It's the little things they do together...

"Hollywood Anniversary"---so many moments in this one, but I think my favorite is how her face changes momentarily when Ricky's telling the audience why he's singing....She's mad but does a brief "WTF?" look when he says "I hope this'll does it".

"Chris's New Years Eve Party"--that little look of happiness and pride as Jerry poises himself to ask her to dance. (This moment was mentioned specifically in the TV Guide review of "the Lucy Show" in which the critic makes this odd statement: "I remember denouncing I Love Lucy as the worst program of the year because it display only ONE-FIFTH (caps are mine) of Miss Ball's talents. More of them are visible on The Lucy Show". He refers to NYEve as "the best of the lot so far". I'm guessing he didn't see that many.)

"Hollywood Anniversary"---so many moments in this one, but I think my favorite is how her face changes momentarily when Ricky's telling the audience why he's singing....She's mad but does a brief "WTF?" look when he says "I hope this'll does it".

"Chris's New Years Eve Party"--that little look of happiness and pride as Jerry poises himself to ask her to dance. (This moment was mentioned specifically in the TV Guide review of "the Lucy Show" in which the critic makes this odd statement: "I remember denouncing I Love Lucy as the worst program of the year because it display only ONE-FIFTH (caps are mine) of Miss Ball's talents. More of them are visible on The Lucy Show". He refers to NYEve as "the best of the lot so far". I'm guessing he didn't see that many.)

You have to wonder how SOME critics ever found work.

When Fred calls Lucy "Little Orphan Annie" in "Lucy Wants New Furniture"

When Ethel crows in "Tennessee Ernie Hangs On"

When Ethel is trying to distract Ricky in "The Star Upstairs"

When Lucy is trying to be seductive in "The Great Train Robbery"

When Lucy pretends to read the paper in "Lucy And The Loving Cup"

When Tallulah croaks, "P-T-what??" in "The Celebrity Next Door"

When Vivian tries to use the ladder as a seesaw in "Lucy Puts Up A TV Antenna"

When Vivian wakes up in "The Loophole In The Lease"

One thing I adored was the continuity in, I believe it was, "Country Club Dance," when Ethel says something like, "Fred hasn't been so nice to me since he thought my aunt died and left me a fortune." Which, of course, is an allusion to "Lucy Goes To Monte Carlo."

Enjoy it then, continuity was NOT their forte.

I think Lucy was always committed to those slaps. The wallop she gives Ricky in Lucy and the Dummy was pretty hard.

How about when Viv hits HER in the one about the guys wearing their old raggety clothes and the girls do the same and are photographed? Looks like Viv's trying to get rid of a lot of hostility in that scene, hitting Lucy very hard with her hat, LOL!