It's the little things they do together...

On TLS, "Lucy Takes a Job at the Bank" (which, off topic, has to be one of the longest, pain in the ass literal plot descriptor titles ever picked for an episode- why couldn't they have gone with 'Lucy Fakes a Bank Job' or something less wordy?)...

When they sneak into the bank dressed as burglars and Viv growls "Everybody hit the floor, HIT THE FLOOR!" and they all do it. Only followed by Lucy's prompting to say everybody outside and she quickly backtracks, "Oh, EVERYBODY OUTSIDE!"

The inflection in Viv's voice is so perfect in that moment. She truly sounds so disgusted with herself, like "OMG I can't believe I effed that up. Why does she make me do these things, why is she always right?"

• Like 1

"Pregnant Women Are Unpredictable." :) While not wildly funny, this episode is full of "those little things" that make it heartwarming and so enjoyable to watch.

Another episode that surprised me as i watched it last night . . . the one where they go to a restaurant where the menu is in French, so they learn French from the waiter but he wants a job in Ricky's next show which prompts that Lucy/Ricky BET that she can sneak into the show which gave us the French numbers, really surprised me how much lead up to the closing number, the show went into so many different directions to get there.

On TLS, "Lucy Takes a Job at the Bank" (which, off topic, has to be one of the longest, pain in the ass literal plot descriptor titles ever picked for an episode- why couldn't they have gone with 'Lucy Fakes a Bank Job' or something less wordy?)...

When they sneak into the bank dressed as burglars and Viv growls "Everybody hit the floor, HIT THE FLOOR!" and they all do it. Only followed by Lucy's prompting to say everybody outside and she quickly backtracks, "Oh, EVERYBODY OUTSIDE!"

The inflection in Viv's voice is so perfect in that moment. She truly sounds so disgusted with herself, like "OMG I can't believe I effed that up. Why does she make me do these things, why is she always right?"

Another great example of L & V making filet mignon out of hamburger (with no offense to the writers, just sayin'! ;))!! :lucyhaha:

Another episode that surprised me as i watched it last night . . . the one where they go to a restaurant where the menu is in French, so they learn French from the waiter but he wants a job in Ricky's next show which prompts that Lucy/Ricky BET that she can sneak into the show which gave us the French numbers, really surprised me how much lead up to the closing number, the show went into so many different directions to get there.

And speaking of that episode, a little moment I love is after Lucy's been found out in her disguise as the bass and, in costume, she gives Ethel that "follow me" shrug. :marionstrong:

I'm not sure why, but this KILLS me every time -- When Ethel sashays back into the living room with her basket in the middle of Lucy's big number in Be A Pal. :marionstrong:

Also, in The Operetta -- aside from the Fab Four, the "bou-ou-ou-ou-ounced!" lady is obviously the MVP of the episode. I love watching her throughout this episode and how you can tell she is putting her heart and soul into each number with her facial expressions and gestures -- particularly The Good Squire Quinn -- perfect as someone in the amateur theatre or having their first crack on treading the boards after a lifelong dream.

As Mrs. Chumley is talking to her friend Mrs. Ackerman about the fact that Ricky Ricardo is no longer at the Tropicana, Lucy as gum-chomping Miss McGillicuddy glances at Mr. Littlefield and gives him a shrug and a huff as if to say "you STUPE!".

In Charm School, Lucy's sophisticated head bobbing laugh, followed by something like "you have such a r-r-refreshing wit" and then another little one-syllable laugh and then that shift she does to get momentum to sashay her hips across the room. This is another of Lucy's finest half hours.

After Mrs. McGillicuddy's hilarious cackle reaction to Lucy saying they're grooming Ricky to be another Rudolf Valentino (which never fails to make me laugh out loud EVERY time), Lucy and Ricky are saying something and during that Mrs. M lets out one last little almost unnoticeable chuckle. She just CAN'T contain herself.

In Mr and Mrs TV Show, both of Lucy's "Excuse me?"'s are great but on the second one she adds a slight concoction of her head with that sparkly smile that's great.

While the mertzes and Ricky are waiting for Lucy to come out and announce "this is it", there's a moment of silence and Fred does some little gesture that's really nothing, but I remember it.

Lucy on Marlon Brando: "won the academy award, you know"

Also, in The Operetta -- aside from the Fab Four, the "bou-ou-ou-ou-ounced!" lady is obviously the MVP of the episode. I love watching her throughout this episode and how you can tell she is putting her heart and soul into each number with her facial expressions and gestures -- particularly The Good Squire Quinn -- perfect as someone in the amateur theatre or having their first crack on treading the boards after a lifelong dream.

I love all the Operetta women...I don't know where they got these people. I don't remember seeing them anywhere else. After someone suggests having a picnic, someone else says "that's a wonderful idea" and I love the woman who says "Oh, yes MARVELOUS" as she's watering a plant.

This is a generic little thing about the Europe episodes. They got people who actually spoke the language and looked authentically European (so EARTHY) like the woman tying up the phone in "Misses Little Ricky in Italy". A lesser show would have hired Vito Scotti, Sid Gould and Vanda Barra doing crummy Italian accents. It added to the realism of those Europe episodes. And while we're on the subject: the sets of the Europe episodes are so great. Except for the two-toned door hotel room in "Grape Stomping", they're unique and built from scratch with an eye for detail. Bob Carroll was a Europe traveler ( I think Madelyn too) and probably added some input.

As Mrs. Chumley is talking to her friend Mrs. Ackerman about the fact that Ricky Ricardo is no longer at the Tropicana, Lucy as gum-chomping Miss McGillicuddy glances at Mr. Littlefield and gives him a shrug and a huff as if to say "you STUPE!".

In Charm School, Lucy's sophisticated head bobbing laugh, followed by something like "you have such a r-r-refreshing wit" and then another little one-syllable laugh and then that shift she does to get momentum to sashay her hips across the room. This is another of Lucy's finest half hours.

After Mrs. McGillicuddy's hilarious cackle reaction to Lucy saying they're grooming Ricky to be another Rudolf Valentino (which never fails to make me laugh out loud EVERY time), Lucy and Ricky are saying something and during that Mrs. M lets out one last little almost unnoticeable chuckle. She just CAN'T contain herself.

Omg have you looked at Lucy's face as her mother is chuckling in that episode? It's the greatest expression ever. Hahaha.

The way Ethel says "TV set" in her line "oh, yes. Every night when Fred and I eat dinner in front of our TV set, I wear the same old flannel bathrobe."

The fact that the checkerboard britches in "Ethel's Birthday" are called "Hostess" pants.

I wonder which came first: the concept for hostess pants; or the pants themselves.

The way Ethel says "TV set" in her line "oh, yes. Every night when Fred and I eat dinner in front of our TV set, I wear the same old flannel bathrobe."

The fact that the checkerboard britches in "Ethel's Birthday" are called "Hostess" pants.

I wonder which came first: the concept for hostess pants; or the pants themselves.

Dunno about you, but in MY day, hostess pants were more like the ones she wore under that beautiful outfit in the Holden episode.

I watched Mame for approximately the 423rd time last night, and one thing I love is the smile and little giggle Mame gives when Vera delivers her "He'll love it!" line in response to Agnes' "Will it mix with Dr. Peppper." It's such a natural moment.

Is it just me or is it annoying as hell to watch the film on You Tube and they speed it up, walking like Charley Chaplin and singing like Alvin and the Chipmunks. By the way, love your new avatar, we remember what that's from and can remember everything that happens after that LOOK on them both.

Is it just me or is it annoying as hell to watch the film on You Tube and they speed it up, walking like Charley Chaplin and singing like Alvin and the Chipmunks. By the way, love your new avatar, we remember what that's from and can remember everything that happens after that LOOK on them both.

They have to do that for copyright reasons or else YT will make them take it down.

The love scenes bewteen Lucy and Ricky in ILL are the sweetest. Like Lucy's voice, for instance, how it deepens. How they look at each other in admiration. It's like you're watching Lucy and Desi.

Also when talking to men or in a love scene with a man and if they have suit jackets the way she puts her hand under the flaps.

• Like 1