Hollywood Byline: Lucille Ball

Bull, she would have been great on a talk show hosting as she was terrific on her Let's Talk to Lucy and that was just 15 minutes on a radio show, imagine her with a whole hour and some great friends on with her.

The success of Let's Talk To Lucy really depended entirely on the subject. For instance: She was having a hard time feigning interest in what Julie Newmar had to say in the episodes featured on the My Living Doll DVDs. :lucyhaha:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hell yeah, get Betty White or the Carols on there and talk about old lady sex, menopause, and all sorts of stuff like they talk about nowadays on these shows. Kinda like "The View" but with Lucy as host. That would've been a riot. :marionstrong:

But i didn't mean she should have hosted at the end of her life, but right after Here's Lucy closed down.

The success of Let's Talk To Lucy really depended entirely on the subject. For instance: She was having a hard time feigning interest in what Julie Newmar had to say in the episodes featured on the My Living Doll DVDs. :lucyhaha:

I dun't thin HER talk show would have had someone as uninteresting as Julie Newmar on her show anyway, LOL!

I meant on her TV Talk show that i keep dreaming about, not Let's Talk to Lucy, she would have had BIG names on hers. Gary must have asked her on as her cousin once played golf with him and let him win.

Were "Let's Talk to Lucy" guests Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Julie Andrews, Barbra Streisand, Bob Hope, Bing Crosby, Carol Burnett, and Doris Day not big enough names for you?

Were "Let's Talk to Lucy" guests Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Julie Andrews, Barbra Streisand, Bob Hope, Bing Crosby, Carol Burnett, and Doris Day not big enough names for you?

O M F G will you people GET what i'm saying, i'm saying that Lucy would not have had Julie Newmar on her daily TV talk show that i say she should have done after Here's lucy, i'm not talking about her guests for LTTL.

She always speaks so eloquently!

I think she was trying to prove that she was NOT the Lucy people saw on TV, trying to show herself in the best light possible. She loved smart people and respected people who were learned or well educated and she tried to put out that image of herself even though she was very insecure about her own education.

Archived