OTHER FAMOUS PEOPLE WHO DIED

C L A U D E

Ok, now wait one cotton pickin minute, Victor Borge died in '62?  Never knew i saw him perform many times after he died.  I think it should read 2000.

Thanks, Claude, you are absolutely correct; Victor passed in 12/23/2000; the entry on the 31st was a performance of his in 1962.

I appreciate your catching that error.  Loving you, JK

• 2 weeks later...

How come nobody reported that singer Leslie Gore has died at the young age of 68 from cancer?  Her hits include It's My Party of course which she sang forever.  Howie Mandell used to do a spoof of it by pretending to be a baby and singing IT'S MY POTTY AND I'LL CWY IF I WANT TO . . . 

Funny how Kiddie Parties Inc. was taped right around the same time that It's My Party was released and became a huge hit. lol. I LOVE that song! Once my cousins and I sang the opposite of it. "It's YOUR party and we'll laugh if we want to, I would laugh too if it happened to US!"

Funny how Kiddie Parties Inc. was taped right around the same time that It's My Party was released and became a huge hit. lol. I LOVE that song! Once my cousins and I sang the opposite of it. "It's YOUR party and we'll laugh if we want to, I would laugh too if it happened to US!"

Contrary to what most people think, the lady had other hits, like You don't know me and others.  I meant to ask you Ched, i think you mentioned that you had Asperger's huh?  Well, Putin, leader of the Russians has been diagnosed with that illness, did you know that?

Yes I do have it. A lot higher functioning than most people. There were early signs when I was a child. For instance something was not connecting right in my brain that told me when (and where) I needed to do my duty as my grandpa used to call it. Had to go to a special doctor and she gave me laxatives and made me eat prunes and they stuck this thing up my fanny. I think it was a thermometer. They said the treatment would take 2 years but one day (this was actually exactly 20 years ago in February 1995 when I was turning 6) it just clicked. I remember that afternoon like it was yesterday. I was wearing a sweater for some reason. My mom bought me an orange helium filled balloon to celebrate. lol. Going to school for machine shop and it seems to be clicking now as well, especially for someone who has zero experience. But there's a few things I still need to work on.

Yes I do have it. A lot higher functioning than most people. There were early signs when I was a child. For instance something was not connecting right in my brain that told me when (and where) I needed to do my duty as my grandpa used to call it. Had to go to a special doctor and she gave me laxatives and made me eat prunes and they stuck this thing up my fanny. I think it was a thermometer. They said the treatment would take 2 years but one day (this was actually exactly 20 years ago in February 1995 when I was turning 6) it just clicked. I remember that afternoon like it was yesterday. I was wearing a sweater for some reason. My mom bought me an orange helium filled balloon to celebrate. lol. Going to school for machine shop and it seems to be clicking now as well, especially for someone who has zero experience. But there's a few things I still need to work on.

Well, good for you for overcoming that problem.  You're in good company with Putin though, just read that he has amassed a hidden fortune from looting the Russian economy, the man apparently has over 200 B I L L I O N dollars hidden away in Swiss banks.  Hope YOU are as good with money matters, LOL!

• 3 weeks later...

Simpsons co-creator Sam Simon died last night at 59 after a long battle with cancer. :(

I know, diagnosed in 2012, he shared in seven Emmys with his co creators.  Was involved with lots of other shows too, even wrote for some great ones like Taxi and others.  We missed another one who passed away, an actor who appeared on Seinfeld, i think he played George's boss at one point.

Richard Glatzer, who co wrote and directed Still Alice for which Julienne Moore just won an Oscar has passed on from ALS.  He and his partner had written several movies together over the years and his partner wrote in February that although he could only communicate with eye movements, he would be watching the Oscar telecast to see if Julienne win for their movie.

• 2 weeks later...

Cynthia Lennon has died after a battle with cancer.

To save the "Wasn't she one of the Lennon Sisters?" post to follow, she was John's first wife. ;)

Us older people DO know who she was, and a great person too, sad to go from that dreadful scurge but at least she saw 75.

• 2 weeks later...