OTHER FAMOUS PEOPLE WHO DIED

C L A U D E

Jonathan Crombie, who played Gilbert Blythe in the three Anne of Green Gables movies, and on Road to Avonlea, has died aged just 48, according to the CBC. :( He was just on The Good Wife a few weeks ago.

So sad. My grandma used to watch that every time it came on PBS. It's a shame he died so young. Almost as bad as fellow cast member Richard Farnsworth.

One of the twins from Everybody Loves Raymond has died in an apparent suicide by gunshot. Very sad.

I know, just read that, 19 years old, it was Sawyer Sweeten, last time seen on the TV Land awards back in 2010 along with his brother and sister who were both on Raymond with him.  Apparent suicide, shot himself on the porch while visiting home in Texas, sad indeed.

I'm not sure if this was a hit in the States, but an iconic part of the Canadian childhood experience died yesterday. :(

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/lois-lilienstein-of-sharon-lois-bram-and-skinnamarink-fame-dies-at-78-1.3045731

:( This was my first favorite TV show and Sharon, Lois and Bram was my first concert. I didn't realize the show was Canadian until a few years ago.

:( This was my first favorite TV show and Sharon, Lois and Bram was my first concert. I didn't realize the show was Canadian until a few years ago.

O M G there was actually something you did not know?????  I might have seen it but i think it became popular after i had become older so i never watched it regularly.  My faves in the early era were Captain Kangoroo in the US and Johnny Jellybean here in Canada and i think he was American, i know he died in the Valley.

Suzanne Crough, the little girl on The Partridge Family has died at the young age of 52, leaving a husband and two daughters, a cause of death has not been announced.

It's a sad week for the millions of fans of classic TV and/or child stars.  I had the pleasure to meet the adult Suzanne Crough at a few autograph shows in Hollywood and she was a lovely lady...and her children were absolute dolls.  So sad. :(

Shirley Jones ‘Devastated’ Over Suzanne Crough’s Passing — Exclusive Statement

suzanne-crough-shirley-jones-devestated-

Suzanne Crough sadly passed away on April 27, and her ‘Partridge Family’ costar, Shirley Jones, has spoken out on her death to HollywoodLife.com EXCLUSIVELY. Shirley, who played Suzanne’s TV mom, revealed how she’s ‘sad’ and ‘devastated’ over the sudden loss of Suzanne. See her full statement here.

Suzanne Crough died on April 27 of unknown causes, and people are shocked and saddened over the news of her death — including Suzanne’s former Partridge Family costar, Shirley Jones, 81. HollywoodLife.com was the first to speak to Shirley after Suzanne’s death, who called it a “rude awakening” after hearing Shirley had passed away at just 52 years old.

Suzanne Crough Death: Shirley Jones, Her TV Mom On ‘Partridge Family,’ Speaks Out

Shirley told HollywoodLife.com EXCLUSIVELY:

"I am so devastated to hear of the sad and sudden loss of Suzanne. I still remember her as my young daughter on
The Partridge Family
. She was the baby of the show.  It’s a rude awakening that we are all mortal. How fleeting life is. My heart goes out to her family and children. Suzanne will always be remembered and I will always treasure my memories of her. Suzanne Crough …my sweet TV baby for 5 years…only 52…never a sick day…two adorable children…a devoted husband…everything to live for…just fell asleep at the dining room table and left us forever.  Dear God take care of my baby."

Shirley and Suzanne had a very close relationship on and off screen, as Suzanne played Shirley’s TV daughter, Tracy Partridge, for four seasons from 1970-1974. It’s clear that they developed a special bond, and we can just imagine how heartbreaking the news of Suzanne’s death was to Shirley.

Suzanne appeared at a Partridge Family reunion on the TODAY show in 2010, and revealed that she had left her acting days behind and became a manager at Office Max in Arizona. Though she left acting behind, she clearly stayed on good terms with her TV family.

Suzanne was happily married and had two kids. Sadly, she’s missing out on one of her daughter’s weddings which is supposed to occur this summer, according to TMZ.

Our thoughts continue to be with Suzanne and her loved ones — including Shirley — during this difficult time.

— Julianne Ishler, Reporting by Sandra Clark & Evan Real

• 2 weeks later...

You can't drop a line like that without 'splainin! Let's hear the whole sordid thing!

Picture it. New York City. 1964. My grandfather was on some high class business trip to New York for some sort of fashion event (he was the head buyer for women's fashions for a now defunct national department store) and decides to take his wife and daughters with him. The company put them up in some swanky hotel that had its own nightclub or cabaret. One night they went there for dinner and were seated at the next table over from Nelson and Happy. The performer that evening was either Tony Martin (so says my mother) or a young Trini Lopez (as maintained by my grandmother) and after dinner he was in the middle of his show singing "Bye Bye Blackbird." Martin/Lopez was looking for someone from the audience to come up and sing with him and Nelson and Happy decided my mother was the perfect cute little kid to do the duet. My mother was terrified, made a big scene refusing to go up, despite the Rockefellers going all out to encourage her. When it was clear my mom was not going up there, apparently Happy was not so chipper about it and made that very clear, according to my grandmother. lol

• Like 1