Sign in to follow this  
Lucyilove

LUCY MEETS THE STARS PHOTO THREAD

JoeySoCal    1,009

LizaVincentGregoryKirkLucy.jpg

Lucy and Gregory Peck

9e61113af16d099f174f4f33b648bc96.jpg

i19vlg.jpg

Wow! Love both of these but what a difference being "done up" makes!! Beautiful! :)

Neil    1,352

I wonder if this is a shot from rehearsal. In all the other ones I've seen Dorothy, Lucy and Hedy are wearing different outfits, but Joan's is the same. Who is under the veil?

My guess: Phyllis Diller.  I would say Milton Berle except she's too short.

C L A U D E    2,006

Love your somewhat unusual Lucy avatar.  Lucy and Bergman, just like sisters there they looked so much alike, LOL!  Quoting that Lucy remark of course.

Lucyilove    234

LizaVincentGregoryKirkLucy.jpg

I didn't place this as Louis Jourdan either, thought it was Cliff Robertson but then Cliff would have been a lot younger than the rest of this group - (l to r) Eva Gabor, Louis  Jourdan,  Peck, Liza & Vincente Minnelli, Frank Sinatra, Kirk Douglas, and Lucy.  Must have been an event honoring Vincente,  Eva and Louis were in GIGI.

C L A U D E    2,006

Eva was in GIGI?  Did not remember that, never cared for that film much, but loved both actors.  Eva was definitely the best Gabor.  Didn't treat people like shit like her sis did.  At least some of you figured out it was Louis, I thought Hal David at first, then figured, nah, who the heck is that?  Don Knots all gussied up after a great face lift?

HarryCarter    1,053

I'd like to see TCM do a "Private Screenings" with Jourdan while they still have the chance.

That's a great idea! I really like how recently TCM has had a star sit down with Robert and introduce a night of their films. They've had Mitzi Gaynor, Robert Wagner, and Shirley Jones in the past few months. Lee Grant is on next week. They should at least have Louis Jourdan do that.

Brock    3,374

O M G just googled him and he has health problems and is NINETY THREE!  Hasn't done anything since 1992.

Aside from some mobility problems, he still seemed pretty sharp as late as 2010 when he was presented with the Legion of Honour.

C L A U D E    2,006

Seems kind of an advanced age to be joining the French Foreign legion.  Do you remember seeing Art Linkletter being interviewed well into his nineties and his being as sharp as a tack even then?

C L A U D E    2,006

Seen the Benny one before, but not the Lemmon one.  I wonder if that's from the Friar's roast, I recognize the wallpaper in the back and know Lemmon was there for that one.  Lucy was wearing pants in black and that frilly top and here she has a coat on, which she could have just put over the outfit.

Mmadluv7    222

With Jane Kean. (Sidenote: I didn't realise Lucy and this necklace went that far back.)

$_57.JPG

Well Im just undone- She looks so gorgeous!!!!! Those thick lips!! and those bare eyes!!! AWESOMENESS