Lucy's Rings

Luvsbway

Thanks Annaleigh for working on the ring stuff. I’ve been having a hard time finding some clear photos. What is funny is that I can find what I am looking for all over her shows and specials, interviews, etc… I am checking out that Carson interview tonight.

These are the rings I am looking for.

That gold cluster ring with the pearl you posted is one of the rings I am interested in. I agree with your conclusion that this could be the engagement ring as it does show up very early. I believe this ring’s whereabouts have just surfaced last month. Brock posted that pic of Wanda wearing one of Lucy’s rings that is in the picture she is standing in front of. It looks very much like that ring. The museum on their Facebook page also posted about Wanda wearing that ring and mentioned that Lucie gave it to Wanda but no back story on the significance of the ring.

The second ring is a much larger gold ring with an oval black stone in it and the sides are almost cage like. Lucy wore this a lot as well. I was watching Catherine Curtis and Happy Anniversary/Goodbye again last night and she wears it at times in both. Lucy also wore it a bunch on Here’s Lucy. Now to track down the time frame on this ring. I think it post-dates the pearl ring. So far I’ve only got some side shots of this ring collected.

The third ring is her actual wedding ring. This can be seen in the wedding photos (cutting the cake, etc…). It’s gold and has a somewhat wide band. I rarely see Lucy wearing this ring. Partly I think is that due to it’s width and also because of the size of those other 2 rings it does not stack very well. Here are the following places I think I may have spotted it. If these are not it, whatever she is wearing looks a lot like it.

First Season Lucy Show- In the first couple of episodes Lucy and Viv are both wearing wedding rings. Viv’s is definitely her ring to John as it is very distinctive. I’m pretty sure Lucy is wearing her real ring. Now I don’t know why a divorcee is still wearing her ring, but Lucy playing a widow I will let it slide. Both rings disappear by about the 4th episode in.

Later seasons of Here’s Lucy- Along with both other rings mentioned being worn throughout the series, I have noticed around the 5th season that on occasion Lucy seems to be wearing a plain gold band that looks like the wedding ring. I’ll have to dig up the episodes to be certain.

Any movie she plays married in- In the Yours, Mine and Ours publicity shoots and also in the movie the ring she wears looks similar to her wedding ring, so I wonder if she wore it here. I’d have to take a look at Critic’s Choice to see what she is wearing, same for Guide for Married Man.

Annaleigh thanks for helping on this ring saga. As you can see from the start of this thread it fascinates me.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No problemo! I'm always interested in her apparel! I'm just glad I'm getting more into it now. I agree with the wedding band. No way she could have paired the two together. I believe she has another cluster ring also, without a pearl.

Is this the caged ring you are talking about?

562327_389422547824884_294871114_n_zps76abf14f.jpg

So I've come to the conclusion that her first wedding/engagement ring is the gold diamond cluster ring with what looks like a pearl on the top. Kind of looks like a flower. It's the earliest ring I can find with Gary. Also it is worn on her and Gary's wedding day and found mostly on her left hand.

Here's a close up, but worn on the pinky, which is odd.

422201_10151307653032802_1029304251_n_zpscb85ce54.jpg

alfred-eisenstaedt-comedian-gary-morton-with-his-wife-lucille-ball-2_zpsb205768b.jpg

alfred-eisenstaedt-comedian-gary-morton-with-his-wife-lucille-ball_zpsa817c2c4.jpg

3935784384_7d19b482ff_o_zpsfd801b92.jpg

Those first and last shots are so incredibly beautiful. The top one was used as the cover of the Jamestown phone book one year, I wouldn't have worn that necklace with that dress, too much.

Yeah I think I stole that phonebook from the hotel.

I would have done the same. AND if I had been born or lived in Los Angeles, I would have lived at her house, lunching on the lawn, stealing the posies as she once said. Would have changed the monogrammed M on the welcome mat to a giant C. Or just changed my name to Mlaude.

:marionstrong: I seem to remember that there was a museum event where they gave away the phone books. Maybe the fan reunion or members only party? I don't think I took mine from the Holiday Inn.

Oh you are such a Marjorie Lord with your sickening sweetness and bloody honesty, LOL! I would have taken more than one, she looked so gorgeous in that picture.

Oh you are such a Marjorie Lord with your sickening sweetness and bloody honesty, LOL! I would have taken more than one, she looked so gorgeous in that picture.

I would've went to each room asking if I can borrow their phone book since my room was somehow missing one. That would be the last they would see of that book. :)

I would've went to each room asking if I can borrow their phone book since my room was somehow missing one. That would be the last they would see of that book. :)

Scary to admit I was going to post the exact same thing. I worked in a hotel and Lucy's phone book cover would have been more popular than The Bible.

Archived