OTHER FAMOUS PEOPLE WHO DIED

C L A U D E

7/16/-- deaths of the famous:

Whitfield Connor, b. 12/3; guest, Desilu Productions', Willy 2 episodes, 1954, as well as Cavalcade of America, 3 episodes, 1953, one episode, 1954, dies this date in 1988.

Barbara Eiler, b. 7/27; guest, Lucille Ball's, My Favorite Husband, radio show, 1948; guest, Desilu Studios'-filmed, The Adventures of Jim Bowie, 1956; Desilu Productions', Cavalcade of America, 1955, 1956, 1957; Desilu Studios'-filmed, The Dick Van Dyke Show, 1961; with William Frawley (Lucy’s Fred Mertz), My Three Sons, 1962; as well as Desilu Studios'-filmed, The Bill Dana Show, 1963, dies this date in 2006.

Jo Stafford, b. 11/12; Lucille Ball co-star, DuBarry Was A Lady, 1943; guest Desilu Productions', Shower of Stars, The Red Skelton Hour, Shower of Stars, 1958; as well as co-star/performer, with Desi Arnaz IV, The Mambo Kings, 1992, dies this date in 2008.

William Asher, b. 8/8; son, producer, E.M. Asher and actress, Lillian Bonner; film and television director; one-time Emmy winner, 1966; thrice nominated, for his work on Bewitched, wife, Elizabeth Montgomery, starring; directing the pilot of the classic sitcom, Our Miss Brooks, adapted from radio, leads to his work on ("I Love Lucy,"); recommended friend, Dann Cahn, for the Desilu editor position; director, 101 episodes, (“I Love Lucy”), commencing the second season, 1952, through the fourth season – again, after Episode 168, sixth season, 1957; as well as director, 4 episodes, 1953, director, Desilu Studios'-filmed, Make Room For Daddy, starring Danny Thomas; Desilu Productions', Mickey and the Contessa, 1963; as well as with the Arnazes, archivally, TV Land Moguls, “The 50's”, 2004, dies this date in 2012.

This really hits close, the only show on the air I watch regularly is Glee. I've watched and enjoyed every episode. He was a wonderful talent and very handsome. He also seemed like such a down to earth, nice person, that just wanted to be happy.

I do hope though that he knew how much he means to the fans of Glee. He was an inspiration for many, not only through Finn but also as being himself. Hearts are broken all over the world.

For some reason this death seems unreal. Maybe because it was so random? Maybe because he is so young? I don't know, but Glee will never be the same. Finn was one of the best parts of Glee.

I just hope that his family and loved ones are doing well. I hope they know millions of people are reaching out and giving them their love.

Rest In Peace, Cory Monteith. Shine with the stars!

Wait till you see the ratings that PREMIERE show of the new season gets in September.

7/17/ DEATHS:

Harry Guardino, b. 12/23; guest, Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse, 1959; Desilu Productions’, Here’s Hollywood, 1962; The Untouchables, 1960, 1961, 1962; The Greatest Show on Earth, 1963; with Desi Arnaz, The Hollywood Squares, 1972; as well as with Lucie Arnaz, Night of 100 Stars, 1982, dies this date in 1995.

Maury Hill, b. 3/1; guest, (“I Love Lucy”), 1954, dies this date in 2007.

Paul Sorenson, b. 2/16; guest, Desilu Productions’, Cavalcade of America, 1956; The Untouchables, 1963; Mission:Impossible, 1967, 1972; Lucille Ball film co-star, 1967, as well as Lucille's supporting cast member, (“Here’s Lucy”), 1971, dies this date in 2008.

Walter Cronkite, b. 11/4; appears with Lucille Ball: CBS: The Stars' Address, 1963, Host, CBSOn the Air: A Celebration of 50 Years, on which Lucille co-hosts, Part II, 1978; with Lucille, in her Honor, The Kennedy Center Honors: A Celebration of the Performing Arts, 1986, with Lucille, he was Master of Ceremonies, 1987; with Lucille, archivally, Fame in the Twentieth Century, 1993; with Lucille, archivally, and Lucie Arnaz, Bob Hope: The First 90 Years, 1993, as well as with Lucie, CBS at 75, 2003, dies this date in 2009.

Today's important folks who have died from Lucille's history:

Barbara Pepper, b. 5/31/15; Lucille Ball’s career-long-friend, early film-career co-star, 1933, 1934, 1936, 1950; veteran supporting cast member, (“I Love Lucy”), 9 episodes, 1952-55; Desilu Productions’, The Walter Winchell File, 1957, The Texan, 1959; as well as The Untouchables, 1961, 1962, dies this date in 1969.

Harold Miller, b. 5/31/1894; veteran film and television actor; Lucille Ball early film-career co-star, 1938, 1939; William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz) co-star, 1940, 1944; with Lucille, 1945, 1946, 1947; with Frawley, 1948, 1949, 2 films, 1950; with the Arnazes, Forever, Darling, 1956; as well as with Lucille, Critic's Choice, 1963, dies this date in 1972.

Coroner says Cory died from a mixture involving heroin and alcohol. So sad.

I had a feeling it was those two things. The two biggest addictions that scare me most. The two I most commonly see in my family. I see how much it takes over so many I know. So damn frightening.

I'm also glad I loved Cory and was a fan of Glee before this. Now here comes the fake fans. Haha. When doesnt this happen?

His dad wasn't even allowed to see his body at the viewing BEFORE he was cremated.

Lea, his brother, and mother saw his body only. Then decided to cremate him. I guess his dad didn't even know he ever had a substance abuse problem. He must've not been very involved in his life.

I'm also glad I loved Cory and was a fan of Glee before this. Now here comes the fake fans. Haha. When doesnt this happen?

I hate it when that happens. LOL I know a woman who hated Glee and its entire cast with the fire of seven suns, and now she's acting like her favourite brother and second coming of Perry Como died. :lucyshock:

Lea, his brother, and mother saw his body only. Then decided to cremate him. I guess his dad didn't even know he ever had a substance abuse problem. He must've not been very involved in his life.

Didn't he desert them when Cory was very young? Of course NOW, he shows up as the will is about to be read.

I hate it when that happens. LOL I know a woman who hated Glee and its entire cast with the fire of seven suns, and now she's acting like her favourite brother and second coming of Perry Como died. :lucyshock:

Well, yeah, I get THAT, BUT, to be fair, I never gave him any thought BUT now after hearing all he went through, I see him differently and have compassion for him dying so young and the inner demons he had to fight that we did not know about. I thought he was a normal character on that show, not well written or anything, but now I hear him doing some songs and I appreciate what a great performer he really was.

Well, yeah, I get THAT, BUT, to be fair, I never gave him any thought BUT now after hearing all he went through, I see him differently and have compassion for him dying so young and the inner demons he had to fight that we did not know about. I thought he was a normal character on that show, not well written or anything, but now I hear him doing some songs and I appreciate what a great performer he really was.

It's funny because when watching the special features on the first season DVD he was saying how he didn't think he could ever sing. But he knew his drumming talent. Then he got one of the leads on the show. He was surprised, he never thought he could sing.

His personality is something a lot of viewers can relate too. A misunderstood guy that was genuinely a good person. When you hear the nice things people say about him now after his death and what they said before, it is no different. Not only was he an inspiration through himself but also through the character he portrayed in Glee.

People have this interpretation of all people with substance abuse problems to be horrible people. I know many with that stereotype. But so many others I know are the most loving people that are just mixed up with the drugs.

This is a tragic story. I am still shocked it even happened.

• Like 1

It's funny because when watching the special features on the first season DVD he was saying how he didn't think he could ever sing. But he knew his drumming talent. Then he got one of the leads on the show. He was surprised, he never thought he could sing.

His personality is something a lot of viewers can relate too. A misunderstood guy that was genuinely a good person. When you hear the nice things people say about him now after his death and what they said before, it is no different. Not only was he an inspiration through himself but also through the character he portrayed in Glee.

People have this interpretation of all people with substance abuse problems to be horrible people. I know many with that stereotype. But so many others I know are the most loving people that are just mixed up with the drugs.

This is a tragic story. I am still shocked it even happened.

Very well said. Jane Lynch shared a story about him on The Tonight Show, that he spent his own money travelling cross county for a fan, now THAT's a nice guy. He also did a video for another fan a few days before he died.

Today's deceased, 7/20:

Allen Jenkins, b. 4/9/1900; Lucille Ball film co-star, RKO, 1939; William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz) co-star, 1941, 1945; supporting cast member, (“I Love Lucy”), 1952, 1953; several Desilu Studios'-filmed, The Red Skelton Hour, 1956-1960; with Vivian Vance (Lucy's Ethel Mertz), 1972; as well as with the Arnazes, all archivally, Hollywood Out-takes and Rare Footage, 1983, dies this date, 7/20, in 1974.

Desiree 'DeDe' Eveline Hunt Ball, b. 9/21/1892; Lucille Ball’s mother, dies at the age of 84, this date, 7/20, in 1977.

Mary Treen, b. 3/27/1907; veteran, films and television; Desi Arnaz co-star, 1941; William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz) co-star, 1948; Lucille Ball co-star, 1950; guest, Desilu Productions’, Willy, 1954; The Ann Sothern Show, 2 episodes, 1959-1960; Desilu Studios'-filmed, The Joey Bishop Show, cast member, 35 episodes, 1962-1965; as well as Lucille's guestr, (“Here’s Lucy”), 1974, dies this date, 7/20, in 1989.

Linda Stirling, b. 10/11/21; guest, Desilu Studios'-filmed, Cavalcade of America, and The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp, 1956, dies this date, 7/20, in 1997.

Sandra Gould, b. 7/23/16; Lucille Ball friend, and early-career radio co-star, My Favorite Husband, 1950; William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz) co-star, 1952; guest, (“I Love Lucy”), 1954, 1957; Desilu Productions’, Our Miss Brooks, 1955, 1956; December Bride, 1956, 1957; Lucille's guest, (The Lucy Show), 1962, as well as with William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz), My Three Sons, 2 episodes, 1963, 1964; dies this date, 7/20, in 1999.

:

Journalist Helen Thomas, the stalwart of White House press conferences, has died at 92.

I was just coming to post that. A fixture with Presidents and never afraid to ask the tough questions, and with a face that could curdle milk, proving brains are more important than looks, she was brilliant at her job and will be missed with the motley crew of reporters working today.

• Like 1

I was just coming to post that. A fixture with Presidents and never afraid to ask the tough questions, and with a face that could curdle milk, proving brains are more important than looks, she was brilliant at her job and will be missed with the motley crew of reporters working today.

I swear, some of the stuff you come up just busts a gut!! "...a face that could curdle milk"!! Sure you're not talking about my boss?? :lucydaze:

Deaths for 7/21:

Basil Rathbone, b. 6/13/1892; William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz) co-star, 1940; Desilu Productions', Shower of Stars, 1954; Desilu Studios'-filmed, The Red Skelton Hour, 1956, 1960; as well as with Vivian Vance (Lucy's Ethel Mertz) The Merv Griffin Show, 1965; dies this date in 1967.

Robert Young, b. 2/22/1907; of Father Knows Best, and Marcus Welby, M.D., fame, appears, as host, with Desi Arnaz, IV, Salute to Oscar Hammerstein II, 1972; with Lucie Arnaz, guest, Marcus Welby, M.D., 1975; appears, uncredited, with Lucille Ball, archivally, That's Entertainment III, 1994, dies this date in 1998.

Walter M. Jefferies, b. 8/12/1921; art director and production design, Desilu Productions', Star Trek, 5 episodes, 1966; and art director, Mission: Impossible, “Pilot”, 1966; dies this date in 2003.

other famous folks who have died this date, 7/22:

Florenz Ziegfeld, Jr., b. 3/21/1867, Lucille Ball early film career mentor and friend; an American Broadway impressario; Lucille having appeared in an all-star, semi-biographical film, also starring William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz), among many others, Ziegfeld Follies, 1946, dies this date in 1932.

Cy Kendall, b. 3/10/1898; actor 149 titles; Lucille Ball film-career co-star, uncredited, 1938, 1939; as well as William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz) co-star, uncredited, 1940; dies this date in 1953.

Jack Lescoulie, b. 11/17/1917 ; actor, of The Jackie Gleason Show, 1952-57, and The Honeymooners' fame, each series, as announcer, 1955-56; Lucille Ball co-star, A Girl, a Guy and a Gob, 1941; as well as appears with the Arnazes, Jackie Gleason Show Special, 1957; dies this date in 1987.

Robert F. Blumofe, b. 9/23/1909 ; appears, as himself, with Lucille Ball, AFI Life Achievement Award: A Tribute to Henry Fonda, 1978; as well as producer/presenter, Lucille's film, Yours, Mine and Ours, 1968; dies this date in 2003.