower, Double Dates, Loses $2000

2: Tie: Lucy Meets Mooney parts 1 and 2 (Safe Cracker)

Runners up: Conducts a Symphony, Florence Nightengale, Serves a Summons

3: Arthur Godfrey

Runners up: Lucy and Countess, Countess's Charm School

4: Dean Martin

Runners up: Music World, Countess/Spies, Choirmaster

5: Substitute Secretary

Runners up: John Wayne, Flies to London

6: None!--

I would say Lucy and Viv Reminisce, but just for the 1st season clips so don't feel it counts

Runners up: Phil Harris (yes!), Meets the Berles

Interesting to see you don't have any favourites from Season 6 - In all honesty overall I was quite disappointed with Season 6 - I found what could have been great episodes turned out to be duds. It's probably the season that I've been the most disappointed in (esp considering it was an Emmy award season).

Note: some of these choices are "subject to change", given various circumstances like time of day, length of day.... whim, mood and ...oh, yeah, being totally indecisive! ;)

Season 1: Electric Mattress

Runner Up: TV Antenna

Season 2: Loophole in the Lease

Runner Up: Goes into Politics

Season 3: Ceramic Cat

Runner Up: Goes to Vegas

Season 4: Dates Dean Martin

Runner Up: Sleeping Beauty and/or Clint Walker (tie)

Season 5: Substitute Secretary

Runner Up: Main Street USA

Season 6: Lost Star

Runner Up: Gets Mooney Fired

Ok, now T H E S E i L O V E !

Note: some of these choices are "subject to change", given various circumstances like time of day, length of day.... whim, mood and ...oh, yeah, being totally indecisive! ;)

Season 1: Electric Mattress

Runner Up: TV Antenna

Season 2: Loophole in the Lease

Runner Up: Goes into Politics

Season 3: Ceramic Cat

Runner Up: Goes to Vegas

Season 4: Dates Dean Martin

Runner Up: Sleeping Beauty and/or Clint Walker (tie)

Season 5: Substitute Secretary

Runner Up: Main Street USA

Season 6: Lost Star

Runner Up: Gets Mooney Fired

The only ones I definitely disagree with are "Goes To Vegas" and "Lost Star" - they are both cringeworthy and not funny. All the other ones are worthy of mentions!

The only ones I definitely disagree with are "Goes To Vegas" and "Lost Star" - they are both cringeworthy and not funny. All the other ones are worthy of mentions!

Lucy's clothing in Goes to Vegas alone is worth a couple of laughs right there. And when i saw it in color, i chuckled some more. :lucy2::viv2: I mean, their names alone, the situation, the Vegas setting . . .

You can't be serious??! Their "fake" names alone (Pamela Poopendorf!! :marionstrong: ) get laughs! And L & V rarely (in character, anyway) looked more stunning!

Someone needs to take miki's temperature! :lucythrill:

I start watching mine tomorrow as i'm off work for two days, can't wait. I looked at the titles tonight and saw that there aren't many that weren't already in the public domain ones but i guess the picture will be clearer anyway. And the special features. LOVED that line where it said EXECUTIVE PRODUCER THOMAS J WATSON. AND he's among us here, and HE TOUCHED HER!!!!!

I start watching mine tomorrow as i'm off work for two days, can't wait. I looked at the titles tonight and saw that there aren't many that weren't already in the public domain ones but i guess the picture will be clearer anyway. And the special features. LOVED that line where it said EXECUTIVE PRODUCER THOMAS J WATSON. AND he's among us here, and HE TOUCHED HER!!!!!

You'll LOVE 'em! Just seeing them uncut and not having any MIA footage is glorious -- the ep where Doris appears in an early scene (it was supposed to be :maryjane2: but Doris subbed for her during illness) in the apartment, for example -- I don't ever remember seeing that before!

Enjoy!

You'll LOVE 'em! Just seeing them uncut and not having any MIA footage is glorious -- the ep where Doris appears in an early scene (it was supposed to be :maryjane2: but Doris subbed for her during illness) in the apartment, for example -- I don't ever remember seeing that before!

Enjoy!

Yeah, i was sorta shocked by that Doris scene also, and in Italian yet, LOL! I watched the last episode first as i loved that last show about the Boss of the year but it ended up being a showcase for Gale, she had so little to do and he had so much, but at least she had the musical number at the end and she looked so friggin sensational in that one with her Emmy dress on. Thought the special features were kinda skimpy for the last season, and the outtakes were the same ones again.

This is a question about season 2.

Have we ever determined which Lucy Show episode was scheduled the Monday after the Kennedy assassination?

All programming was pre-empted for a week.

Yep... "Loophole in the Lease" was supposed to air that Monday (November 25)...

Prior to the Assassination, "Lucy Plays Florence Nightengale" was scheduled for December 23rd. Once the November 22-25 weekend got pre-empted for the Kennedy coverage, "Loophole" was rescheduled for December 23, and "Nightengale" moved to January 6.

Awwww right already, i was just surprised to see some of the SAME ones we had seen so many times before.

YOU are right Claude.. the special features were a bit skimpy.. however, there may not be much left to give us.. HOPEFULLY, the last season of HERE'S LUCY will prove to be a huge special feature bonanza!

Archived