The Return of CHAMP BUTLER!

Remember that I LOVE LUCY episode in Hollywood where Lucy wants to be discovered and bellboy Bobby suggests a few methods that worked for others: Lana Turner at a soda fountain, Dorothy Lamour in an elevator, and Champ Butler parking cars? We all know Lana and Dorothy but Champ Butler??? I always thought maybe Bobby had fumbled his line and said the wrong name but it turns out there really was a Champ Butler (1926-1992) - he was one of those hitless singers who were all over television in the early 1950's but it appears he disappeared from fame somewhere midway into the decade and left little more of a pop culture memory than his name being dropped on an ILL episode. Well hold on to your bobbysocks, he's back, like nearly everybody else who ever recorded anything, on a cd reissue of vintage tracks: http://www.amazon.com/Yonder-Recordings-ORIGINAL-RECORDINGS-REMASTERED/dp/B009SLANRW/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1351470831&sr=1-1&keywords=Champ+Butler

Remember that I LOVE LUCY episode in Hollywood where Lucy wants to be discovered and bellboy Bobby suggests a few methods that worked for others: Lana Turner at a soda fountain, Dorothy Lamour in an elevator, and Champ Butler parking cars? We all know Lana and Dorothy but Champ Butler??? I always thought maybe Bobby had fumbled his line and said the wrong name but it turns out there really was a Champ Butler (1926-1992) - he was one of those hitless singers who were all over television in the early 1950's but it appears he disappeared from fame somewhere midway into the decade and left little more of a pop culture memory than his name being dropped on an ILL episode. Well hold on to your bobbysocks, he's back, like nearly everybody else who ever recorded anything, on a cd reissue of vintage tracks: http://www.amazon.com/Yonder-Recordings-ORIGINAL-RECORDINGS-REMASTERED/dp/B009SLANRW/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1351470831&sr=1-1&keywords=Champ+Butler

When i saw the title of your thread, i assumed it was going to be about his being mentionned on the Beverly Hillbillies, i thought that was where i heard his name. Sounds like a name Granny would mention, you know they always thought the old stars were still around.

Archived