Johnny Carson Lucy

THE TONIGHT SHOW appeared to be bluer in the early 1970's, by the late 70's when I was old enough to stay up and watch it it was kind of just another talk show with rarely any racy comments other than Johnny's opening jokes. I remember there was a 2 record set of bits from the show released in the early 70s and it included Lucy and Desi Jr (both appearing at the same time I think); I found this record at a charity shop in the 80s but don't know what happened to it, anyway I seem to recall Johnny goofing off as a fey lech toward Desi Jr for a quip or two!!

TCM may not be showing a Lucy Tonight Show appearance in September, but they are airing Carnival, one of the few Lucy films I've never seen. :HALKING:

I can't find the September schedule for Canada, but if it is included on our schedule, I second your :HALKING: . I haven't seen it either.

THE TONIGHT SHOW appeared to be bluer in the early 1970's, by the late 70's when I was old enough to stay up and watch it it was kind of just another talk show with rarely any racy comments other than Johnny's opening jokes. I remember there was a 2 record set of bits from the show released in the early 70s and it included Lucy and Desi Jr (both appearing at the same time I think); I found this record at a charity shop in the 80s but don't know what happened to it, anyway I seem to recall Johnny goofing off as a fey lech toward Desi Jr for a quip or two!!

More details on the last line PREEZE!

• 1 month later...

Carnival was a Columbia film released in 1935. Lucy played a nurse in the film and it was the first time her name was seen in the onscreen credits.

WOW... did not know THAT at all... that is great to know.. NOW I need to get that since it was the FIRST to show her name on the credits! Do you know where I can obtain that? Is it on dvd?

WOW... did not know THAT at all... that is great to know.. NOW I need to get that since it was the FIRST to show her name on the credits! Do you know where I can obtain that? Is it on dvd?

Carnival was listed on the TCM September schedule, but it's not there anymore. :( The movie is not available anywhere, so I was excited to see that TCM was planning to show it.

• 4 months later...

Lucy's April 28, 1977 interview with Johnny will air on TCM on March 18, 2014 at 8:00pm. I think this might have been the only time Lucy was on the show without anything to promote.

Is this the one where she puts on some fake upper buck teeth mid-interview?

Is this the one where she puts on some fake upper buck teeth mid-interview?

No, that is a different one. I believe that one is when she is promoting Mame. The one airing on TCM is when she gives Johnny a handful of worms. I don't think this one is available anywhere else. It is a different interview than the recent DVD release.

Archived