Sign in to follow this  
Brock

The Valerie Harper Appreciation Thread

JoeySoCal    1,017

So glad she did Probst before her hospital stay. I fervently hope she gets well soon -- she's got a book signing here in LA next month and I can't wait to see her again!

I'm even more fond of her now after reading the above excerpts (her descripton of LB as "stunning, wonderful and warm" is WUNDAFUL!!!) and finding out that her real name is the same as my late great beloved (maternal) grandmother!

Heal quick, Val! :D

C L A U D E    2,006

I just checked my DVR and she was indeed on the Jeff Probst Show as scheduled. I haven't watched it yet, but she looked fit as a fiddle.

My BELL listing showed someone else.

HarryCarter    1,067

Valerie's interview with Jeff Probst today was terrific. She is such a great interviewee. I hope she feels better soon and continues her book tour because I would love to see her on more talk shows.

JoeySoCal    1,017

Valerie's interview with Jeff Probst today was terrific. She is such a great interviewee. I hope she feels better soon and continues her book tour because I would love to see her on more talk shows.

I know I got it but haven't watched it yet. Did she mention the ailment? BTW - I've just recently caught a few Probst shows and I'm a convert -- he's so charming! Yes I have to admit it's in large part because he's so accepting and cool about us gay folks and all... he had the Lane Twins on recently who shared their story of growing up and the recent success they've had this past year making, promoting and showing their WUNDAFUL doc From Hollywood to Dollywood at film festivals all around the country -- where it went on to win over 25 major film festival honors! (it's been shown recently by PBS and is now available on DVD -- highly recommended, BTW) -- and they really seemed to hit it off.

Bravo, Mr. Probst! Keep up the good work! :D

Brock    3,385

Valerie has been forced to drop out of the national tour of "Looped" citing "health reasons". :(

In unusual (but groovy) twist, Tallulah Bankhead's on-screen soon-to-bedaughter-in-law Stefanie Powers is taking over the lead.

HarryCarter    1,067

Oh no! I'm worried about Valerie. She seemed great on Good Morning America last week. It's a shame she can't continue with Looped. She was brilliant in it. However, I can't think of a more perfect choice of a replacement as Stefanie Powers. That is hilarious casting!

Brock    3,385

Oh no! I'm worried about Valerie. She seemed great on Good Morning America last week. It's a shame she can't continue with Looped. She was brilliant in it. However, I can't think of a more perfect choice of a replacement as Stefanie Powers. That is hilarious casting!

Here's hoping they re-brand the show with "Loop! Loop! My Darling!" everywhere. There's one other guy in the show, right? Is Donald Sutherland busy? LOL

HarryCarter    1,067

Here's hoping they re-brand the show with "Loop! Loop! My Darling!" everywhere. There's one other guy in the show, right? Is Donald Sutherland busy? LOL

:marionstrong: Donald is a bit too old for the main male role, but he could play the sound engineer who is basically an offstage voice.

Brock    3,385

Since there are so many threads that ultimately drift into a discussion on Valerie Harper, I thought I'd retrofit this into an all-purpose Valerie Harper Appreciation Thread, so groovy tidbits don't get lost in random threads and the thread on her cancer isn't bumped, creating unnecessary alarm. Anyway...

Val is set for an appearance in Florida near the end of next month:

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/Valerie-Harper-to-Keynote-Extraordinary-Healer-Award-Ceremony-Honoring-Oncoloy-Nurses-20150330#

• Like 1

C L A U D E    2,006

Since there are so many threads that ultimately drift into a discussion on Valerie Harper, I thought I'd retrofit this into an all-purpose Valerie Harper Appreciation Thread, so groovy tidbits don't get lost in random threads and the thread on her cancer isn't bumped, creating unnecessary alarm. Anyway...

Val is set for an appearance in Florida near the end of next month:

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/Valerie-Harper-to-Keynote-Extraordinary-Healer-Award-Ceremony-Honoring-Oncoloy-Nurses-20150330#

I'm so glad she beat that dreadful illness and she looks great too.  Good for her that she's working again.

• Like 1

Freddie2    858

I just started reading I, Rhoda last night, so I'm certainly in the mood for some Val! I enjoy Stacey Keach as well. Matt LeBlanc, not so much...

JoeySoCal    1,017

Valerie and Stacey Keach will play Matt LeBlanc's parents in at least two episodes of Man with a Plan later this season.

Hooray! :HALKING:

HarryCarter    1,067

Closer Magazine reported a few weeks ago that Valerie was not doing well, so I was delighted to see that Valerie did a TV interview the other day to promote her new short film. 

• Like 1

Freddie2    858

Same! I’ve never had reason do doubt Closer’s credibility, but that Valerie article sounded like it was straight out of The Enquirer.

• Sad 1