OTHER FAMOUS PEOPLE WHO DIED

C L A U D E

• 2 weeks later...

Boy!  You don't log on to this thread for a while and BAMM.....

Lucy connection (thought not a very good one for him): The last season of "The Man From UNCLE" was scheduled opposite "The Lucy Show" in 1967.  "Lucy" was #1, "Uncle" was cancelled mid-season to be replaced by "Laugh In"

Society columnist Aileen Mehle, better known as Suzy Knickerbocker, one of my favorite What's My Line? panelists, has died at 98. 

If this is who I think it is, she sometimes filled the empty seat left by Dorothy Kilgallen on What's My Line, so she would have been close to 50 at the time.  She looked much younger.

With a K?!

Now THAT'S funny!!

Grant Tinker, legendary TV executive and former husband of Mary Tyler Moore, has died at 90.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/tv-legend-former-nbc-ceo-grant-tinker-dies-age-90-n690051?cid=eml_onsite

I always got Tinker and Joe Hamilton mixed up, both being the producers behind two 70s stars.  Like Desi and Lucy before them, these seemingly happy marriages don't last.  It's inconceivable but Mary herself turned 80 last month.  When  MTM herself exits, that's IT. I'm going OFF THE GRID!!

:( Dick was also best man at Lucie and Phil Vandervort's wedding.

Additionally, was one of the infamous 'less-than-2-dozen' actor/actress folk Lucille chose for her Desilu Workshop  late 50s.

And, thanks, Harry, for the poop about Lucie's other wedding; didn't know about G. being best man; good information for the chronology.  Loving you, JK :fabrary:

Miguel Ferrer, prominent character actor and eldest son of Rosemary Clooney and José Ferrer, has died at 61. Apparently he was also good friends with poor Todd Fisher.

Not surprised, I think he's been ill for awhile: last couple of times I saw him on NCIS LA, you could barely understand what he was saying, poor guy...at the time I thought it was perhaps after effects from a stroke...but this explains it.  Not a regular viewer of the series so I'm not sure if they addressed it with his character but given his speech, I don't see how they could not.  Sad. :(

perry_mason_tv_3-h_2016.jpg

Barbara Hale and Raymond Burr on a 1958 episode of CBS' 'Perry Mason.'

Beloved "Perry Mason" actress Barbara Hale has just passed. :(

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/barbara-hale-dead-perry-mason-893891

I didn't hear about this at all! I would always watch those Perry Mason TV movies when they aired on Hallmark when I was little.

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...