Lucy's TV Clothes

Luvsbway

I would wear dozens of Lucy's dresses & outfits, even today. Some of Viv's dressier clothes were pretty, too. I especially love Lucy Ricardo's white dress with the flowers all over the torso. I could see that in pastel colors OR fall colors. Just beautiful. I like the way she pushes up the sleeves on lots of her tops & dresses to 3/4 length.

I only remember Viv wearing ONE fancy ballgown type dress on the show where Lucy's wearing her maternity silky one. Well, aside from the friendship dress of course.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, the Lucy meets Lucy show, didn't you think her wearing FLAT shoes instead of elegant high heels ruined the look of that afghan or whatever it's called, that gold lame thing. I hated it when she wore flats on her shows, and usually because her co stars were short, including Desi, who wore elevator shoes yet.

I know i'm repeating myself but as i watched the Hedda HOOper one today, i was stunned how clear these new syndicated copies and our own tv's too of course. You can see every detail of every outfit she wears. The dress she uses to go into the pool was stunning, as was the hat, must be sensational in color. As i watched the Fashion show one last week, i was also stunned, i just forgot to come on here and post about it. Now that i see each outfit sixty years later, instead of looking old and meh, they look even more stunning because even the plain suits are elegant and detailed with every part of them looking absolutely stunning. However, the famous Mrs Forest Tucker dress that i've always loved so much and always wished Lucy had bought and worn in real life, it looked a bit too flashy now that i can see it the way it was, all clear and not on a small 21 inch set back then. It looked less elegant and more theatrical, the sort of thing you'd wear in a Broadway show as opposed to an evening gown worn to the Oscars. Know what i mean? It wasn't the way i remembered it, more flashy and less regal, i was so disapointed. Still lovely but unlike all the other outfits on the show, it's gotten to look average instead of spectacular when seing it UP CLOSE.

In Fashion Show did you see the Peplum? Loper pointed it out

No Little Ricky wasn't in that show eating his Peplum. Oh, you mean the collar, nah, i had forgotten all about that post, pre-alzheimer's you know! But man Shel, you sure were right in posting these clothes threads, i cannot get over how i never noticed all the work on all her clothes, the detail, the little ties, the sweeping skirts, the flashy stones here and there, so much it's incredible. I used to think she was dressed in '50's boring but it was really detailed fashion, no wonder Rick had a book out on it.

I know i'm repeating myself but as i watched the Hedda HOOper one today, i was stunned how clear these new syndicated copies and our own tv's too of course. You can see every detail of every outfit she wears. The dress she uses to go into the pool was stunning, as was the hat, must be sensational in color. As i watched the Fashion show one last week, i was also stunned, i just forgot to come on here and post about it. Now that i see each outfit sixty years later, instead of looking old and meh, they look even more stunning because even the plain suits are elegant and detailed with every part of them looking absolutely stunning. However, the famous Mrs Forest Tucker dress that i've always loved so much and always wished Lucy had bought and worn in real life, it looked a bit too flashy now that i can see it the way it was, all clear and not on a small 21 inch set back then. It looked less elegant and more theatrical, the sort of thing you'd wear in a Broadway show as opposed to an evening gown worn to the Oscars. Know what i mean? It wasn't the way i remembered it, more flashy and less regal, i was so disapointed. Still lovely but unlike all the other outfits on the show, it's gotten to look average instead of spectacular when seing it UP CLOSE.

Why are you still watching cut-up syndication versions when it's so easy to pop in a DVD??? :D

Why are you still watching cut-up syndication versions when it's so easy to pop in a DVD??? :D

Remember when I said that and someone here told me they wanted the syndicated ones to be seen so new audiences could discover the series. Well, for me, i'm happy to finally have them on three times a day, two eps at a time. It gives me something to look forward to. All right, i did get sick of seing the first two seasons a hundred times in a few months but now they're showing new ones, seasons three and four, my all time favorites AND they are NEW syndicated remastered copies with no flaws whatsoever, remember that i grew up on those grainy ones on a small set. So, now that i have that huge clear picture, it's like i'm in there with them and although i hate to say it again, it's too much trouble getting those dvds out of those boxes to watch them on the living room one, especially that horrible big plastic box. And they don't seem cut up either. Every time i think i missed a scene, it shows up later, i think they don't need as many commercials as these shows are so inexpensive because they're so old.

• 1 month later...

Ok, once more about the clothes . . . i guess after growing up with the chopped up versions on small black and white sets for decades, sometimes snowy images, an antenna to brighten the image, compared to nowadays, a picture so clear you can now see details you just never noticed before. Imagine when the series comes out in Blu Ray! We'll be able to see if they have cavities.

I was watching Ethel's Birthday, Lucy is wearing a dowdy old fashioned suit when they go to the theater, but now it's clearly high fashion for the period, i never E V E R knew that the collar matches the blouse underneath, there are infinite details in absolutely everything they wear, we just never saw it so clearly before, i was stunned. Nowadays, every episode is a new fashion show and you can tell that the various people in charge of Lucy's and the others' wardrobe did an incredible job. Most of the stuff is absolutely amazing and quite stunning, we can see that clearly now that we are so close and seeing everything in such detail that we feel we are now on the set with them.

Saw some stuff recently I liked. The photo at the Emmys in the other thread, the dress looks to be the same as in the Monte Carlo episode.

The Ricardos go to Cuba. The dress Lucy wears to meet the family she looks stunning in. Yet another dress we only see once.

Really? The Black lace Emmy dress is just wonderful, so classy and perfect for that period. Don't remember the Cuba dress unless it was whitish and big and flowing, i think i saw a pic of it. Can't wait for Comedy Gold to get to the Europe and little Ricky having aged a few years in a coule of months, LOL! Saw that black one with the open slit that shows a white crinoline showing out of the opening, sorry Shel, wish i knew the proper terms for these thins, another one i remember loving was the one she wears when they are on Person to person and Ethel says she found that hard to swallow, doesn't Lucy have a nice one on there with a white shortish coat? I swear to you, i never cared for the fashions before but now, seeing everything in such detail is just wunnerful, wunnerful. Do YOU have the Lucy dolls book hon?

No don't have that book. I forgot about the Cuba one until I saw it.

I think i was wrong on mine when i said that dress with the white jacket, i think that was a photo at Desilu when they had Buster Keaton there, Lucy looked positively radiant in that shot. Another white jacket over a beautiful dress but that see through stuff like the black Emmy dress you mentionned.

The Ricardos go to Cuba. The dress Lucy wears to meet the family she looks stunning in. Yet another dress we only see once.

Omg yes! My all time favorite dress! The sweetheart line with the halter straps on top. Then the big bow in front with the lace skirt. I wish I could see it color, I picture in a deep red. Incredibly beautiful. My other favorite is the one she wears on the way to Havana in LDCH, same style as the other dress. Sweetheart line and halter on top with a full skirt on bottom, white with green polka dots. After seeing the picture of the dress in color, LDCH doesn't do it justice, especially because she covers it with a long coat. I've always wanted one of those dresses. I will possibly sew one.

Omg yes! My all time favorite dress! The sweetheart line with the halter straps on stop Then the big bow in front with the lace skirt. I wish I could see it color, I picture in a deep red. Incredibly beautiful. My other favorite is the one she wears on the way to Havana in LDCH, same style as the other dress. Sweetheart line and halter on top with a full skirt on bottom, white with green polls dots. After seeing the picture of the dress in color, LDCH doesn't do it justice, especially because she covers it with a long coat. I've always wanted one of those dresses. I will possibly sew one.

Geez, now i`ll have to go look at those shows to see which one you guys are talking about. Respectfully stated in a humor infected way, with love and admiration for your comments, Love forever, Claude.

Geez, now i`ll have to go look at those shows to see which one you guys are talking about. Respectfully stated in a humor infected way, with love and admiration for your comments, Love forever, Claude.

Oooooh Claudey! Lol. I love ya too! :) But definately watch those two asap! Both stunning dresses.

Would you believe it, as i type this The Fashion show sequence is on, Lucy just came on in her tweed suit with the collar that should be UP like THIS. Loving you you little dickens. CC.

I loved that outfit, especially the hat!

Here's the picture of Lucy in the LDCH dress. The ILL Cuba episode is the same style but much more glamorous.

mommmmmm.jpg

Archived