OTHER FAMOUS PEOPLE WHO DIED

C L A U D E

Joe Biden's son, Beau, has lost his fight with brain cancer. :(

I know, what a shocker.  First Vice President Biden loses his wife and daughter and his two sons are seriously hurt in that car accident and now this, leaving a wife and two kids.  Biden was visiting him in the hospital for the past few weeks, never saying anything to the media, i always liked that man, something rare in politics,  A decent caring man who always puts family first.

I know, what a shocker.  First Vice President Biden loses his wife and daughter and his two sons are seriously hurt in that car accident and now this, leaving a wife and two kids.  Biden was visiting him in the hospital for the past few weeks, never saying anything to the media, i always liked that man, something rare in politics,  A decent caring man who always puts family first.

I agree; handsome, as well; but, a little too arrogant for my pleasure....  I CAN IGNORE THAT!!!!

I agree; handsome, as well; but, a little too arrogant for my pleasure....  I CAN IGNORE THAT!!!!

I've never seen arrogance, only compassion, grace, wit and today i read the speech he gave after losing his wife and daughter and almost his two sons back in that car accident at 30 after getting elected for the very first time.  Seems he said he finally understood suicide, thinking if his two sons had gone also and he had been alone, the ideal solution would have been suicide to nullify the pain he had to go through.  No, instead he assisted his two sons until they were well again, and eventually found someone to share his life and he just kept going, a real class act.

• Like 1

I just have to stop reading the scummy comments made by these absolute MORONS in the US.  The man died at 42, of brain cancer and all the comments are COULDN'T IT HAVE BEEN OBAMA INSTEAD, WISH IT WERE JOE SENIOR WHO HAD DIED, glad he's dead, THEY'VE RUINED THE COUNTRY BLAH BLAH BLAH, these people are so bloody stupid, of course there was an outpouring of real sentiment from the normal people but these republican fox news watching excuses for human beings just say the most vile things.  I just find it so disgusting that i will never read their idiotic comments again.

• Like 3

I'm very saddened by this.  That speech he gave about his father at the 2012 DNC really touched my heart.  I think he was on a path to a life of great service to this country.  Kind of like JFK Jr., I'm feeling an extra sense of loss as he will never be able to fulfill all that he intended to do in his life.  I had heard a few weeks ago that he had been hospitalized, but I had no idea it was this serious.  This came as a shock.

• Like 1

I just have to stop reading the scummy comments made by these absolute MORONS in the US. 

Never read comments on news site, particularly when it concerns American politics. It is hazardous to the mental, physical, and emotional health of everyone concerned.

• Like 1

I've never seen arrogance, only compassion, grace, wit and today i read the speech he gave after losing his wife and daughter and almost his two sons back in that car accident at 30 after getting elected for the very first time.  Seems he said he finally understood suicide, thinking if his two sons had gone also and he had been alone, the ideal solution would have been suicide to nullify the pain he had to go through.  No, instead he assisted his two sons until they were well again, and eventually found someone to share his life and he just kept going, a real class act.

I agree, Claude.  I don't know if the comment was about Joe Biden or his son, Beau, but I've never seen arrogance from either. His son always seemed rather humble to me.  People make cracks about Joe Biden's so-called gaffes, but I think it's a reflection of his sincerity and unwillingness to submit to the fake BS in politics.  He says what he means and he means what he says.  He's one of the few real people left in DC.  Remember his "gaffe" (aka, honest comment) a few years ago when he said gay marriage should be the law?  Up until that time, all President Obama would say was he was "evolving" on the issue.  Biden came out and just said what needed to be done and put Obama in a position where he had to finally put an end to his b.s. about evolving.

You always know where Joe Biden is coming from, and it's with a good heart.  The tragedies he's endured in his life I think are part of what motivates him; he knows how precious life is and wants to make the most of his for the benefit of the nation.  Up until he became vice president, he commuted every day from his home in Delaware, not wanting to uproot his family and to give them as normal an existence as possible, and always be home for them.  That, to me, speaks volumes about his character.

• Like 1

Never read comments on news site, particularly when it concerns American politics. It is hazardous to the mental, physical, and emotional health of everyone concerned.

Yeah, no kidding, i just could not believe what i was reading.  When i worked at the hotel, i would sometimes see some of those assholes, You know that Obama's Kenyan, you know he's a communist and other nonsense, i told them to stop watching Fox News and find out what's really happening in their country.  The only thing that makes me smile now is thinking how upset they were when he was elected and then re elected.  Shame that the hardest working President they ever had, a man not afraid to tackle anything, is now stuck not being able to do anything else has they stop him doing anything important and always threaten to cancel anything he's done.  I don't understand how Congress has the lowest approval rating ever and yet the people keep voting those idiots back in, mid term elections are just a waste of time and money. 

I agree, Claude.  I don't know if the comment was about Joe Biden or his son, Beau, but I've never seen arrogance from either. His son always seemed rather humble to me.  People make crack's about Joe Biden so-called gaffes, but I think it's a reflection of his sincerity and unwillingness to submit to the fake BS in politics.  He says what he means and he means what he says.  He's one of the few real people left in DC.  Remember his "gaffe" (aka, honest comment) a few years ago when he said gay marriage should be the law?  Up until that time, all President Obama would say was he was "evolving" on the issue.  Biden came out and just said what needed to be done and put Obama in a position where he had to finally put an end to his b.s. about evolving.

You always know where Joe Biden is coming from, and it's with a good heart.  The tragedies he's endured in his life I think are part of what motivates him; he knows how precious life is and wants to make the most of his for the benefit of the nation.  Up until he became vice president, he commuted every day from his home in Delaware, not wanting to uproot his family and to give them as normal an existence as possible, and always be home for them.  That, to me, speaks volumes about his character.

Yes, agreed, but the jokes about the Vice President seem to follow any of them, they ALWAYS ridicule the Vice Presidents while in office.  

I just have to stop reading the scummy comments made by these absolute MORONS in the US.  The man died at 42, of brain cancer and all the comments are COULDN'T IT HAVE BEEN OBAMA INSTEAD, WISH IT WERE JOE SENIOR WHO HAD DIED, glad he's dead, THEY'VE RUINED THE COUNTRY BLAH BLAH BLAH, these people are so bloody stupid, of course there was an outpouring of real sentiment from the normal people but these republican fox news watching excuses for human beings just say the most vile things.  I just find it so disgusting that i will never read their idiotic comments again.

Well said, my friend. Well said. :(

Yikes. Who said that?

I have to say that no president will ever have a good approval rating while in office depending on who you ask. There are plenty of good leaders from both sides of the spectrum. If you name something good a Democrat did, a Republican will be able to give five reasons why it's actually a negative thing, and vice versa.

Yikes. Who said that?

I found it on this gay blog, they were reporting how some assholes just can't resist tearing someone down and listed all these comments, no compassion whatsoever, and blaming Democrats for everything that's wrong about the country when it's republicans who ruined the economy and wasted billions on useless wars.  UNFORTUNATELY for me, i criticized them and then proceeded to do the exact same thing today when i heard this old separatist leader had died at 84 and my first reaction was GOOD!  The man brought us 100 thousand votes away from total independence from Canada by lying and painting a rosy picture of what life would be if we had our own country.   And stealing votes and cancelling others.   Problem is these idiots don't know they already have one of the best countries in the world, it's called Canada.

• Like 1

I have to say that no president will ever have a good approval rating while in office depending on who you ask.

It wasn't always that way, though.  Here's the history of the Gallup presidential approval rating.  Eisenhower averaged a 65% approval rating while in office.  JFK averaged 70%.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/116677/presidential-approval-ratings-gallup-historical-statistics-trends.aspx

There are plenty of good leaders from both sides of the spectrum. If you name something good a Democrat did, a Republican will be able to give five reasons why it's actually a negative thing, and vice versa.

It doesn't matter what the president does, he'll be attacked for it.  Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.  It was Republicans who created the model for the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) and look what happened.  I remember when Chelsea Clinton got married a couple years ago, there was huge criticism from the right for how much money had been spent on her wedding.  I thought, if she had decided to have a cheap wedding instead, they would have attacked the "cheap" Clintons for not doing their part help boost the local economy in the middle of a recession, by hiring wedding planners, bands, caterers, chauffeurs and parking attendants, etc..  It never matters what path is chosen, the opposition will make up a reason to go on the attack.

• Like 2

It wasn't always that way, though.  Here's the history of the Gallup presidential approval rating.  Eisenhower averaged a 65% approval rating while in office.  JFK averaged 70%.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/116677/presidential-approval-ratings-gallup-historical-statistics-trends.aspx

It doesn't matter what the president does, he'll be attacked for it.  Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.  It was Republicans who created the model for the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) and look what happened.  I remember when Chelsea Clinton got married a couple years ago, there was huge criticism from the right for how much money had been spent on her wedding.  I thought, if she had decided to have a cheap wedding instead, they would have attacked the "cheap" Clintons for not doing their part help boost the local economy in the middle of a recession, by hiring wedding planners, bands, caterers, chauffeurs and parking attendants, etc..  It never matters what path is chosen, the opposition will make up a reason to go on the attack.

Kennedy was probably one of, if not the best. Reagan was pretty admirable even though people lost money in the 80s. Carter didn't do much during his presidency, but he does a ton of stuff nowadays.

Kennedy was probably one of, if not the best. Reagan was pretty admirable even though people lost money in the 80s. Carter didn't do much during his presidency, but he does a ton of stuff nowadays.

Little ronnie reagan is responsible for almost everything that's wrong today according to many experts.  His ONE accomplishment seems to be the coming down of the Berlin wall and a thaw in the cold war which has not lasted.  His real legacy is his ignoring AIDS and causing 40 million people to die around the world.

"It wasn't always that way, though.  Here's the history of the Gallup presidential approval rating.  Eisenhower averaged a 65% approval rating while in office.  JFK averaged 70%."

Thanks for sayng that:  I agree; and they were each from the 'other' party!!!!  I'd have voted for McCain, too; until he chose that flake from Alaska as his 'talking head'/clothes horse......

"It wasn't always that way, though.  Here's the history of the Gallup presidential approval rating.  Eisenhower averaged a 65% approval rating while in office.  JFK averaged 70%."

Thanks for sayng that:  I agree; and they were each from the 'other' party!!!!  I'd have voted for McCain, too; until he chose that flake from Alaska as his 'talking head'/clothes horse......

It was much easier to get a strong approval rating back then, as everything was hidden from the world, i wonder if Kennedy's rating would have been so strong if people knew what was really going on in the White House, LOL!  

I have to say that no president will ever have a good approval rating while in office depending on who you ask. There are plenty of good leaders from both sides of the spectrum. If you name something good a Democrat did, a Republican will be able to give five reasons why it's actually a negative thing, and vice versa.

Right on, Freddie! remember all that when you next vote....

Right on, Freddie! remember all that when you next vote....

Especially in the Mid term ones.

Coincidentally, I voted today- student government. I did favoritism and went with all of my friends- at least the ones I like. I also voted for myself. Can't go wrong there.

• Like 1

Coincidentally, I voted today- student government. I did favoritism and went with all of my friends- at least the ones I like. I also voted for myself. Can't go wrong there.

Nothing wrong with that, i'll bet you every star in Hollywood has done that many many times.