That Wildcat Gal

Brock

Considering her coughing in the background of "Tippy Tippy Toes", perhaps she was under the weather when they were recording the cast album.

OMG I thought I was the only one who heard her coughing during the orchestra playing!

I feel so bad for her, knowing that she is REALLY trying all she can, but is really damaging her voice  in a way that will always be noticeable. 

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Well give her a break!  It was recorded on SUNDAY MORNING and she had just done two shows the day before.

In those days, they didn't have Sunday shows, her only day off.  They recorded the original cast albums in ONE day because of some rule which is probably why they left the cough in. In the "Sunday Clothes" number from "Dolly", Carol comes in early with her "Ermangarde, stop sniveling..." rap.  We hear her say "Ir..." before she catches herself.

I love this pic of the recording session.  Do you have any more??

At the recording session.  She looks really tired here and old.  Could be the face she is making but my gosh.

sss.jpg

Here's what I got that I didn't see posted from the recording session.

cat5.jpg

Who's the guy in this pic?

Amazing how low tech it all once was....complete with wooden chairs strewn about.

I think the cast recordings sounded better then, more raw and spontaneous like a theater piece should be, without all that vocal processing and retake after retake striving for perfection. 

• 2 weeks later...

My God, is that Joe E Brown's big mouth behind her?  And is she wearing her clothes from the show?

Yes, and well, at least the belt!

I'd love to know who was on each respective team that afternoon. If Team Wildcat beat what I presume is Team Camelot, I wonder if that was the underlying source of Dick Burton's animosity. ;)

Archived