OTHER FAMOUS PEOPLE WHO DIED

C L A U D E

8 hours ago, Neil said:

There was a Zsa Zsa Gabor Show??  When?  What was it?

The Zsa Zsa Gabor Show was a talk show pilot taped in February 1969. Lucy, Adam West (or as Zsa Zsa calls him "Adam Vest ze Batman"), and Marty Allen were the guests. It's everything you would hope and expect from a Zsa Zsa talk show. Zsa Zsa has a handsome male sidekick who's job seems to be just to keep Zsa Zsa on track. Zsa Zsa asks Lucy who were some of the most fascinating men she ever met. Lucy mentions FDR and Zsa Zsa exclaims, "I dated him!" She then is surprised to learn that FDR isn't John F. Kennedy. Zsa Zsa asks Lucy about her trip to Monaco and Princess Grace, but then immediately changes the topic to how a duke wants to marry her. Zsa Zsa's cohost announces that Zsa Zsa has a special phone call and when she picks up the phone, it's nothing but a loud dial tone. She eventually gets to speak to the caller: her daughter Francesca. One segment is a takeoff on The Dating Game trying to find Zsa Zsa a new husband. Another has them trying funny hats on Marty Allen. Before one commercial break, all of the stars do some groovy dancing. Lucy looks absolutely terrific on the show. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Louise Latham, probably best known for her screen debut as Marnie's mother in Marnie, has died at 95. She was supposed to have been a regular during the first season of Rhoda as Rhoda's book editor boss, but that plot line ended up being dropped after one episode. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/louise-latham-dead-tippi-hedrens-mother-hitchcocks-marnie-was-95-1096599

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to think that Mama Bush would have a sense of humor about this blunder, because it sounds like something straight out of WJM TV News. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/cbs-news-publishes-erroneous-barbara-bush-obituary-1102854

But I do send her and the whole fam prayers, good vibes, and condolences as they go through this sad time in their lives.

• Like 1

On April 16, 2018 at 8:49 AM, Freddie2 said:

I'd like to think that Mama Bush would have a sense of humor about this blunder, because it sounds like something straight out of WJM TV News. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/cbs-news-publishes-erroneous-barbara-bush-obituary-1102854

But I do send her and the whole fam prayers, good vibes, and condolences as they go through this sad time in their lives.

Mrs. Bush has now passed away at age 92.

50 minutes ago, Freddie2 said:

Lemme tell ya, when you see a breaking news obituary that uses a picture of the cast of The Golden Girls, it sends a shock up your spine like you would not believe!

O

They should know better than to do that. I had the horrible thought yesterday, don't let Betty die today, Carol Burnett can't handle that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Freddie2 said:

Legendary sitcom producer Paul Junger Witt has died at 77. 

Lemme tell ya, when you see a breaking news obituary that uses a picture of the cast of The Golden Girls, it sends a shock up your spine like you would not believe!

That was a very poor move. Cheap way to get more clicks. Mention Mr. Junger Witt's credits but use his picture. That's just unfair to everyone involved. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...