Lucy's TV Clothes

Luvsbway

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

There was a previously conversation on here about the famous Sally sweet dress around a month ago on some thread.

It was a debate about if the riped dress was the same as the one worn. Which of course couldn't be so with how they filmed the show. But with watching this on the Blu ray you see a distinct different between the ripped and the actual dress. I'll post my photos once my PB would like to work! Haha.

Here's the original

04FE9432-EF9E-404A-8BBF-CFB1927BFB7E_zps

Here's the ripped dress.

30C4A7AC-B30A-4098-AF4D-663B43B13F8A_zps

0CC1F64C-A39F-4DC8-969E-A73A136537AB_zps

The Sally Sweet dress is full on sequins, also look at the white collar. The split dress looks more like a foil dot flimsy fabric. Plus the collar is much bigger around the neck and in a completely different shape around the bust area.

Here's the original

04FE9432-EF9E-404A-8BBF-CFB1927BFB7E_zps

Here's the ripped dress.

30C4A7AC-B30A-4098-AF4D-663B43B13F8A_zps

0CC1F64C-A39F-4DC8-969E-A73A136537AB_zps

The Sally Sweet dress is full on sequins, also look at the white collar. The split dress looks more like a foil dot flimsy fabric. Plus the collar is much bigger around the neck and in a completely different shape around the bust area.

These are great! :D

• 2 months later...

I gotta say for a woman who had a rep for not being too concerned about her clothes on her later shows that she is wearing some humdingers in the ones I'm seeing lately.  The one with Jacques Bergerac, the one with Berle, although flowered, which I hate, makes women look older, Betty White showed that on Golden Girls.  Love it when the pattern of the dress is also the lining of the coat, so elegant.

• 2 months later...

I gotta say for a woman who had a rep for not being too concerned about her clothes on her later shows that she is wearing some humdingers in the ones I'm seeing lately. The one with Jacques Bergerac, the one with Berle, although flowered, which I hate, makes women look older, Betty White showed that on Golden Girls. Love it when the pattern of the dress is also the lining of the coat, so elegant.

Me too..

That lilac outfit in the beginning of Marineland is tres chic.

• 2 months later...

This has always perplexed me and I finally found out the answer.  We know the professor costume was worn in the 50' vaudeville tour, The Audition episode, The Jack Benny Show and Lucy in London.  We also know it was in the ILL pilot.  But in the pilot Lucy was 6 months pregnant.  Now I know that it was oversizeed as part of it's comedic effect but I thought how at 6 months pregnant did she fit into that thing and then wear it for all these other shows.  Well the answer came in this portion of an article about the Universal Tribute opening.  The costume was found in Lucy's outdoor closet as they called it earlier in the article.  This was in fact her cedar closet built in the garage.  I was in this closet and have the thermostat.  Sadly no clothes.

1991.png

This has always perplexed me and I finally found out the answer.  We know the professor costume was worn in the 50' vaudeville tour, The Audition episode, The Jack Benny Show and Lucy in London.  We also know it was in the ILL pilot.  But in the pilot Lucy was 6 months pregnant.  Now I know that it was oversizeed as part of it's comedic effect but I thought how at 6 months pregnant did she fit into that thing and then wear it for all these other shows.  Well the answer came in this portion of an article about the Universal Tribute opening.  The costume was found in Lucy's outdoor closet as they called it earlier in the article.  This was in fact her cedar closet built in the garage.  I was in this closet and have the thermostat.  Sadly no clothes.

1991.png

Geez, you got THAT too?  How about the toilet seat in her bedroom, did you get that and frame and light it?  LOL!

Archived