OTHER FAMOUS PEOPLE WHO DIED

C L A U D E

• 2 weeks later...

Huffington Post reports Frank Gifford died this morning:

NEW YORK (AP) — Pro Football Hall of Famer Frank Gifford has died. He was 84.

In a statement released by NBC News on Sunday, his family said Gifford died suddenly at his Connecticut home of natural causes that morning. His wife, Kathie Lee Gifford, is a host for NBC's "Today."

Country singer Lynn Anderson has died at 67. She appeared alongside Lucy -- and presented her with a ham -- in Lucy Comes to Nashville.

I am so shocked to hear this, that's pretty young to die these days and she always looked great and sung as fine in concert and on television as she did decades ago.  There's a picture of Lynn with Lucy on my Lucy scrapbook thread.  They were also both on Bob Hope's 1978 birthday special although did not appear together.  I was a huge fan of Lynn Anderson's back in the 1970's and 1980's, she was right up there with Dolly Parton, Olivia Newton-John, Crystal Gayle, and other female vocalists.  Hopefully the Emmys will include her in their memorial tribute - she was on tv almost every month back in the 1970's and early 1980's.

Not to even touch on one of my best friends, who commited suicide, who loved her 'Rose Garden' song; and I can't even begin to  hear it anymore; but, something draws me to it; and we 'share' each others' tragendies, once more, as we did then.   Perhaps she went to entertain my best friend at the time.  I'd like to think that.

• Like 1

Aww, TV's original Batgirl, Yvonne Craig, has lost her fight with breast cancer. :(

Met her in 2012 here in Australia, she talked to me for around 15 minutes, and told me stories about working with Barbara Stanwyck and Elvis Presley, she was by far the nicest celebrity I have ever met. it was at a sci-fi convention, and all the others were just signing and barely talking to you,  but she was different, she enjoyed connecting with fans, and I actually went back after I purchased another picture for her to sign and she did not mind at all. I can still hear her sweet american voice saying my name.  She was by all means, a real lady.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...