OTHER FAMOUS PEOPLE WHO DIED

C L A U D E

Fabiola was an interesting woman, with a lot of contradictions.

My favourite Fabiola moment was from four or five years ago when just prior to the Belgian National Day some terrorist cell was threatening to assassinate her on the dais with a crossbow. Rather than skipping the event, she showed up defiantly waving a green apple to shoot off her head, a la William Tell.

xm90tc.jpg

Fabiola was an interesting woman, with a lot of contradictions.

My favourite Fabiola moment was from four or five years ago when just prior to the Belgian National Day some terrorist cell was threatening to assassinate her on the dais with a crossbow. Rather than skipping the event, she showed up defiantly waving a green apple to shoot off her head, a la William Tell.

xm90tc.jpg

O M G yes, funny and truly admirable.  The Europeans and their big floppy hats, they look so elegant.  Who's the other woman, a Royal, who looks like death warmed over but is still going strong in Royal circles, you've shown and i've seen pics of her where she looks a fright but at least she's still alive.

Who's the other woman, a Royal, who looks like death warmed over but is still going strong in Royal circles, you've shown and i've seen pics of her where she looks a fright but at least she's still alive.

I'm not sure who you mean. Which country?

O M G You mean to tell me that the great Eleanor Parker was still alive up to last year?  God how i loved that woman.

She died a day or two after The Sound of Music: Live! I'm sure that was a contributing factor to her demise.

O M G You mean to tell me that the great Eleanor Parker was still alive up to last year?  God how i loved that woman.

Me, too; oddly, just this morning, watched her and Errol Flynn in some early film, 'Never Say Goodbye', I think.  Loved her in 'Peyton Place', more recently, too.

Eleanor Parker:  6/26/22 ----- 12/9/13

• 2 weeks later...

TV Producer and former actor Arthur Gardner has died at 104: http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/moviesnow/la-et-mn-arthur-gardner-dies-20141219-story.html I had never heard of him before, but it is amazing to me that two cast members of "Dramatic School" made it to 104, with Luise Rainer just a few weeks away from a whopping 105!

TV Producer and former actor Arthur Gardner has died at 104: http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/moviesnow/la-et-mn-arthur-gardner-dies-20141219-story.html I had never heard of him before, but it is amazing to me that two cast members of "Dramatic School" made it to 104, with Luise Rainer just a few weeks away from a whopping 105!

So sad, to go so young.