LUCY MEETS THE STARS PHOTO THREAD

Lucyilove

The hairline makes me think wig but the look of it makes me think real hair.

Right, it looks as if its more naturally styled, than in the bouffant.

I remember when I was about 16,17 and I saw this same EXACT photo, and a few others of Lucy on this night

and I always thought, what is it about Lucy, that makes her look soooo different here! 

-Later I found out it was some time after the stroke, and her smile was a bit different- but that gets me to thinking about her 

true genuine star quality- the concept of "sick or well, you have to make certain appearances if you're Lucille Ball-the star"

Right, it looks as if its more naturally styled, than in the bouffant.

I remember when I was about 16,17 and I saw this same EXACT photo, and a few others of Lucy on this night

and I always thought, what is it about Lucy, that makes her look soooo different here!

-Later I found out it was some time after the stroke, and her smile was a bit different- but that gets me to thinking about her

true genuine star quality- the concept of "sick or well, you have to make certain appearances if you're Lucille Ball-the star"

I definitely see it now that you said it!!

Yep, ALSO- Her make up is less dramatic here. - maybe her make up man decided to go light or not so exaggerated because of the way she looked afterwards- because her face had changed a bit, going too extreme may have looked a little "Kabooky", especially since her look in the 80s teetered along the verge of "kabooky" and charismatic IMO  lol

Screen_Shot_2014_09_10_at_6_37_24_AM.png

but here,her eye shadow is a little lighter, and her eye brows are applied at her normalbrow line- VERY unusual for Lucy to have done before this time, as her normal style was above the normal brow line (oh could I go on and on about those eyebrows! lol) She has on lashes, but they are natural looking and not as thick and long as they could be lol

Her bow lips are applied but, you can tell there is a difference in the shape,and I think her lipstick is a little lighter than normal too.

I think she was going for glamour, but not exuberant glamour u kno.

I think she eases back into her over the top "Lucy look"- later on in early 89 maybe?, when she re applies her eye brows higher than usual and the lashes out long, with the thick dark eye make up- with the higher hair- but this night always seems like a most unusual night for Lucy, photographically, because some moments- she's captured as young and vibrant, and in some shots, she's captured as older and some what feeble (get a load of her huge hand in the BW shot lol! Im going to make a movie one day of about those huge hands lop-beautiful, i love em!)

Screen_Shot_2014_09_10_at_6_25_32_AM.png                Screen_Shot_2014_09_10_at_6_49_54_AM.png

Claude said it best when he says she sheds years off whenever she smiles.

yes, but look at her, sparkling, dazzling- charming, radiant, and literally beaming. Not much make up applied, light at that, and after an illness like that? Im sure you would agree she looks phenomenal. 

We are such Lucy buffs till one slight disfigurement or oddity on her face, we all notice it lol Im SURE in person, it was not as noticeable, and the energy and smile, made her look years younger. 

I just can't get over her tenacity. A lot of stars didn't have it as lucky as she did, even though it was a tough situation for her to recover from;though she never really did-unfortunately.

I think she bounces back from it and doesn't seclude herself away to the point where she made no appearances- and though she mustve been VERY disappointed about her looks- she (for the sake of the fans) came right back, making people laugh and all! Giving people the "star" "LUCY" we all gee and knew to love. 

What a trooper!! 

• Like 1

Yep, ALSO- Her make up is less dramatic here. - maybe her make up man decided to go light or not so exaggerated because of the way she looked afterwards- because her face had changed a bit, going too extreme may have looked a little "Kabooky", especially since her look in the 80s teetered along the verge of "kabooky" and charismatic IMO lol

Screen_Shot_2014_09_10_at_6_37_24_AM.png

but here,her eye shadow is a little lighter, and her eye brows are applied at her normalbrow line- VERY unusual for Lucy to have done before this time, as her normal style was above the normal brow line (oh could I go on and on about those eyebrows! lol) She has on lashes, but they are natural looking and not as thick and long as they could be lol

Her bow lips are applied but, you can tell there is a difference in the shape,and I think her lipstick is a little lighter than normal too.

I think she was going for glamour, but not exuberant glamour u kno.

I think she eases back into her over the top "Lucy look"- later on in early 89 maybe?, when she re applies her eye brows higher than usual and the lashes out long, with the thick dark eye make up- with the higher hair- but this night always seems like a most unusual night for Lucy, photographically, because some moments- she's captured as young and vibrant, and in some shots, she's captured as older and some what feeble (get a load of her huge hand in the BW shot lol! Im going to make a movie one day of about those huge hands lop-beautiful, i love em!)

Screen_Shot_2014_09_10_at_6_25_32_AM.pngScreen_Shot_2014_09_10_at_6_49_54_AM.png

Claude said it best when he says she sheds years off whenever she smiles.

Are these blue dress pictures from the Kennedy Center event where she sang for Bob Hope?

I do agree her smile was a bit off but her face wasn't affected nearly as bad as Viv's was.