You are DELIBERATELY NOT stirring your coffee!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, I'm lost. Can someone 'splain?

Hate to re-hash bad memories; but, since Carol claims to have been SUCH A GOOD FRIEND TO LUCILLE, LUCIE -

THIS IS JUST FOR YOU, LOTUS BUD:  Last year, she came to Chautauqua Institution (a mere 11 miles from Jamestown) and, as far as I know, never came to LucyTown; irritates me greatly. 

And, Joey, I'm quite a few years beyond BRAT!  Let's say it this way:  NEVER IRRITATE AN OLD PERSON; WE HAVE STRANGE WAYS OF RETALIATION!!!!  Loving you,  :)  :obrien:  ​ 

Hate to re-hash bad memories; but, since Carol claims to have been SUCH A GOOD FRIEND TO LUCILLE, LUCIE -

THIS IS JUST FOR YOU, LOTUS BUD:  Last year, she came to Chautauqua Institution (a mere 11 miles from Jamestown) and, as far as I know, never came to LucyTown; irritates me greatly. 

And, Joey, I'm quite a few years beyond BRAT!  Let's say it this way:  NEVER IRRITATE AN OLD PERSON; WE HAVE STRANGE WAYS OF RETALIATION!!!!  Loving you,  :)  :obrien:  ​ 

I know! You know you're "preaching to the choir" right?? :blink:

• 2 years later...

Lucy's pronunciation of "pahtio" in Runaway Butterfly popped into my head today, for some reason. It's bugged me ever since I first saw it - it just seems pretentious.

I watched "Redecorating" this afternoon. The party line scene with Florence Halop is very funny, but it's so out of the blue. That was never a recurring subplot like it was on the radio show. It would've been a fun running gag, but in this instance it felt like padding.

5 hours ago, Mot Morenzi said:

Lucy's pronunciation of "pahtio" in Runaway Butterfly popped into my head today, for some reason. It's bugged me ever since I first saw it - it just seems pretentious.

I watched "Redecorating" this afternoon. The party line scene with Florence Halop is very funny, but it's so out of the blue. That was never a recurring subplot like it was on the radio show. It would've been a fun running gag, but in this instance it felt like padding.

My mom use to tell me stories of when they had a party line in the 50s. Apparently my grandmother was ALWAYS on the phone. Wonder if anyone pulled what Lucy did on her. 

35 minutes ago, Luvsbway said:

My mom use to tell me stories of when they had a party line in the 50s. Apparently my grandmother was ALWAYS on the phone. Wonder if anyone pulled what Lucy did on her. 

The "oops, there goes my doorbell" bit was brilliant. I just wish they hadn't used it for only this one episode. Had it recurred like in radio it would've been great. 

I have no doubt the writers were inspired by their own or others' experiences with party lines. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived