LUCY MEETS THE STARS PHOTO THREAD

Lucyilove

I wonder if this is a shot from rehearsal. In all the other ones I've seen Dorothy, Lucy and Hedy are wearing different outfits, but Joan's is the same. Who is under the veil?

My guess: Phyllis Diller.  I would say Milton Berle except she's too short.

LizaVincentGregoryKirkLucy.jpg

I didn't place this as Louis Jourdan either, thought it was Cliff Robertson but then Cliff would have been a lot younger than the rest of this group - (l to r) Eva Gabor, Louis  Jourdan,  Peck, Liza & Vincente Minnelli, Frank Sinatra, Kirk Douglas, and Lucy.  Must have been an event honoring Vincente,  Eva and Louis were in GIGI.

Eva was in GIGI?  Did not remember that, never cared for that film much, but loved both actors.  Eva was definitely the best Gabor.  Didn't treat people like shit like her sis did.  At least some of you figured out it was Louis, I thought Hal David at first, then figured, nah, who the heck is that?  Don Knots all gussied up after a great face lift?

I'd like to see TCM do a "Private Screenings" with Jourdan while they still have the chance.

That's a great idea! I really like how recently TCM has had a star sit down with Robert and introduce a night of their films. They've had Mitzi Gaynor, Robert Wagner, and Shirley Jones in the past few months. Lee Grant is on next week. They should at least have Louis Jourdan do that.

Seen the Benny one before, but not the Lemmon one.  I wonder if that's from the Friar's roast, I recognize the wallpaper in the back and know Lemmon was there for that one.  Lucy was wearing pants in black and that frilly top and here she has a coat on, which she could have just put over the outfit.