OTHER FAMOUS PEOPLE WHO DIED

C L A U D E

• 1 month later...

SInger Noel Harrison -- son of Rex Harrison -- has died at 79:

Oh I used to love him, was shocked to hear he had passed on, thought he was much younger.  He used to sing songs, singers nowadays could learn from him.  Just sang, like a troubadour, enunciated the words, sang beautifully.   And he was still performing too, I think it said he had a heart attack.

British director Antonia Bird has passed away in her sleep at the young age of 54.  Thyroid cancer.  She directed Priest, Face and Mad Love and many others, as well as some television shows like East enders and Spooks.  Actor Robert Carlyle who's worked with her in many films said she will be greatly missed.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh I know and you're right of course, I even worried about posting it until I saw it on the news, but it's from Greg in Hollywood and he said himself it was a very reliable source.  When Lucy did a surprise stint on Jackie Gleason's variety show for his birthday, wasn't Jane part of the new cast of The Honeymooners?  Along with Sheila?

Paul Walker, star of the "Fast & Furious" movie franchise has been killed in a car crash:

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/publicist-fast-furious-star-dies-car-crash-21059317

I've never seen the "Fast" series, but I enjoyed his "Skip" in Pleasantville.

I didn't watch the "Fast" series either but I know I've seen him in other movies.  RIP.  :(

• 2 weeks later...

Actress Audrey Totter has died at 95:

http://www.latimes.com/obituaries/la-me-passings-20131214,0,7065147.story#axzz2nPIJ1YGz

She "appeared" in Ziegfeld Follies as Kenan Wynn's telephone operator nemesis, and also appeared alongside Viv in The Blue Veil.

Whenever I went to visit my friend, Evelyn Moriarty (standin to Marilyn Monroe, Barbara Eden and Ann-Margret) at the Motion Picture Home, we used to see Audrey Totter a lot. She was still beautiful and very, very nice. Quite a standout dame in her films!

• 2 weeks later...

It's a superfecta of death today:

1. Alicia Rhett, who played India Wilkes in Gone With The Wind:

CHARLESTON, S.C. — Alicia Rhett, an actress who played one of the sisters of Ashley Wilkes in "Gone with the Wind," died Friday. She was 98.

Rhett died of natural causes about 5 p.m. at the Bishop Gadsden Episcopal Retirement Community in Charleston, said Gadsden spokeswoman Kimberly Farfone Borts.

Rhett was the oldest surviving cast member of the 1939 film starring Vivien Leigh and Clark Gable, Farfone said.

Still-surviving cast members include Olivia de Havilland, 97, who played Ashley Wilkes' cousin and wife, Melanie Hamilton; Mary Anderson, 93, who played Maybelle Merriweather; and Mickey Kuhn, 81, who played Beau Wilkes, Farfone said.

MORE:

2. Everly Brother Phil Everly: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-25601185

3. Film producer Saul Zaentz (One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, Amadeus, The English Patient)

4. Actress Barbara Lawrence (Oklahoma!, A Letter to Three Wives, Perry Mason)