Sign in to follow this  
Brock

The Valerie Harper Appreciation Thread

Freddie2    828

I can’t believe it’s been four years since the story of Valerie’s diagnosis broke. Its great that she’s still here and still with it- not to mention how great it is that they’re making such medical advancements! I’ve heard a little Oscar buzz about My Mom and The Girl- I look forward to seeing it!

JoeySoCal    1,005

...and kind of ironic she outlived Mary -- and Betty White, for that matter -- considering her initially grim diagnosis.

Saw her live at the most recent Hollywood Autograph show and while she curiously was not wearing much -- if any -- makeup to greet the public (and sported a baseball cap rather than having a nice 'do), considering her age and recent health battle, looked sounded and acted amazingly well.  One of the nicest celebs I've ever been privileged to meet...and hope I get to do so again.

• Like 1

Freddie2    828
On 12/2/2017 at 3:12 PM, JoeySoCal said:

...and kind of ironic she outlived Mary -- and Betty White, for that matter -- considering her initially grim diagnosis.

Whaddaya mean outlived? As far as I know, one half of that twosome is still kickin’!

JoeySoCal    1,005
On 12/3/2017 at 7:23 PM, Freddie2 said:

Whaddaya mean outlived? As far as I know, one half of that twosome is still kickin’!

Outlived Mary Tyler Moore, which is pretty miraculous given her original few months to live diagnosis.

• Thanks 1