OTHER FAMOUS PEOPLE WHO DIED

C L A U D E

Roger Smith, star of 77 SUNSET STRIP (1958 - 1963) and husband for 50 years of Ann-Margret (HL "Lucy and Ann-Margret") has died.  Obituary pending; Smith's son by his first marriage released the news to social media earlier today.

Poor Ann-Margret. They seemed like a great couple. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Supposedly Miriam Marx, daughter of Groucho Marx, died today at age 90.  I have not seen any news reports to confirm this.  Does anybody know?  Son Arthur Marx, who had a long and successful career as a writer of books and TV shows, died in 2011 at age 89.  Another daughter, Melinda Marx, will be 71 in August.

Supposedly Miriam Marx, daughter of Groucho Marx, died today at age 90.  I have not seen any news reports to confirm this.  Does anybody know?  Son Arthur Marx, who had a long and successful career as a writer of books and TV shows, died in 2011 at age 89.  Another daughter, Melinda Marx, will be 71 in August.

While Wikipedia notes that she passed yesterday, no obituary in LA Times or elsewhere yet with any details.  I'll keep checking occasionally and report back. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! She was only about 12 years younger than Frank? I never would have guessed. She's kinda like the Gary Morton of the Sinatra world. Ok, maybe not THAT bad, but she's certainly not a universally loved figure.

Perhaps not but after reading of her passing and checking out her bio, I was pleased to read about her philanthropy, particularly as it assisted in building a place in the desert for abused/in need children at Eisenhower MC (also home to the Betty Ford Center), as well as her involvement in getting funding for what ultimately became the McCallum Theatre, "a 1,127-seat theatre and concert venue located on the southern edge of the campus of College of the Desert in Palm Desert, California", which is probably the nicest "house" for plays, concerts and stage events in the area, is stunningly beautiful and one of the nicest venues I've ever been privileged to attend performances.

She may not have been well-liked, but apparently she did lots of good works for those less fortunate. :lucyblah:

• Like 1

You're never going to believe this but I was thinking about Patti just YESTERDAY.  I was reading a book about variety shows and it listed her as part of the Laugh-In cast and I was recalling her character's whiny voice. 

And Harry, what do you mean "poor Donald"?

You're never going to believe this but I was thinking about Patti just YESTERDAY. I was reading a book about variety shows and it listed her as part of the Laugh-In cast and I was recalling her character's whiny voice.

And Harry, what do you mean "poor Donald"?

Patti's husband was comedy writer Donald Ross (not that other Donald) and they appeared frequently together on Tattletales. They were very funny together.

• Like 1