Lucie's Archive of American Television Interview

"Can I speak to Lucie?"

"Which one?"

:marionstrong:

I remember Lucy telling the story, Lucie got upset when being asked on the phone, little Lucy or BIG Lucy and telling the caller it should be YOUNG Lucie, so Lucy grabs the phone and says THIS IS O L D LUCY! I dun't have speakers to listen to this but am anxious to hear it soon, computer at home is on the fritz, does she mention that she had a famous mom who happened to be in show business?

Listened to all 3 hours this afternoon. Very good. Highlights: talks about things such as how she came to pick her high school, some feelings on her parent's divorce and her step parents, what it was like when each parent died.

Also a large part goes through all her tv roles, how she got them, thoughts, etc... She also talks about the home movies special and offers some nice insight on it.

This mostly dealt with her TV career and parents. She does talk about her theater career a bit, but I would love to see an in depth interview like this on her whole theatre career.

Lucie's fantastic three hour Archive of American Television interview has been posted online. Lucie goes in depth about her life and career.

Absolutely Floored, Loving the interview, with all of its insight and honesty. Its awesome to hear stories in a different way,

and really get into the TV career of Lucie.

Its funny too. Just about a week ago, I was looking at Lucie and Lucy do the Ukelele Talk number of Heres Lucy- amazing.

Lucies incredibly beautiful natural look is so magnetic I just had to do a bunch of sketches of those expressions!

23959_288294481271025_996734696_n.jpg

That was a great interview. If she is indeed sincere (and she seems to be) she's made peace with "My Mother, the Star".

I especially like that she pointed out her own 'edge' during the interview she did for her own Home Movie special. I always found her need to portray her off-screen mother as completely humor-less a bit off-putting and am glad she can see it now. (assume that's what she was referring to)

We have to cut this woman a HUGE break, because the big thing that ultimately is the focus of most interviews and the attention she gets on a grand scale is for something that not only does she have few first hand memories of, but she was NOT a part of, through no fault of hers of course ; and she is forced to talk about it as if she was.

Accomplished as she is, "IT" will always overshadow everything she does....and that can't be easy.

That was a great interview. If she is indeed sincere (and she seems to be) she's made peace with "My Mother, the Star".

I especially like that she pointed out her own 'edge' during the interview she did for her own Home Movie special. I always found her need to portray her off-screen mother as completely humor-less a bit off-putting and am glad she can see it now. (assume that's what she was referring to)

We have to cut this woman a HUGE break, because the big thing that ultimately is the focus of most interviews and the attention she gets on a grand scale is for something that not only does she have few first hand memories of, but she was NOT a part of, through no fault of hers of course ; and she is forced to talk about it as if she was.

Accomplished as she is, "IT" will always overshadow everything she does....and that can't be easy.

This is the reason why I enjoyed this so much! She really took time out to explain how the legacy has affected their lives and how it also enhanced it. However, you can easily tell,

She sought to find her own identity as a performer, establishing her own career and her own passions within the business and is accomplished and brilliant at what she does.

Knowing that, takes the "daughter of Lucy and Desi" veil from ones eyes and helps you see her as her own. I wish the interviewer had asked her about

Some of her broadway work, though it was not about TV, it would give information about what she did during TV. They touched a little on it, but not much.

I can only imagine the headlines she could have caused if not being able to keep that ambition and drive to be her own self, while continuously being

Identified with, as you said Neil, something she was hardly apart of. takes a lot of grace and patience I'm sure.

They both, Lucie and DesiJr., seem to have a balance in their life and career that not many child stars I know, grow up to have, and that's a testament to them.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived